Quote Originally Posted by Dragonredux View Post
Good guide, only real complaint is that you are under valuing the important of armor. The more you have the less the big attacks hurt you (although Fafnir ignores it since Scorch is direct damage). More armor the bigger your EHP and yes i know helians have more hp than armor in terms of scales but you should have high amount of both as tank.

Also i rank Falgut way lower his adds are literally not a problem. And i HIGHLY don't recommended to try to tank through combust on Surtheim that attack will rip you apart no matter how well geared you are. It needs to be off ASAP.

Also i hope this game gets a reliable taunt soon because Menacing isn't reliable and Protective still don't work til this day.
While I admit I did not know armor also works on regular spells, the reduction it provides isn't very good. It is about 14 damage reduced per 100 armor as per my short tests (and perhaps it is also affected by diminishing returns at some point, may have to test that eventually), and since crafting techniques only provide +25 it is mere 3-4 damage reduced per hit per tech unless I am missing something. And only against enemies that do not have ethereal damage. Since most heavy hitters like elial and valk use ethereal it makes it not very desirable unless you are out of other things to apply to scales and can afford multiple sets to swap to on enemies where ethereal is more useful. It might be useful for AoE farming as example since you will be taking a lot of small hits but overall health is far more universal and better.

Difficulty ranking is approximate, but elial is soloable while falgut isn't exactly due to debuff hence it makes him automatically harder. Fight is also much longer and has mechanics, while elial is all about soaking up his damage and his health is very small, making fight super quick with groups.

Surt combust can be tanked through by spellcaster dragons with enough self healing. You do not even need additional healer.

Manacing is reliable enough for me, only problem is that it has 10s downtime between uses and since AoE is relatively small you can sometimes miss adds with it.