Four Days Prior - Aughundell
The black essence orb sits uselessly on the table before Gaileach. Ever since the Gifted returned victorious with their loot, Gaileach, among the Dryad masters of magic, has been working day and night on cracking its mysterious. Gifted have gone to and fro from her desk, passing along any news of the silence from the greater armies of the Aegis. After their precious orb was stolen, the Aegis once again went silent.
Whatever this orb does, Gaileach has little idea. Every spell she could dredge from the depths of her mind, every experiment, every resource… everything had no reaction. Yet this orb still radiates darkness and energy. The magic is infuriating - you can feel the power from it! Yet it behaves nothing like a normal enchanted object!
Clutching her head in her fists, Gaileach leans backwards in her hovering position. What is the secret? If she can guide the Gifted to defeating the Myloc Queen herself, she can figure out this orb’s power…

Three Days Prior - Harro
“He’s... talking, sir,” a tired guard reports, leaning against a cave wall. After the failed assault on the Eastern Outpost and Harro, the skeletal prisoner was moved deep into a Dragon’s lair in Harro, safe from the Aegis. Lord-Commander Jatell looks up from his notes, surprised. “Talking? The skeleton?”
The guard’s irritated and tired look confirmed the question.
“And? What’s he saying?” Jatell demands, standing up.
“He’s… he’s talking about the parchment. It’s a map … an enchanted map, but only the Aegis can unlock it.” The guard stands up a bit straighter, squaring his shoulders to look more appropriate for his commander.
“We’ll see about that.”
Two Days Prior - Aughundell
Gaileach yells out her success in the middle of Aughundell, perhaps waking up half of the population in the progress.
“I got it! I GOT IT!” She screams, punching the air with her fists. The orb vibrates slightly in front of her, lifting off the desk.
A few curious Dragon heads poke into her study, startling her. Both Gifted, it seems, and eager to hear her results. Many Gifted have been hanging around her study lately, waiting for news. “What’s going on?” One of the Dragons asked, the fins around its face perking in anticipation.
“It’s… it’s a catalyst. An energy source - those Blight portals, remember? This! This powers one! The portals; they draw energy from this orb and rip open a wormhole between realms, I think. I need to study it more but using this… we could close their portals!”
Both Gifted look to each other excitedly, but are interrupted when a newcomer walks between them. “Gaileach?” He asks politely.
The dryad looks to the new arrival, hands still raised in victory.
“We have a situation,” the person, Jatell, says.
One Day Prior - Harro
Gaileach stares at the skeleton before her, unsure what to think. “It’s a leader?” She asks after a minute.
Lord-Command Jatell nods curtly. “Yes, and he speaks… when he wants to. We received a piece of parchment from the Gifted to study as you received the orb. This skeleton informs us that this piece of parchment is an enchanted map only the Aegis can unlock. Apparently forcefully removing the enchantment that keeps these bones moving at a very slow pace is akin to torture for us normal folk. Anyway, he cast the spell to make the map visible and screamed at us - amongst various obscenities - that it shows the most recent battle plans in real-time. The Aegis can deactivate it at any time, but they might not know which one we have or don’t know we have it.”
Gaileach nods slowly, following. “How does this involve me, Commander? Does my orb come in?” She begins to dread the possible reality of being wrong about the orb being a catalyst.
Jatell simply holds up the enchanted parchment, now showing an actual map with glowing green writing enchanted onto it. The writing moves occasionally as the owner changes some plans, but it’s very clear what it shows.
It’s a map of Aughundell. And Gaileach’s study is circled.
“They know you have the orb.”

Details:
When: Saturday, the 15TH of September at 7:00pm CEST/1:00pm EST/10:00am PST
(Timezone not listed? Use this converter.)
Where: The raid begins in Aughundell, but its conclusion is wherever the Gifted push the raid to, similar to last time.
Goal: Defend Gaileach. She cannot move her studies elsewhere without possibly being intercepted. She will hide within the mines, but if the Gifted fail to keep the Aegis back, there will be consequences.
There will be crafting sections in this event so bring your tools!
The outcome will influence future raids.

Other information: The Event channel will be used to give status updates and story. Please join this channel before the event begins to form groups and decide plans of action!