Thread: The alliance\peace accord\pact\treaty

Default The alliance\peace accord\pact\treaty

Apparently we gifted are now working together, after fighting amongst ourselves for 1000's of years, The council of tazoon now rules over Istaria.

We know this agreement was made 10 years ago, but what kind of agreement was it?
    A pact? a contract? a treaty? An oath maybe?

I'd like to know so I can tailor my RP more to the world.
    Im a lunus and if I agree to help a biped I would like to RP that I grudginly accept to assist him her.

"Bah! I should kill you were you standgnome, how dare youspeakto a lunus without being spoken to.
    If it wasnt for the Oath of the gifted youd be dinner now..."

See, something like that.

While on the topic of holes in the lore.
    Anyone know when Draak was destroyed?
    I'd like to know because my backstory has some huge holes.
    Feladan 25 years ago,
    Rachival 30 years ago.
    Aughundell siege started 50 years ago, dwarves won in the end.
    Draak is closer to the east continent wich fell first. so more then 50 years ago. 100 years ago?
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Default Re: The alliance\peace accord\pact\treaty

Thats a good point Cobal, I too would like to know more about the pact.

As for Draak...I don't think even the 3 guardians on Draak mention how long ago it was but that will need to be double checked...
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Three dragons make no mention of when they started watching on Draak/how long Draak has been lost, least not in normal conversation.
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

*The stout Dwarfspeaks up*

I don't recollect when Draak fell but it was probably soon after the invasion started seein' as to how them draggys are a buch of wimps! Why, they probably handed Draak to the Lich King on a silver platter! That be the reason ya don't see too many draggy undeads in the WA army. Nope! Them draggys are no more then bullies, always picking on the wee folk like the Gnomes and the Dryads. Ever hear them say they were gonna be eatin' a half giant? Noooo...to big fer them and they might get hurted! Soo...since Draak fell to the WA and Aughundell held I guess that be makin' us Dwarves the better fighters!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

----all fun aside it would be nice to have the Lore and timelines detailed a bit more for roleplay purposes. As it is at present Bori (Order) has it in his storyline that just prior to the Treaty signing (which I may be able to dig up info on) a couple of dragons destroyed his village killing his mother and newborne sister as they lay in the birthing bed. So he distrusts dragons until they prove themselves. However, that was built upon scant knowledge. More of it and I could refine his story a bit more.
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

There is a timeline in the strategy guide.

"Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Amon, the timeline in the strategy guide does not say when Draak fell to the WA. It also doesn't say when the age of lamentations started - it's somewhere between 300 years ago and 30 years ago, that's a big chunk of time.

For those who don't have that mostly worthless.... *cough* er.... book, here's the timeline:

Age of the Gods: Approx 2000+ years ago
    Founding of Jarl
    War of the Gods
    Destruction of Jarl
    Exile of Istaria's dieties from the prime

Age of the Dragon: Approx 1000 years ago
    Founding of Dralk
    Founding of Tazoon

Age of the Warrior-King: Approx 600 years ago
    Ashlander Vandus unifies the humans
    The Great Schism
    Founding of Dalimond

Age of the Sorcerer: Approx 300 years ago
    Rise of Torrin Macalir
    Human CMI War
    Birth of the Fiends; Founding of Kirasanct
    Torrin Macalir's exile; Creation of the WA

Age of Lamentations:
    WA begins the Lament
    Tazoon independence
    Fall of Rachival - 30 years ago
    Fall of Feladan - 25 years ago
    The Ritual of Life Everlasting completed
    Siege of Aughundell
    Battle of Tazoon - 10 years ago

Age of Adventure: Present day
    Peace accords
    Founding of Spirit Isle
    Fiends uncover a Portal of Might

Cobal, the book says a little about the peace accords:
    "This document, signed in Tazoon by the leaders of every Living Race, is essentially a non-aggression treaty between the races. It also officially makes the Vandus March surrounding Tazoon, as well as the city itself, a demilitarized zone for all races. While Tazoon has been for many years a free city outside the scope of any race (including the city's founding humans), this document formalizes Tazoon's independance from any existing race or government."

So there you are, although I don't know if we can consider the lore in the strat guide as official. So much of the info in that book is wrong or out of date. :P
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

*tries to remember what Draak is*

The timeline is pretty accurate, for the most part, I think. Much of the rest of the book is out of date or was never accurate in the first place.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Draak is the blighted isle south of the eastern blighted where all hatchies must go a few times if they wish to become adults.

Its inhabited by undead bipeds and dragons as well as several named creatures
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Since you're looking up dates and such, where in the timeline was Sleeper's Peak destroyed and turned into the Peak of Storms? That's another one that has many different hints at a time, but nothing definite. Was it the cause / another straw of the great schism of Lunus and Helian? Or was it long before that, thousands of years ago as Nyasana hints at (the crazy ghost in the khutit quest). Then again the Historian mentions fiends in his tale, so that places it not very long ago... Which is it? :)
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

imported_peladon

( Breaking with habit, the following is all OOC. Don't get too comfortable... Sephiranoth will speak with his own voice whenever possible! <G>

This issue affects/ impinges on Sehpiranoth's role play history for a number fo reasons. Without going into detail, here is my point of confusion. If it stems from my misunderstanding, then the failing is mine....

1:
    Dragons ( non-Gifted) are very long lived. If this is not so, all falls apart, so ignore the rest. How long? Hundreds of years? Thousands?

2:
    A log life impies a long youngling stage. How long?

3:
    At one time, dragons were born, were youngling, grew wings and became adult as bipeds, through normal biological growth. Transition to Ancient status was always in the domain of Drulkar and his Alltar.

4:
    When the Avatar was lost, youngling drakes stopped turning to adults naturally. According to the ARoP lore, Drulkar had already created the RoP to allow them to turn adult.

5:
    Drulkar had also created the Ancient RoP.

6:
    At the time of the GreatSchism, Drulkar quit in disgust, closed the Altar and also the ARoP. Hence, the Great Schism must have happened some time after the Avatar was lost.

7:
    If the Great Schism was 600 years ago, how long ago was the Avatar lost? The Age of the Dragon was only about 1000 years ago. That would mean that, for long lived dragons, there were only 400 years between the beginning of the Age of Dragons and the loss of the Avatar. That is hardly enough time to work out how long dragons live, unless that life is, perhaps, 200 years. so there would have been only 2 generations born and ageing naturally.

Can this be rationalised?)

Thread Information