Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funniest moment in HZ?

Most likely in a crafting field somewhere

Default Funniest moment in HZ?

What is the funniest thing you have seen/had happen to you in game?

Whether it be what someone has said/done, a graphics glitch, pure funny moment, person, anything..

Proud and loyal members of Battalion
    Xarii Ani - Dryad - Chaos shard
    Quazi Ani - Dragon - Chaos shard

Default Re: Funniest moment in HZ?

Off the top of my head, it has to be Ssyridian the Giant Snarling Chicken.

Soon after merge I was sitting and chatting with a couple of people. In the General chat (or Market, whatever, was a public channel), it was revealed that Ssyridian was on line, and no longer a Sslik, he was an oversized chicken. One of my companions started suggesting poultry recipes in the public channel.

Next thing we know, a giant chicken has appeared next to us. The message appears that "Ssrydian snarls." And the chicken ports away again.

There was also the whole storyline kicked off by Draex where my character pursued the heck out of him and he scorned her a whole lot. It started at granite/gold/steel golems, where we met by chance. All I did was smile hello and suddenly he was shouting "Stay back, vile demon woman!" and brandishing a dagger I happened to have made for him. I about fell out of my chair I was laughing so hard.

And there have been inumerable moments with my guild, what with Serat's pies, Oeli's tonics, and Gilresk's endlessly innocent bafflement at the ways of mammals. Etc -- many guildies, all highly amusing.

Finally, I still laugh over Dal and Hal's anti-Vielo plan with corny diagram and stick figures. That ruled. Also in forums -- the dryness face thread.

More will come to me as I go to bed, I know it. Thank you for making me remember all the moments of laughter I've had from HZ.

-Levity Merrel, Crai Aisling, Sans AoP by Aiya's pad
    90 Blacksmith/63 Fitter/45 Mason/40 Carpenter/72 Reaver

i think the funniest moment i've seen was when a friend of mine went ontop of the smelting stack and went khitit falling into the chimney and getting stuck.. ironically enough they went dragon form and got SHOT out of the chimeny and ended up somewhere in sslanis hehe[:P]

One I remember was a dragon mate in Khutit form.

At the Aug vault, his walls weren't loading.. Then when they did, he was standing too close to the vault keeper and ending up being caged in - animal cruelty *grins*. Didn't get a chance to take a screeny though, he recalled the second we started making fun of him, heh.

One other thing, not really funny, but it was cool at the time.

That's Joolara's 3-in-1 Smithing Hammer/Brew Stirrer/Jewelry Pliers. Not sure if she's ready to go public with them yet though >.< .
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Would have to be right after the merge, after a rather extended set of hunting on Fire Island (North of ML) yet another deathpoint happened (#12 if I remember correctly), and Carinde recalled an ran back out to sup res me, so I could do the same to the other group member, ten minutes of running later she arrives, fights off a couple beetles in the area, resurrects me, and a lone beetle flies over from some 20m away, hits me once, and flies away leaving my group mate standing next to me.

Ahh the days when Supirior ressurect gave you 1 hp.

-Walter

Another one.. Somebody in mp chan joked:

If you tech one wing with Velocity, will you fly around in circles?

hehehe
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Ingredients:

1 Healer,
    1 helmet, dyed white,
    1 helmet, dyed blue,
    1 looping hotkey set to equip alternate helmets every second.

Funny, Seeing 10 adventures fighting the AOP in special pants
    Fun, Running backwards around the wolf circle in first person mode, in special pants doing a task....******** we got off course

Both premerge
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

ROFL good one Korial
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Pre merger
    Saw a darkstalker and beer golem seeming joined walking around north harro. Figures new cross breed.

AAnd hopefully the dont mate again.
    100 Bezerker 100 Healer 100 Druid 100 reaver 40 ChaosWarrior 100 mage 100 spiritist 100 Weaponsmith 100 blacksmith 55 fitter and various others

I knew more would come to me, this game has been a laugh riot thanks to all the wonderful folks I've met:

Pre-merge I was helping build Walter's Large Human House. We were about to hit the halfway point, when the half-built structure appears. So we (Walter, Oeli, me, maybe others) stood close by as the units were applied.

Next thing I knew, I was trapped inside. No matter which way I ran, I could not get out of Walter's house. A relog didn't help. The others promised to feed me ... and eventually I had that "d'oh!" moment and realized a recall would save me.

It was a running gag for a while about Walter keeping Levity chained up in his basement ;).

-Levity Merrel

the April Fool's cow...i forgot the name...i think Amadan was the cow invading Aug, and Gale came to rescue us from gathering DPs, but then he died an we had to rez him [:|]. whata gimp.

50 of us stomping one of the Satyr machines to find some strange happening: we all lost conn at the same time, we all logged back in dead. nothing like seeing tens of dead bodies in one place. ok that wasn't funny...

seeing a herd of hatchings following Kodock the paladin around the Marrow spot...there was a need to get dragons to level 15 so they can cure the disease. oh how i miss them Marrows...

Hal & Dal revenge on the Vielo remains the funniest moment in HZ for me.

VERY Early in my life in Istaria, I was standing around Ssalanis gathering sap, kept seeing all these wisps, and chickens and cows floating around... so I tried to harvest those with a sap sucker.

Hahaha... and the REAL tool to use was just as improbable. I started BEATING the cow with my bucket... :O So I turned to the chicken .... sure enough I was beating DOZENS of eggs out of the poor little chicken hehehe....

The Dim wisp was not so amused and promptly scuttled away.

My constant laughing and inability to type caused quite a stir such that most of my guild came down to see what was going on... I actually had a crowd watching me beat cows, chickens and wisps with my bucket, and trying to 'drain' wisps with my sap sucker.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Scotland/Unity/Where the shadows are thickest...

Oh my, it has been just so long since I've experienced any great degree of humour within Istaria unfortunately. I had countless 'laughing myself silly' experiences of my own but I just cannot seem to recall them at present.

Quote Originally Posted by gusi

One I remember was a dragon mate in Khutit form.

At the Aug vault, his walls weren't loading.. Then when they did, he was standing too close to the vault keeper and ending up being caged in - animal cruelty *grins*. Didn't get a chance to take a screeny though, he recalled the second we started making fun of him, heh.
    This one had me recalling a rather idiotic incident that happened to occur very recently and was very similar - unfortunately I was on the receiving end.

Okey-doke, I was in Chiconis and was planning to make a few revisits to that particular place and so decided to go get myself bound at the shrine. It was only a week ago that I was remedied of the whole 'walls and such not loading' and before that I was stricken with the problem.

I proceeded towards the shrine to see that it hadn't loaded - only the shadow of the 'invisible' object existed. I stood beside the shadow for a while but soon got far too impatient - that would soon be too dangerous for my health - and decided that maybe if I stood nearer it would finally load. I approached it and still nothing happened and so I wandered to the middle of the shadow.

That was when shock ravaged me. As if I had just triggered a bear-trap the shrine 'landed' right on top of me. Doesn't sound too bad though does it? Well if you've visited Chiconis frequently then you'll know that its riddled with clusters of blue crystal. I didn't think much of it at first until after I right-clicked and bound myself to the shrine.

I simply figured I could walk right through it but no, I moved a few paces but I noted I wasn't actually going anywhere. I started to jump about the tapered gems which only resulted in me slipping back down to the middle again. I got flushed, I was worried, I was stuck!

I thought maybe if I relogged I would get out, nope... that yielded me nothing I was still encased in crystal - I was hoping that perhaps the shrine would be 'unloaded' for a split second upon my return which would be enough time for me to slip out safely.

Then recalling came to mind, but did it work? Nope, I was still in exactly the same spot whenI reloaded! I started jumping about furiously as that was my only option or so it seemed. After I ran out of pep I even considered to open a support case about it! But then I tried leaping about like a springbuck with a predator in hot pursuit of its trail and finally I freed myself and so returned to what I was supposed to be doing - the process took something more than twenty minutes.

But I forgot one very important thing to do afterwards; and that was the bind myself elsewhere. So what did I have myself do again? Well, I recalled again and... got stuck again. XD

I was far to flustered at the time to take screenshots of my futile attempts to break out of my crystalline prison. My fellow guildies of course found the whole 'great escape' thing hilarious as I updated them in the guild chat. Funnily enough, I don't think anyone saw me in person at the time I was stuck in the shrine - good thing I wasn't, I would've felt even more of a plonker if I hadround myselfup a gang ofonlookers.

(Stupid forum thinks every second word is a smiley. ;-.-)

I can'nae think of anything witty to type right now... give me a while more.
    (I don't don't have Photoshop like you might do.)

Most likely in a crafting field somewhere

I have once managed to get into the Taz and Augvault (behind the bars), that was fairly amusing.

Proud and loyal members of Battalion
    Xarii Ani - Dryad - Chaos shard
    Quazi Ani - Dragon - Chaos shard

Oeli

Twas bad enough that poor Levity got *chained* inside the House, but that was the time when the Avatar of Pain and his motley crew would roam from Harro to Morning Light. The irony was that Levity had her first home there and the Avatar would come a-visiting her all the time. Hmm perhaps it was a plot between Walter and the Avatar. <wiggles her eyebrows>

I'd have to say it was hearing the male Gnome warcry
    for the first time, while my group was battling the
    Crimson Scourge. Sort of a cross between an old man
    sneezing and Popeye having an orgasm...

=^.^=
    Got Cowbell?

We had just finished off a dual set of blight anchors, they were side by side and it was an intense battle with all sorts of mobs adding many group members died.
    The last anchor falls and we were waiting for the after spawn of spectres to come, after a minute a tamed apple oastic spawned instead and we all just lost it, I think.

Serat

The time I made Kion dress wear for a male half giant in beta. We were in Sslanis and it looked so staggeringly inappropriate that I made some for my male dwarf. We then stood next to each other on the steps to the main hall and emoted humming sounds and occasionally he would pat me on my head and say, "We'll dance later Katiaus". We drew quite a few stares and comments of disgust. Then we had to stop because somebody was too disturbed to let it go and keptlecturing us that perversion in a game is still perversion. That was kinda funny too, except he was serious and I guess thats not funny, it's scary.

Another amusing moment was at one of our tavern nights at The Stumbling Gnome in Selen (pre-merge), when Morreion was getting sexually harassed by some girl who wanted to join our guild, I guess because she thought roleplaying meant cybering. He was so taken aback...heh..so funny, especially because he had portrayed his character as being somewhat a playboy paladin type, but that girl shut him down quick. Not getting any satisfaction from Morreion, she did chase one of our younger members around Istaria for a few days.

My funny moment in Hz is sleeping on top of the shrine in Dralk...[8-)]
    It looks as if I have a stake through the heart... [:|]
    Kinda interesting to watch... [H]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Thread Information