Thread: An American in Istaria's Empire

Hybrid View

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: An American in Istaria's Empire

Quote Originally Posted by flamestar View Post
    I really hope this isn’t a common thing whenever I want to change schools!
    (( While I hate to be the bearer of bad news..... ;D

These posts are great, I love following them! Keep it up! ))

((Really enjoying this thread. ))
    xWaterwingx SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient | Lycheeberry Pavlova - Helian Ancient | Atriva Liliin - Lunus Ancient | Intossicara Draconis - Helian Ancient | Bananaswirl Milkshake - Helian Ancient | Veshk Melone - Lunus Ancient | xWaterwingxII SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient
    And more aaaaaaaaaa

Same here. Keep it up!

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

((Thanks guys. If anybody else wants to post their character's reactions to somehow finding these "journal" entries, go right ahead!))

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

Journal Entry 5

Whoops! I guess my nap was a little bit longer than expected... I slept for quite a while next to that lava pool until a newly arrived Dragon named Macheeba poked me friendly into my side. She said that she passed me quite some times now and that i`m still sleeping so she thought about waking me up. I hit my nuzzle on hers when i rushed up with my head and we started laughing. Anyway. I noticed while i was sleeping, three new entrys have been added into Jannes book. Strange that i didn`t wake up from the glow it`s emmitting when a new entry is beeing added. Well, maybe because of the lava pool next to me that also glows.

So... Janne really seems to not know what is a Gifted, magic and other things like ped schools... This must be a blow to her mind when everything is so new to you and at first you think you`re just dreaming... But when she isn`t from this realm, wich then? I know no other realm close to ours that makes life possible for a human... I will have to tell this to Karane when i meet her again! This is so interesting. Looks like she isn`t used to kill animals yet. Well i guess she will soon get to know it closer. On Spirit Island the mobs are kind of friendly but i guess when she encounters a wolf later she won`t have that much luck. Come to think of the undead wich already settled on New Trismus. You better train your skills on the mobs that are still kinda harmless... Picking the Mage school is a good choice when you don`t want that much of a close ranged combat. Also it looks like she didn`t really meet much of the other races in Istaria. I wonder how her first encounter with a dragon will come out. Must be some kind of beast to her.

Anyway, i continued my journey through the portal and i finally reached New Trismus. Kerian the Dragon Craft Trainer and Avariatus the Dragon Adventurer will take my training from here on. First Kerian wanted me to prove my crafting skills. No problem! I like Spellshards more than metal because they are made of stone but i need to learn about both. So on my way to the local Sandstone field a human named Pratt McGrubben called out to me. The town is in trouble! Some skeletons walked up too close to the town wall and Pratt wanted me to slay them. They are a thread to the whole town. You could think that a town under siege has a bit more guards but suddenly nobody was around... So i agreed and jumped right into it! I was pretty excited this is actually my first encounter with the undead. I red so much about them but close up they are different. Evil, bad news, not showing a bit of mercy. While fighting i started to rwalize what Karane ment. I started learning stuff on instinct. I just knew it all of a sudden when i got wounded badly. I summoned the primal elements themselves, conjuring a breeze foul to the undead but sweet to myself. It caressed my scales and my wounds started to close. This new knowledge was very useful. Thank you Karane for giving me a push into the right direction!

I took a quick nap before finishing the Spellshards. I told Kerian i was meditating on my new knowledge but i guess lying at your teacher wasn`t a good idear. She`s too smart... anyway she made me finish my first spell with the shards i just made and was pleased with the result. It was just a simple Prime Bolt, a ranged spell attack but if i had that before i messed with the undead, the fight would have been alot easyer. I guess from now on i`ll jsut stick with what the teachers tell me to do or i`ll get in trouble with Kerian again. She is very strictly but tell you when she`s pleased with your work.

Avariatus then sent me to test my new spell. Ranged attacks can be very useful. Now i know why Janne prefers Mage. You don`t get hurt that often in ranged combat but i got some good scales. I just hit them a couple of times with the bolt til they are with me and then i place the final strike with my claw! During combat with other creatures i tried new moves and learned more stuff on intuition. This starts to make fun! I can`t wait to tell Karane about my little adventures. For example i just knew all of a sudden how to send out piercing winds by just flapping with my wings strong enough. Avariatus called this attack Galewind i think. I didn`t know that hatchlings already have such strong wings. Yet we still can`t fly...
    Sadly i got a bit carried away in my thoughts and ran straight into an undead patrol...

Death counter: 2

I will be more careful. I may be a dragon but i can`t take on the whole world allone. Even Malganival Lunus knew this. Thats why he became such a great warrior. A little bit depressed,i went back to Kerian. She noticed that and suggested to make a new pair of claws and scales so i may become stronger. That cheered me up. I made some new Garnet-Tipped Dragon Claws and a new scale to get a better protection from the mobs and Avariatus sent me to test them on the local spiders. They do just great. I feel stronger already.

Well i guess i`ll make a little break for now I learned alot of new stuff today and i would like to think about ti and deepen my knowledge. Also it`s already night again and i don`t want to run into another patrol by accident!
    So til next time.

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

The night passed, and dawn approached the Tower of Mages. I rose my giant ancient skull and stretched, my body itching for a flight. Although it was well into the morning, the skies were still dark. I wonder if we have any company today, I thought to myself.

I'm Waterwing, as many of you might know. My task is to assist Naithis in guarding and watching over the tower. Not many pass through here, albeit the gifted. You could say we're the flight patrol. The air is cold and crisp, and full of magic. For some, it's intolerable. However, it's the perfect environment for me.

For the most part, it's silent up here. I carry a scroll with me - an all-seeing eye, I like to call it. It's sort of like a news journal, and updates whenever someone is writing with magic or a mysterious force within Istaria. It hums and glows a white light when there is something new to read. It helps me pass the time atop this rather cold and lonely structure.

I like to be up before the sun rises so I can view all the magnificent colors associated with a sunrise, but, I seem to have woken a little too early. The moon was still setting. I decided to lay down and create a piece of art with my primal magic, but not from my eyes.

I write here in this empty part of my scroll. It's magical and infinite, but it's not a long, flowing piece of parchment. I've been waiting here an hour, no longer. The moon finally set and the sun is making its first appearance. I listen to the last sounds of the twinkling stars above, and the faint snowfall touching the crystal tower. Istaria's constellations and truly anything consisting of magic, have songs of their own. Maybe the naka-duskaels cannot hear it, but to dragonkind, it's a lullaby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpoythVjcd4 (the soundtrack I'm talking about.)

As I am writing, my scroll vibrates with energy. A new report, this early? I let my eyes travel down to find someone has been writing a journal. They speak as if they have ever been here. But of course, that's exactly the issue. This naka-duskael seems to bring a new type of magic to Istaria. Creating images with her... cell phone? Whatever that is, it's perking my interest. The images come out crisp and clear, almost as clear as what I can create with my own magic. But I've never heard of any other race utilizing this kind of magic so easily.

Janne Doe, was it? I hope to meet you one day in my travels. But for now, I shall go take my long awaited morning flight. Maybe now, the tower won't feel so lifeless and mundane.
    xWaterwingx SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient | Lycheeberry Pavlova - Helian Ancient | Atriva Liliin - Lunus Ancient | Intossicara Draconis - Helian Ancient | Bananaswirl Milkshake - Helian Ancient | Veshk Melone - Lunus Ancient | xWaterwingxII SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient
    And more aaaaaaaaaa

((Nice intro Waterwing. ))

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

Thread Information