Thread: Abilities not resetting properly

Hybrid View

Default Abilities not resetting properly

Use an ability and the timer seems to lock. Shield of gold, hero's resolve and several others. since the patch yesterday, this has been happening more than usual. I use the ability and says 5 minutes to recycle, 5 minutes later still says 5 minutes. After a short time, it does start to recycle again, but still starting at the original 5 minutes (or whatever that ability calls for)

Default Re: Abilities not resetting properly

I noticed this lockup at times too.

This has been around for quite a while, i noticed it happens more often during pvp. It sometimes gets to the point where all my abilities are on cooldown and I can use just auto attack.

Were you fighting withered aegis? Wraiths, Blights, and some others use Blighted Atrophy. This is +50% recycle (or something very close to that). Which means if you used Hero's Resolve while you had the debuff on you, the recycle would be 7 and a half minutes. So for 2.5 minutes, it stays fully greyed out. The timer will only count down once the remaining time drops below the abilities' normal recycle time.

If hunting in the Arena, Dragon ability Staggering Howl has a recycle modifier (-50%), and biped ability Dispirit is +50% delay, ice arrows have +10% recycle, Disconcert is +20% delay, Daunting Mist is +10% delay, and I am probably forgetting some.

Was it always like this? I dont remember seeing this problem until like last two months.

Yes. But for awhile recycle modifiers were bugged, and none worked. Blighted Atrophy didn't worsen recycle, and items with recycle reductions didn't work either. I believe they were all fixed last summer sometime. I can't recall how long they were broken, but it could have been a couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Were you fighting withered aegis? Wraiths, Blights, and some others use Blighted Atrophy. This is +50% recycle (or something very close to that). Which means if you used Hero's Resolve while you had the debuff on you, the recycle would be 7 and a half minutes. So for 2.5 minutes, it stays fully greyed out. The timer will only count down once the remaining time drops below the abilities' normal recycle time.

If hunting in the Arena, Dragon ability Staggering Howl has a recycle modifier (-50%), and biped ability Dispirit is +50% delay, ice arrows have +10% recycle, Disconcert is +20% delay, Daunting Mist is +10% delay, and I am probably forgetting some.
    I was in Dralknok's Doom, fighting maggots and the guards there in first hallways/chamber. I did however, notice it mainly happens in Doom. I don't pvp, I don't go to the arena. as for hero's resolve.. everytime I cast it outside the doom, the results are fine. I had no debuff that had any effect on hero's resolve and nothing should ever cause with it's timer to double the start time of it's recycle. also it would have to be much higher defuff than 50% to cause it to wait double it's recycle time to even start.

The timer count down was delayed from the time it was cast, not the time I was hit by any debuff. some things I cast on myself before a fight starts. I run up to the mob and the timer has NOT started it's countdown yet. no debuffs, no attacks, nothing and it was already locked

Please look into this issue, It is only happening in Doom, for me. not just once, but every time I'm down here

Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    I had no debuff that had any effect on hero's resolve...
    Did you have any debuffs at all? Really sounds like you had Blighted Atrophy on you. It's possible for whatever reason you aren't seeing all of your debuffs. Maybe the icon is missing. You might try a full scan.

and nothing should ever cause with it's timer to double the start time of it's recycle.
    It's not double, but it's enough that it takes 2.5 minutes before the timer starts showing the time as being below 5 minutes until it is recycled. For 2.5 minutes it stays 100% grayed out, after that it starts counting down.
    The timer count down was delayed from the time it was cast, not the time I was hit by any debuff.
    That's how that debuff works. If it lands on you after you use the ability, the ability recycle is unaffected.
    some things I cast on myself before a fight starts. I run up to the mob and the timer has NOT started it's countdown yet. no debuffs, no attacks, nothing and it was already locked
    Yeah that sounds like you had the debuff but didn't know it. Since you are in Doom fighting mobs that use Blighted Atrophy, you are in a place where the mobs use that debuff. Could also be some kind of lag that is causing a couple seconds delay before the icon shows up. Do you ever see blighted atrophy at all? Try cleansing yourself before each fight, even if you appear to not have any effects on you.

Mobs that use blighted atrophy that I can think of off the top of my head: Blights, Maggots, Aegis (ghosts, skeletons, wraiths, zombies), Blights in the Rift, Falgut and/or his adds. Probably some more.

I do notice with the guards sometimes the abilities got delayed. I noticed that with the original gold rage that had 15 seconds not recharging properly years back. It also could be the guards casting stuff that delays the timer or could be something else.

It just happened to me with snowball, it took about two minutes before it started to cooldown again. i had no buffs or debuffs on me at that time.

We're looking into a possibility of fixing how the hotkey timer displays.

What you're seeing is a bad visual representation of what's going on behind the scenes.

I'm seeing many cases of this happening in Doom. Likely you're fighting Maggots, which gives this (or similar) debuff very frequently:

In other scenarios, it might not be this debuff, but something that affects Recycle by x%.

Lets take the common Scenario of Primal Cast (5:00 cooldown) and Breath of Flame Burst (1:30 cooldown).

If you cast Primal Cast or BoFB while you have this 60% recycle debuff on.

This means 5:00 becomes (300 seconds + 60% = 480 seconds) 8 minutes.
    Breath of Flame Burst becomes (90 seconds (1:30) + 60% = 144 seconds) 2:44 minutes

Even though the hotkey timer isn't correctly the extra time to hotbar key hovered timer, it's still using correct time behind the scenes.

The Primal Cast's 5:00 will appear to be "stuck". But it's only stuck by the extra 3 minutes. After the 60% (3m) expires, then it resumes count down from the 5:00

The Breath of Flame Burst will appear stuck for 144 seconds, then resume countdown.

Again, we are looking into making the hotkey timer bar to add the recycle delay timer (so players can see what has happened), but it is technically processing the time correctly, just not visually displaying it.

Usually anytime the hotbar key timer appears stuck, it means you casted something while having a debuff applied that affects recycle timer.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; January 22nd, 2018 at 10:40 PM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

No, I wasn't fighting maggots. I was fighting the dwarves though. but I have made sure there were no debuffs. This also happened in torgath valley (sp) when I was helping a friend attune to doom and again at fire opals on saratova. This has nothing to do with debuffs. My primal cast won't always recharge while breath of flame burst is recharging. Atrophy would cause both not to charge, not just primal cast. Breath of flame burst always starts recharging right away, until it's finished, primal cast sits greyed out.

Thread Information