Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bugs/Problems that I've noticed from patch so far

Default Bugs/Problems that I've noticed from patch so far

I logged in for maybe an hour so far and have come across some issues with the new patch. The first thing that I noticed is the new map. This map has been modifed with new colors that show elevation but as soon as you open it, lag increases drastically. My fps droppedby12-15fps.Before I could move and have the map open now I can't even move.

I also noticed that the map does not include the northern continent, when are we going to get this?

Another big disappointment is that the plots in Defender's Gate (Augh)are bugged with the red barrier curse. They just fixed it 2 weeks ago and it seems that the new patch messed something up with the permissions again. One of these plots are mine.. So I hope they can fix it fast... [*-)]

I noticed that the form book now lists techniques up to tier6, however the formulas are still limited to expert and does not have an option to select higher tier formulas.

I started this thread for others that have come across problems as well.. If you noticed something please list it here so AE can see it asap.

Thanks
    Frons Von Frik - Order

Default Re: Bugs/Problems that I've noticed from patch so far

Quote Originally Posted by Frons Von Frik

The first thing that I noticed is the new map. This map has been modifed with new colors that show elevation but as soon as you open it, lag increases drastically. My fps droppedby12-15fps.Before I could move and have the map open now I can't even move.
    Install a map pack ASAP. The .png files in the default AE map are now 985x985, but the game resizes them to 512x512. One would hope the game only resizes them once...

Looting will result in multiple stacks of the same resource type. Eg i just killed flametus and got a stack of 7 yew sap, a stack of 5 and a stack of 3.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Some blood skulks are running around naked, or partial-naked.

Although this was happening since the regular maint. on Tuesday.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Gross! And around my shining Wisps too! [:|] At least I THINK it's Shining Essence...

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Healer trainer is bugged, link not working so I can't change back [:(]

Same here with healer, I wanted to go hunting, and I cannot change to healer school. It comes up with some message about healing folks, but does not give me the option to change to healer school, hope this can be fixed soon.

[:'(]

**scratch that , was just told he didnt go live **

In create item window, the message ~ "getting formula details" appears, but the formula details never did. (I waited about 30 seconds, twice.)

Saris Sprint did not "take" the first time I used it, did the second.

I hunted storm ogres, battle lag was fine.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

I am really curious how much lag is created by the spam-a-thon in mahagra?

Not knockin the event at all, but no doubt it adds to database lag in some way or another.
    Sajid,
    Lone Lizard of the Apocalypse

Champions of Honor

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches
    Same here with healer, I wanted to go hunting, and I cannot change to healer school. It comes up with some message about healing folks, but does not give me the option to change to healer school, hope this can be fixed soon.
    I wonder why it hasn't been fixed yet. should be pretty easy to do, and I think they can hotfix that [:@]

When I went to move a stack of two fangs into a pouch that already contained some of those fangs, only one fang was moved. I then moved the second one over.

This was very minor, but I had to race off before I could test it with larger stacks and other items.

Crafter 190 Adventurer 149 Dryad - Order

The mobs seem to be pursuing you much more then what they should. i.e. They won't give up chasing you until you've ran a coupla hundred metres.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Quote Originally Posted by Korial
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Frons Von Frik wrote:

The first thing that I noticed is the new map. This map has been modifed with new colors that show elevation but as soon as you open it, lag increases drastically. My fps droppedby12-15fps.Before I could move and have the map open now I can't even move.

Install a map pack ASAP. The .png files in the default AE map are now 985x985, but the game resizes them to 512x512. One would hope the game only resizes them once...
    I agree. AE's map looks nice, but runs awful. I opened it and expanded it a bit and had to wait as my fps dropped to less than 1 fps (on a 3.2 ghz system with 1 gb ram). Until AE gets their act together and reformats the map tiles into 8 bit jpegs, steer clear of the official map. Pekka's mappack is a MUST to get playable map performance.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

I actually have worst performance with the map pack, takestoo longto load, so I moved back to the regular maps.

gopher65

As bad as this new map is performance wise the map pack is FAR worse for me. It makes the game completely unplayable +8 FPS drop, andlong pauses whenever I move out of a city (and the istaria map loads).

Another map hint that may or may not help: turn off the road layer. All that transparency can really choke Hz down.

It's why I use Tree's old v1.2 map pack. The roads are visible on the main textured map with the road layer disabled, and it far outperforms the old AE map for that reason.

I've noticed really strange mob spawning behavior too. I was out in WD last night and mobs would be spawning running in random directions away from each other. So saya group of 3 spawned they would spawn running apart from each other and end up running back and forth for a while before they sorted out that they werre supposed to be grouped. It's actually quite funny to watch and it's begging a 3 stooges soundtrack to it.

Ran around in hopes that I would find some of the new dialogs in Kion, Spoke with everyone, the found that the Warrior trainer is bugged. His link is broken.

Nothing else new though :\

As usual the Kion Militia and Hasera find me too low level to help with anything crafting or adventuring. ROFL.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

A friend noticed the scholar in NB is bugged, won't accept finished quests.

And several people I know are having constant crashes to desktop problems over the past 3 days, up to 5x a day we all get booted off.

Thread Information