Thread: Texture Problems

Necontyr

Default Texture Problems

Hi can some one help me plz

textures will not show onall chars except Dragons and Sslickandmost machines will not show either, they are all white.

plz help

Most likely in a crafting field somewhere

Default Re: Texture Problems

I would have no clue as to why this is happening, have you put in a ticket?

I know not much help, but alot of people post without sending in a ticket, Although alot of people say that it takes forever blah blah blah, butputting in a ticket will help you out and the sooner you get it in teh sooner it will be responded to = )

Proud and loyal members of Battalion
    Xarii Ani - Dryad - Chaos shard
    Quazi Ani - Dragon - Chaos shard

Actually Amon says himself he looks inside here every day. ;)

Horizons Empire

Yes but if you notice, when he responds to a question like this, his first or near first question is: Have you put in aticket?

I am only asuming but a reason i can see for this is that it means he would/should straight away haeva detailed description of the issue at hand, if the ticket has already been filed he'd just need the case number to check it out.

Also just because they look in the forums everyday, or read every post does not mean they have time to respond to every post, im sure the support tickets take priority.

Necontyr

Just so you know I have placed a ticket up but there has been no response to it.

Have you cleared your world cache, checked your drivers?

i think the white texture is an issue with old drivers for nvidia and ati if i recall

Also have you turned your effects off lately? I have noticed that whenw e do so, we encounter strange problems as you are, nto sure why it happens but it happens when we turn effects off, if you have turned them offf try turning them back on.

:o Every now and again I get missing terrain and actors... I can still target mobs and fight, but cant see them. I think for me at least this has something to do with recalling to gating under the ground somehow... Usually I get this fixed by recalling or logging off and logging back in.
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

Necontyr

I've tried re-installing; I've tried the texture stuff in game; and it cant be my pc cause some1 else i know has same pc and it works perfectly.I am going to download the file and if it still dont work Ill e-mail the community again with my problem.

:o what system specs are we working with?

Alot of times people might have intigrated video cards, and that spells problems for horizons...
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

We have seen this issue many times, and it always points back to the same thing: An Intel Integrated Video Adapter. I've heard its possible to fiddle with these adapters and get them to work, although, I've never been able to get them working, nor is itsomething that we here are able to support, mainly because the Adapter itself is just not really capable of supporting many of the functions the game requires. The only decent suggestion we can make (and I know no one likes hearing this) is to consider upgrade to a new Graphics Card.

Rawdge-AE

"I will take my brush from the warpaint,
    My foot from the warpath
    When you understand
    It is sadness that drives the wrath..."
    Buffalo
    Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers

:o I am finding more and more as time goes on, and the more advanced games become with their visuals and the programming embedded into the visuals, that intigrated video solutions are falling far short on the ability to cope with them.

The big problem I see most is the notion of an integrated video solution using system memory for video memory... That is a serious no-no in main terms of memory mapping... Applications have to allocate memory to load functions and paramiters, and when the memory for the system is being soft-split, then applications have trouble determining where the system memory stops and the video memory begins...

Maybe someone (like MS or some intigrated video solution provider) could develop some advanced API to throw into peoples drivers or apps to properly handle the situation...

Or OEM's could bite the bullet and stop using intigrated video solutions... Albeit cheap, its not a great way to deal with the greater demand applications are calling for these days...

Also someone could devlop an intigrated solution that has seperate video memory embedded into the MoBo for the video only... Daughterboard or something, ya know...
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas

/setprefs effectson true

When you set it to false, it turns off the loading of alot of objects in game such as dragon caves, structures and such.

Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

Thread Information