Thread: Please help stock the training islands.

Default Please help stock the training islands.

The last few days I have been visting the training islands, and making and leaving my allowed 18 items at the consigners. I've been making bronze ring and scale armor, shields, swords, tools, and the occasional mace. I set low prices, and try not to duplicate any item for sale by someone else. The stock is usually sold out within 24 hours on New Brommel.

The players who used to help keep the training islands stocked seem to have left the game. Every time this comes up in the forums, someone decries the experienced crafters undercutting the beginners. Well, go take a look. There is almost nothing for sale; it is very easy to sell 10 item types without duplicating anything already for sale.

The training islands seem to need spells, cloth/hide armor, and staffs as well as metal armor and weapons.

Leveling is pretty hard without access to armor, weapons, jewelry, sacks, tools or basic spells such as flame bolt I.

So please spend a few minutes, now and then, investing in the future of the game.Stop by and lend a paw, hand, or talon.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Default Re: Please help stock the training islands.

I just place 18 Boom spelsthe other dayon all the new b towns. dont know why it stops at 18 though those with 2 cd-keys should be able to sell 20 items.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia

I just place 18 Boom spelsthe other dayon all the new b towns. dont know why it stops at 18 though those with 2 cd-keys should be able to sell 20 items.

Not to be rude or anything, but what use is that spell to a newbie that needs defense or damage dealing equipment? :)
    Celenor Sarafien - Unity - Proud member of Shinzawai.
    93 ranger/47 healer/37 tailor/36 mage/21 weaver/15 fletcher

Lighten up grump have some fun. the boom spell is a fun spell to have...when it works [:P]

I usually try to help keep some metal armor on there, but without over doing it. I'll try to help where and with what I can. :)
    - The Paladin is the Judge, the Jury and Executioner!
    - Zarcharien Justice - Lvl 100 Paladin & 71 Armorer
    - "Evil can only triumph, if Good stands by and does nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia

Lighten up grump have some fun. the boom spell is a fun spell to have...when it works [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]
    Hehe, true that - but I recall my start on Unity a little more than a month ago. I had massive trouble finding T1 nature/life spells. Unfortunately the dear Boom can't root, stun or damage my enemies ;)

Don't take it the wrong way, I'd just say there aremore useful items you could put for sale than boom :D
    Celenor Sarafien - Unity - Proud member of Shinzawai.
    93 ranger/47 healer/37 tailor/36 mage/21 weaver/15 fletcher

I stopped by New Brommel today. Quitea change!Several spells, some jewelry (marvelous workmanship, as the jeweler is level 100), and generally a nice assortment of goods. My armor was all sold out, so I made some more and tools too.

Nice response, great community!

imported_Kealla

I'llwork onstocking the newbie isles on Chaos with cloth and hide armour. [H]

can do dragon spells and scales. What spells you think would be best? (forgot what it is to be a noobie :P)
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

The armor and tools I have been placing on NB have sold out (18 items) in 24-48 hours. (Order Shard.) Spells and jewelry also seem to go fast.

I knew there was a need, but I'm a little surprised at how great it is.

Kunrak

I've been having problems finding lower lvl equipment on Unity, but that is not only on the islands. When I look on other places I most often only see full sets of armor for lvl 40+ (steel and such). I can still find bronze in brommel, but it is sparse... and iron is often nowhere to be found :( This isnt only armor, weapons are quite hard to find too :( Luckily for me my guildmates are very helpful with these things, but there are those that arentas lucky[:S]

I restocked New Brommel with 18 spells.

If any newbie wants others, just bring me slabs and I'll make for free.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

gopher65

I started a character on order about 2 weeks ago just to experience RPing (for the first time:D). In NB there was nothing:(. I think the problem is that most people, even hardcore craftersentering the game adventure up to about lvl 15 or so THEN start crafting. So by the time they start crafting they are already onto kion or sslanis, or possibly parishnia:(. This leaves Newbie Ilse with next to no items. I ended up paying 1.5 silver for items which should have been dirt cheap. Hopefully this thread will help real newbies to have a better experience when they first log onto the game:).

Zina

I'm kinda new to the game as well. While mining for ore at New Brommel, I was encouraged byDessydemona,a senior player to craft weapons and sellto newbies via Starr the consigner. I've made spears, swords, bows (there don't seem to have much choice of weaponry available to scouts at the four training islands) and mining tools. Each time, I try to add some techniques like power strike 1 to one special weapon lol.
    Amproud of the aboveplayers whohelp out newbies in beginner weaponry.
    *Three cheers*

Zina/Starlighter

I am placing noob items in the starter islands as often as possible as a spellcrafter - it doesnt cost me anything to go the starter islandsnow, but it still takes time to gather a load of sandstone bricks to drag back into town to craft into shards (unlike pre-merger where I could make a CD load of shards in the field) .. neither does it give me much coin and definitely no experience for the crafting now. I can certainly see why its not an attractive proposition for most crafters.

(I have actually created 2 alts specifically for the purpose of of crafting newbie items ... a blacksmith and a tailor)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Garden Gnome - Order
    Impure Mage lvl 52 / Enchanter 45 / Spellcrafter 42 / Mason 23
    ( Last of the Forgotten )
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    (99.6% html free signature)
    Nicolas de Chamfort : "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."

Holth, Thaalia and I will start taking items to the training islands 1 to 2 times a week and will price thing resonably for the new toons in Istaria[:D]
    As a Cleric of Harden I am duty bound to teach you his ways.
    or kill you trying!

...aye, I'm gonna do my bit, and start putting out scales and spells on all the beginner islands - it's important to make sure the lil ones at least havesomthing to chose from at the cons...I've encountered a few new players these past few days - let's all try to make them feel welcomed...

Thread Information