Thread: Leveling Tips?

Kynac

Default Leveling Tips?

I just started playing again on a 7-day trial after taking off the last 9 months or so. What is the fastest way to level a miner? Anyone have a link to a leveling guide or want to post one?

Default Re: Leveling Tips?

I am a relative old timer to the game. Started in early Jan of 2004. I still havent figured out the best way to lvl miners. I am only a lvl 64 weaponsmith and a 30 lvl miner.

Oaken
    100 Knoc
    100 Cleric
    82 Mage
    and too many others...

PS...I would love some tips on how to effectively lvl my miner also...[:P]

MY suggestion is to level some OTHER class, Perhaps jeweler since they get quarry/gemworking AND smelting/mining. Then Get to Tier II, then go back and bring miner up to Tier I on gems. Get to max efficiency on Tier III, then bring Miner up to Tier II, etc. By around Tier III the Miner's mining/quarry takes over and by T IV The miner's processing skill takes over. This way you are never 'restricted' by not having the appropriate tier gathering.

Doing it on just miner is slow. You would have to work REALLY hard just to get to max efficiency on each tier. Gems are most efficienct since they are lighter in their raw and processed form, less to delete or you can sell them for some change. If you want to do it traditionally, make bars, lots of bars, and take your time. Sell them on connies.

Alternately you can level some class till you are 2:1 at mithral and use that to level your miner 30-50K a trip ;)

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Well, i'm doing it as HratLi supposed. :)

Started miner from a base of 100 Jeweler and really rushing up the ladder!

But a general thing is: Level miner on gems!

They have lowest bulk of all minable resources, nearly everywhere is a machine close to the fields (for t5 the "Island of Ice" with golems standing even in the gemhut, running to you like sheep to the slaughterhouse).

I did 100 miner with no other crafts.

Gems are by far the best way to do it and its a heap easier now than it used to be.

T4 you have gems very very close to the machine and T5 nothing beats the lava tube. If you are selling your cut gems then the lavatube isn't so great but if you cut and delete it is wonderful.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Gems are the only way to go. No matter which way you go, the grind from 60-100 is boring!!!! The lava tube is great.

Here's a secret: Enlist the help of a dragon. Sell the dragon your cut gems for 24c each. They go to the PBsell the same gems there for 48c each and fly back tothe lava tubein no time. They are happy because they made some cash for flying, which dragons like to do, and you are happy because you are getting xp's and some cash for your efforts. Your alternative is to delete the gems, which I personaly hate doing.

have fun, BTW Dobro is a 100/100 dragon and Thundar is a miner. You can find either one in the tube digging.

Thread Information