I did a fresh install last night; downloaded the installer from the website, installed latest Java, I allowed the redist package to install, and then had the installer do a full fresh install.

I did not install any sort of third-party overrides, mods, etc whatsoever.

Made a new account to test what the game is like, the game scanned all the files and updated itself and rolled a Saris and joined the Cleric school. First battle, I notice that I'm seeing these weird blocks where the floating combat text should be.

I disabled the floating combat text altogether and that "fixed" the problem by getting rid of it altogether.

Here are my specs:

CPU: Ryzen5 1500X
GPU: GeForce 1050Ti (just a small note: the game thinks my GPU card only has 1MB of RAM in some places and in others it claims it has 256MB... it's a 4GB card lol)
Resolution: Windowed+Maximized (native desktop is 1360x768)

I just put this computer together two weeks ago so I'm pretty sure the drivers are all up-to-date, and it was also a fresh OS install too. I'll try to get a screenshot of what I mean in a bit.

EDIT: Also the starting armor looked a little... odd. Not sure if intended. I'll make sure to include that in the screenshot when I get it.