Thread: Adventurer template

Default Adventurer template

I was thinking what classes you can multi a bit to get a general strong character.
    This is especially for starting characters.

After looking on boards and getting nice feedback, thanksKushan Sogd :),i came up with these 2 profiles:

The levels behind the abilities is the level at which it carries over.

Melee/Scout characters:

cleric to lvl 25 for:
    - magic crush, ranged melee attack (doesnot work with bow) (lvl 12)
    - dispirit foe, +50% to mobs delay (swings 33% slower) (lvl 18)
    - tier II gifts and raises (can take cleric to lvl 28 for tier II enhances if you can cast those) (lvl 23 for gifts, 25 for raises, 28 for enhances)
    - 2 healing spells, imp. revitalize I and revitalize II, and instant heal (rev. II at lvl 20, insta II at 24)

druid to16 for:
    - natures fury, 112%damage for you and near group members (melee and ranged)(lvl 14)
    - petrify, stun mob with weapon attack (doesnot work with bow) (lvl 16)
    - growth, heal over time (lvl 6)

mage to lvl 14 for:
    - melee ward, +11 crush, pierce and slash ward (lvl 14)
    - elemental attacks (lvl 8to getall)
    - elemental wards/resistances (lvl 9to getall)

monk to lvl 10 for:
    -dodge, mobs cant hit if you dodge (lvl 2)
    -foresight, next special attack against you misses (lvl 10)

warrior to lvl 2 for:
    -parry, use weapon to avoid being hit (lvl 2)
    -block, use shield where its ment for (avoiding hits) (lvl 2)

optional spiritist to lvl 20
    - stinger, almost always hit dot. Optional because if your damage output from one normal hit is higher than the total damage of the stinger, than you will be less efficient if you use the stinger (lvl 20)

at lvl 30 with your main class this wil result in a +4 rating , this is without the optional spiritist levels and without any other classes (classes needed to get to prestige or something)

Caster characters:

cleric to lvl 25 for:
    - dispirit foe, +50% to mobs delay (swings 33% slower) (lvl 18)
    - tier II gifts and raises (can take cleric to lvl 28 for tier II enhances if you can cast those) (lvl 23 for gifts, 25 for raises, 28 for enhances)
    - 2 healing spells, imp. revitalize I and revitalize II, and instant heal (rev. II at lvl 20, insta II at 24)

druid to14 for:
    - natures fury, 112%damage for you and near group members (melee and ranged damage only, no spell damage) (lvl 14)
    - growth, heal over time (lvl 6)

mage to lvl 36 for casters:

- melee ward, +11 crush, pierce and slash ward (lvl 14)
    - tier II elemental attacks (lvl30to getall)
    - tier II elemental wards/resistances (lvl32to getall)
    - perfect spell, next spells always hit for short duration (great with gnome prowess) (lvl 18)
    - multicast, casts next spell 3x (lvl 36)

monk to lvl 10 for:
    -dodge, mobs cant hit if you dodge (lvl 2)
    -foresight, next special attack against you misses (lvl 10)

warrior to lvl 2 for:
    -parry, use weapon to avoid being hit (lvl 2)
    -block, use shield where its ment for (avoiding hits) (lvl 2)

optional spiritist to lvl 20
    - stinger, almost always hit dot. Optional because if your damage output from one normal hit is higher than the total damage of the stinger, than you will be less efficient if you use the stinger, as caster maybe not smart because a dot will break roots (lvl 20)

at lvl 30 with your main class this will result in a +8 rating, but if you wait with mage it will be +3. This is without the optional spiritist levels and without any other classes (classes needed to get to prestige or something)

Maybe this template has some overlap with your main class, you can check the skills/abilities you get at community.istaria.com and go to schools, select adv. schools, click view school and see what skills/abilities you get (here: http://community.istaria.com/index.aspx?pg=schools&cntr=1). And if there is overlap, you maybe can save some rating.
    I used the calculator thats here: http://63.194.248.54/HZ/HZ_Rating_Calc.xls

any additions or flaws in here?

Default Re: Adventurer template

Magic Crush and Petrify does not work with bow :)

Nature's Fury helps both melee and ranged - not spells though.

For hybrids - rangers fx, mage to 36 is almost a prereq due to perf spell and MC1 - the AoE-spells from the nature line works miracles with those two abils.

It's hard to do real templates in this game though, since multiclassing is so open..

My own char is planning to go for 100 ranger, 100 healer, 100 zerker. After that, who knows, spiritist, conj perhaps :p
    Celenor Sarafien - Unity - Proud member of Shinzawai.
    93 ranger/47 healer/37 tailor/36 mage/21 weaver/15 fletcher

first post edited

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderZtorm
    Magic Crush and Petrify does not work with bow [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]
    It's hard to do real templates in this game though, since multiclassing is so open..
    very true, i made this template to give a solid base for your first class, which makes you a bit likea swiss army knive :), there are loads of other options that will enhance your main class, but they are mostly rating consuming (for a beginning character)

or 100 everything [:P]
    Frons Von Frik - Order

Quote Originally Posted by Sibbe
    I was thinking what classes you can multi a bit to get a general strong character.
    This is especially for starting characters.

any additions or flaws in here?
    Anything + Cleric/Healer/Druid

Melee vs. Casting is the real question. Melee is better at low levels and casting grows exponetially more powerful (area of effect).

Lastly, is this toon going to be built or power leveled. I know rating 80 folks that hunt better than many rating 140 folks.

What impresses me is folks with 118 rating soloing Satyr heards of 20+. That is finesse.
    Sajid,
    Lone Lizard of the Apocalypse

Champions of Honor

Thread Information