I lately created an alt. I can to my surprise to the conclusion that he couldn't access my plot.

So I was looking in a way around this problem; and found guilds.

created a guild, couldn't change name on it, but that is a side issue. But also couldn't invite my alt to the guild.
No error messages five attempts with single and double name. no invite given. something is bugged here.

So to get an alt excess to you plot the only way is to put him as friend, which can only be done on guild plot level. so in this way you exclude any one else from the plot.

SO to make access a bid more logically and not having to find way's around I propose to change to plot excess to bid more usable, I would like to suggest the following:

on each building you can set
house hold (alts), guild, friends, and all: as Booleans (access/no access).
each set separately and if allowed under one of the groups then allowed access.

So if you set house hold and friends allowed and guild and all disallowed, a friend who is also a guild mate will be allowed access.

and then on plot level set:
If needed you can set also house hold ad plot level. ( for admin purposes)
what are your friends, this will reduce the setting of friends and to use of memory
and a possibility to change to either
a change all for all the four groups
a global setting on all four groups where have to check in the same category if you allowed in both to gain access

Ideally it should be nice to have 2 or 3 groups of friends, but there are things in favour and against that.