Hello Istarians! Today I'm coming to you for some feedback on a structure called a "Warehouse".

A Warehouse is a structure we have considered to attempt to try to reduce the number of silo farms in the world by compacting them into a single structure. This is not only easier on people who have to play musical silos for bulk storage, but reduces structure count too (and consequently - lag).

A drawback that is currently known is less control over permissions (one structure versus many - you can have varied permissions on a silo farm versus a warehouse being one structure).

Firstly, I'd love to hear some feedback on some sizes we have considered in efforts to try to make them flexible enough to reduce the need for large silo farms:

- 10x10
- 10x15
- 15x15
- 10x20
- 15x20
- 20x20
- 25x25

Additionally, another bit of feedback requested is on how best to approach their functionality. I've created a poll on the thread for the options below to try to gauge what people might prefer. Here are some of the options that have been considered:

- Option #1: Have two kinds of warehouse.
One is a food warehouse, the other is a supply warehouse.

The food warehouse offers the same bulk and stack as the same number of storehouses that you could place in its footprint and can only store food and ingredients like storehouses.

The supply warehouse holds your craft materials or whatever else a silo could normally hold, and offers the same bulk and stack as a similar number of silos that you could place in its footprint.

Both would cost slightly less resources to build each than the number of storehouses or silos that could be placed in the warehouse's footprint. Possibly available for each tier 1 through 6 and only needs that tier's resources, making them easier to build.
- Option #2: Have one kind of warehouse.
It offers the same stack count as the number of storehouses that you could place in its footprint, but the same bulk as a similar number of silos.

This option is pretty powerful - so I suspect to incentivize building it over silos is an option to offer a slight boost on the bulk/stack, but it costs a bit more to build too. This warehouse might only be available every even tier, and need both the same tier and last tier resources to build... kind of like a dragon lair chamber.
- Option #3: Warehouses are resource type specific.
It offers the same stack count as the number of storehouses that you could place in its footprint, but the same bulk as a similar number of silos.

It costs a little less to build than the storehouses and silos that could fit in its footprint, but you can only store one kind of resource in it at a time. This means that you could have a stone warehouse, or a cloth warehouse, and you can't put cloth in the stone warehouse and vice versa. These would be more suited to plots close to one type of resource field.