Thread: My idea

Default My idea

Hmm the casting stance has ALWAYS bugged me. I stink at photo shop so I'll describe it the best I can. When a dragon startscasting primebolthe/she would stand on her back legs andconserved primal would build up and fire out of the mouth would be hard but I think AE could do it.Also when casting buffs we stand on our hindlegs and a bolt of lightning fires down on us from our elders giving us strength.I know its the least of AE worries but I love to dream. Comments?
    Leave a penney take a penney..need more than a penney? Get a job :|

Default Re: My idea

The worst part is that apparently in beta, the casting stance looked much better. The dragon would rear up, put its front claws in front of itself and shape magic with them. Then only when the casting was complete would the dragon rear back its arm to do the throwing animation.

Instead, for the live version, AE ditched the good casting animation and went with the present lousy one.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Telpeloci

Wow, that animation sounds much better. If we had that instead, maybe people who are watching me play wouldn't ask me why I wave so much...heheh. Wonder if there's any way we could get that animation back?

Last I heard (months ago, admitedly), the old animation - claws in front to gather - was still part of the game, just not used. Some tweaking of files allowed it to be tied back to casting. The only problem was that it was a bit too long, so didn't synchronise with casting as well as the current one. Also, only you would see it unless everyone made the same tweak, same as the emotion pack.

The tweaking necessary was listed on the Tazoon forums. Maybe someone's still got a copy...

Antonath
    Antonath

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath
    Last I heard (months ago, admitedly), the old animation - claws in front to gather - was still part of the game, just not used. Some tweaking of files allowed it to be tied back to casting. The only problem was that it was a bit too long, so didn't synchronise with casting as well as the current one. Also, only you would see it unless everyone made the same tweak, same as the emotion pack.

The tweaking necessary was listed on the Tazoon forums. Maybe someone's still got a copy...

Antonath
    I tried that. All you had to do was rename a couple files and you had it. However, the full animation from beta wasnt there. Essentially you got the gathering in front of yourself part, but not the throwing part.

Telpeloci

Perhaps the devs could do a tiny bit of work on it to make it sync up properly and bring it back for us. Then again, I suppose they havemore importantthings they should probably work on first...but if someone at AE with some free time gets to this, that'd be great! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Telpeloci
    Perhaps the devs could do a tiny bit of work on it to make it sync up properly and bring it back for us. Then again, I suppose they havemore importantthings they should probably work on first...but if someone at AE with some free time gets to this, that'd be great! [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]
    I admit, I find it a bit odd that the devs found time to add a special effect for the winter festival snowball (inventory icon + actual visible snowball when thrown, complete with trailing bits of snow) -- but they haven't yet found time to replace the placeholder spell effects dragon spells use.

imported_Silowyi

The animation was always slow and out of sync, even in beta. And usually what you ended up with was double or triple cast per-animation. Rather than redo it, they just put in the current "baseball pitch a la seizure." Tony G. was working on getting the casting animation back at one time...

Thread Information