Thread: I'm Invisible?

Default I'm Invisible?

Lately, whenever I've tried logging in to play Istaria, my character(s) are invisible, and I have no way of moving around. I can still access various interface windows, such as my Inventory and Equipment, but I can't actually DO anything. I've already run a full scan and cleared my world cache... I'd rather not have to do a fresh install if I can help it. Has anyone else experienced this, and found a fix for it?

Default Re: I'm Invisible?

Go into the prefs file of your istaria > look at a file called "ClientPrefs_Character" > look at a thing called: string playerCharacterEnt = ""

If the thing in the " " does not match with your characters race then sometimes you get a rare bug where the character model never loads. (Dragona_u is for ancients, Dragonj_u for hatchies, Saris_f for female saris. i believe it matches up with the entity file name? if these are not so then sometimes yoru character will not load)

USUALLY this string automatically changes to the correct race when you start istaria, very very rarely it does not and for whatever reason this bug happens. Generally the chance for this to occur happens when you take another characters ClientPrefs_Character file then copy it into the prefs file of another character.

IF this is what is the bug, then typing the entity name of the character should resolve it.

Note: This is advice given from what resolved a bug i've only ever seen once before. It could easily be something else...

Secondly, do you have Loading Screens off? & Does istaria ever crash if you wait long enough?

The ClientPrefs_Character files look as they ought to, and no, my loading screens are not turned off. I've only had Istaria crash on me once so far, and I don't think it was because I had waited too long. I had only been logged in for about five minutes, and when I went to leave a city it just froze and crashed for no apparent reason. This was before I started having the issue of not being able to see my character(s), though.

You aren't in First Person view are you?

Open the camera window and click "Third Person View/Recenter behind character" maybe?

FYI: Camera window is on the blue orb list. That's what I though as soon as I read your post that you where in first person view.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Nope, I'm definitely not in first person. If I were, I'd at least be able to move around, but I can't even do that.
    Last edited by LaBleuGrue; November 30th, 2016 at 09:20 PM.

It turns out that all I had to do was Recall. Such a strange little bug. I'm still not sure what caused it.

Where you stock in a small hole, maybe just had to jump up to move?
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

It depends which server board I think is which.

That sounds like you logged out on top of a building or something. For some reason, if your recall point or where you were last was on a building, you disappear and can't move.

Thread Information