I have some performance issues, the dragon starting zone still ran fine, usually 60+ fps, but the first zone after that already tanked my performance to sub 60, by that i mean, it barely manages 30+ and if i look towards other players that goes down to as much as sub 20(that doesn't include places where there is nothing or the sky or the ground directly, those give me 80+ fps lol). I'm only using the in-game options to max out the graphics settings(no enb, no reshade, no extra software), so having such abysmal performance isn't a good thing, it is barely playable like this. Any advice on how to increase it? tried disabling and lowering the options one by one, the only 2 that seemed to help were the decorative npcs one and the display remote pets one, which gave me a whopping 5 extra fps, which doesn't exactly help. The only other thing that helped was the view distance.... when set to minimum, which means i can see a total of 5 meters in front of me.

My system:
CPU: I7 9700
RAM: DDR4 54gb
Videocard: GTX1080
All drivers up to date.

The game shouldn't run this badly on my system, i understand it being an old game and running on an old engine, but this is just unplayable. Am i missing something, Some setting? Or should i just give up on this game?