Thread: Sorry, game can't be started .....

xenia

Default Sorry, game can't be started .....

When I attempt to connect I get the following message:

Sorry, the game could not be started since the necessary files could not be downloaded.

The reason:

Couldn't download no_update_list.auc

Pleast try this again and contact support by logging into support.istaria.com if you continue to have problems.

Well,I submitted a ticket about the problems I have with construction -- crash to desktop, and a wavy brown screen instead of a planning window on 10/12 and on 10/13 there is message that there is a backlog of cases and they are working on it. I hope connectivity issues are the first ones being worked on.

Jaqal

Default Re: Sorry, game can't be started .....

I'm having the same issue now after Crashing To Desktop.....

Shya Dawn

I am having the very same problem with login. My plot goes up for auctionwithin the next 30 minutes and I doubt very much any login issues will even be addressed, nevermind resolved in this timeframe. [:(]

These types of problems cropping up during critical, player anxious times, certainly puts a damper on player retention and game longevity /sigh.

I have forwarded this to the World Admins to look into. This happened a couple weeks ago and it turned out to be a missing file on one of our patching servers. Thanks for your patience!

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Shya Dawn

This issue was very quickly fixed and I did make my old plot auction in time!! Thank you whoever jumped on top of this so rapidly!I am impressed! [:D]

Now then, what about the plot sign/structurecrashes? I have been trying to placecoin on some building materials for a level 5 guildhouse and can never complete the transaction before locking up and/or crashing to desktop. I know this is not just me..many others are having similar problems including crashing repeatedly while attempting to contrihbute building materials to structuresl.

xenia

yes, thanks to whoever fixed this, just after I posted a message to my guild, I tried one more time and logged in [:)]

momadee

well I am now getting that same message and cannot get in again grrrrrr

imported_Waun

This bug is occurring to me after an unistall/reinstall. I tried using disks to install and then the download of the 7 day test install.

A support ticket was submitted today.

Does anybody know of a workaround to this problem?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Waun
    This bug is occurring to me after an unistall/reinstall. I tried using disks to install and then the download of the 7 day test install.
    A support ticket was submitted today.
    Does anybody know of a workaround to this problem?
    Thank you
    The problem happened to me today. This seem to be an issue with the basic files needed for the patcher being renamed (.auc are usually downloaded files, not original files).

Hopefully, I was able to go around that problem since I needed to test my own patcher.
    Worked flawlessly.
    Now, I only need to polish a few things before releasing it.

Dragoniade
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

imported_Waun

I recieved a reply from support insicating that the missing file was added to the patching server. I was able to patch after my reinstall.

Anyone having this problem should try again.

Thread Information