Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Formula Book Limitation

Default Re: Formula Book Limitation

Im sure it's not so hard to program what you are suggesting, because when you double-click on a formula, it gives a call on the DB and open a window with the item being able to create with the ID of the formula, so instead of having a list of 3 or 4 item link within expert formula, you simply had to put more ID inside the expert formula, so it will bring 10 or 20 Item to create in the little window, not so hard, wont be even slower! Its all about them to want to implement this, a little bit of work but not alot im quite sure!
    KalidoRs KaZaN
    Adv 100/crafter 100/Lairshaper 100 Ancient Dragon
    Chaos Shard

Sen of Order

No. Not hard at all. They would ONLY have to restructure the entire database as well as how it's accessed and control...from scratch. /sarcasmoff

Hey, don't get me wrong, I think this is a very good idea as well (getting rid of limitations), however, on the otherhand, it's no where NEAR as easy as you seem to think. Not impossible, but it's more than a flick of the wrist which you seem to be implying.

I dunno about restructuring anything... In my suggestion all they would need to do, I believe, is code in the combining element through the knowledge window and create new formulae for each possible combined possibility. Of course they could cut down on combine possibilities by simply putting in limitations on what can be combined with what... A Beginner can only be combined with a JM, a JM can only be combined with a Beginner and an Expert, an Expert can only be combined with a Beg/JM and a Master, a Master can only be combined with a Beg/JM/Expert. This would cut down on combinations and only allow for one set path of combinations. IOW, in order to combine the next set up you must have already combined any lower sets. So they would only need to make formulae for combined Beg/JM, Beg/JM/Expert, and Beg/JM/Expert/Master and not make sets for funky combines like Beg/Master and such. Hell, give me the tools and I'll do that part for them!

I don't think moving item recipes from one formulae to another can be all that hard either given up to the end of beta food forms were grouped only by food type and not meat + food type (which made for far less formulae taking up your knowledge book) and at release that was all changed to meat + food type.

So I do know one end of the spectrum of my suggestion, the additional formulae to cover the combining, is fairly simple. I don't know however how easy/hard it would be to code in and impliment code to perform the actual combining.

Personally what ever happens..i wanna take my crafts all the way to master at some point..i do mostly all crafts but im just there to help my friends out I make no profit from all my crafst neva have or will....but any idea of combining is good or even just removing it completely

Thread Information