Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Latest trend on Elnath

Default Latest trend on Elnath

For a couple of days now, when i have went to Elnath i have noticed a "trend" emerging.

I like to call it:
    Wellfare XP begging.

Let me explain what i mean.
    A parasite will come out to the location of your team.
    Somehow those little leechers know these xp places.
    He will come to your location and do 1 of the following, which actually happened yesterday with 2 different parasites.

1. He will identify the top-killer and ask him in, VICINITY, to join him and PL him.
    He will say stuff like "Plz join me XXX, i need xp".
    When the top-killer refuses, the little parasite will go on with "Plz plz plz join me :)"
    These parasites wont take no for an answer.

2. The parasite will insist to join the team by saying "Plz, me wanna hunt with ya foh phat xp"
    When the team sais no, this is where the fun begins.
    The parasite will start crying and saying stuff like "Me wanna team , need xp!"
    Like i give a ******** what he needs.

Another thing i have noticed, those leechers cant spell it seems.
    They also seem to lack the skill of communication.

Had a fun encounter yesterday with some Italian(NO OFFENCE TO ITALIANS, I LOVE ITALY) guy that was sending me italian insults in caps lock....i just kept saying to him "You are too young and not allowed in my team"

Guess he did not like that because he kept using italian in caps lock..

The real fun came when a little flie aggroed the leecher and ofcource the leecher received no heals from us, he died.
    He asked for a rez, wait let me rephrase, he demanded a rez.
    Think i droped from my chair, laughing...he got no rez.
    He then threatened to stay there dead, untill we rez him....
    So we simply said, stay there and watch the xp river our team gets.

Then ofcource, some smartass must allways come along and play the hero ... the outsider rezed the leecher and our fun ended..bah.

After the rez, the italian curses in caps lock started to come, when the leecher realized he was not getting a team, i think i noticed the word transsexual and "butana"....so i assume thats bad! :)

So this is to all you low lvl parasites at Elnath.

You will not get from me and my teams:

1. Heals
    2. Rezzes
    3. A place among us
    4. Support
    5. Sympathy

Another thing for you to remember and be greatefull for:

1. NoPvP in HZ (Be very glad about that)

Thats just some of the things i noticed in regards to low-lvls.

The Horizons i once knew, the great community, seems to be pretty much gone.
    Instead we are seeing low lvl parasites infest the community, getting powerlved, and in the end ofcource quiting the game because there is no Endgame and they dont feel uber enough.

Even after explaining to low-lvls that we dont want to PL them because we KNOW they will burnout after they reach to 100..they still dont give up.

Anyway, whatshurting the game or atleast one of the thingshurting the game is the insane Powerlvling of parasites going on.

Anikitos

Anikitos

100 Warrior / 100 Cleric / 100 Shaman / 100 Guardian / 100 Monk / 100 Spiritist
    60 Druid / 40 Chaos Warrior / 36 Mage

Default Re: Latest trend on Elnath

Ahh, but AE won't put rating restrictions on the 4 portals.

:: does a /who search and notes a rating 34 Paladin 24 Dryad AND a rating 15 Monk 15 Dryad on the Satyr islands ::

And who knows how many are invisible.

But, AE and players encourage it, so it is a mixed bag as you get those beggers along with the all to willing "come with me and I/we PL you" players.

I really hate seeing hatchings out there or any dragon below level 80. :: shrugs ::
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Claws

I noticed that most lowlevels on the satyr isles are alts or have a very high rating.
    Most of them know each other and their alts and help eachother. (getting to level 20 on your ownin a class when your rating is at 80+ is not a lot of fun)
    So basically I help, but have never had such a bad encounter as described above.

Quote Originally Posted by Claws
    I noticed that most lowlevels on the satyr isles are alts or have a very high rating.
    Most of them know each other and their alts and help eachother. (getting to level 20 on your ownin a class when your rating is at 80+ is not a lot of fun)
    So basically I help, but have never had such a bad encounter as described above.

I aint talking about lvl 1 ppl with 100 in rating.
    I been there myself aswell if you check my signature.

I am talking about ppl with lvl 20, 20 rating.
    Basically anyone with a rating below 80 minimum.

I fully understand the need for a chr with low lvl and very high rating to team inorder to advance a bit easier.
    I understand it and i am doing it myself on my later classes.

About new alts.
    Yes, such exist too.
    Meaning alts to allready high lvl advs.
    Usually though, those ppl lvl within the guild or atleast know how to communicate and allready have a circle of friends inside and outside the guild.

The ppl i am talking about cant type worth a ******** and act like parasites.
    Not to mention the fact that their attitude utterly stink.
    Those are the ones i am talking about.

Anikitos
    Anikitos

When a insect asks me to powerlevel him I say "sorry I won't powerlevel anyone".

At second attempt I pull a level 80+ mob and fly a bit away and laugh.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh

When a insect asks me to powerlevel him I say "sorry I won't powerlevel anyone".

Evil dragon! :)
    Anikitos

The Main Hall of Khazad-dum, fighting for freedom

That bad eh? *sigh*. If it is that bad i wont be hunting the satyr islands anymore when i return. I understand its hard for new ppl to lvl given the mob spawn and how little there is of it at that lvl. But i dont like how some of the new ones comming act, Hz community will soon only be a legend *sigh*, All good things must come to an end" *sniffle*
    "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!!"

Fhrain Fireheart
    Dwarven Berserker at Night, Paladin in the Day
    --Pain is Temporary, Glory is Eternal--

there is enough to level

lvl 1-20:
    lesser arodoth -> golems, beetles, spiders treants, gruok, lesser wa, blights, tarantula, ogres, maggots (this including the island of the coast of pars) etc

lvl 20-40:
    around chico and dali and south -> beetles, ruxus, golems, treants, spiders, wa, blights etc
    abandoned island -> beetles, ruxus, wolves, ogres, pigmys, oastics etc

lvl 40-60:
    mobs around tazoon, aug, mahagraand nr, mobs on talandar (the tier III island, dunno if the name is correct)

lvl 60-80 (oh wait these arent newbies anymore, except if they are pl-ed):
    dralk area, feladan area, wd etc.

lvl 80 and up
    eastern arodoth, wd, fire island/ice island, satyr islands

i think there is enough to do for low level players
    mob spawn is ok now, i have not been sitting and waiting for mobs the past week

I havent had anyone ask for me to PL them yet, but on one occasion I had a guy keep 'helping me kill' the mob right before it was dead. He was a low level WAR with the same rating as level, so I knew he didnt have any Heals.

The first one I was like 'ok, whatever, nothing to get bent out of shape, my game is still fun'

The second one, I stopped attacking the mob and 'failed' to heal the WAR in time.

He died and I felt a little better.

It only comes to an end if we give in to such things.

Let's keep it together folks! We who have been here a year or more KNOW each other. We should form into associations.

On each shard, let's start a "League of the Extraordinary". To become a member, you must have been playing 1 full year ( 365 days ). This will NOT be to exclude all others, but will be to set the lead for others. Members will be expected to patiently explain why they will not be powerleveled, and how anyone can work their way up the levels to reach the same lofty goals.

Along with training newbies, we can help organize shard wide events, and construction projects.

Anyone interested on Chaos, just join the channel :)
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

does ignore not work ?

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

Bad dragon! Bad, bad dragon! [:D]
    Of course, that's why we love you..... [W]

Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Let's keep it together folks! We who have been here a year or more KNOW each other. We should form into associations.
    What about we see it in another perspective?

Horizons has a desperate need of newbies, not lamers.

I don't feel like I am "Extraordinary".

I am a really regular old times Hz dude like many others. I won't feel special if newcomers are different and often suckaful.

On ICE the lamers were blacklisted and eradicated [6].

Could help even in the newer shards.

Btw today I recruited a guy that was level 11 rating 11, alone and self-crafting everything he uses, with no begging nor harassing. That's a newbie to take.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.

Claws

Yesterday I had a rather "nice" encounter.
    I was helping a group powerlevel (all medium level but high rating) as my main in his main class (=no level gain for me) for several hours.
    Then I had to leave for some RL work, but left my alt Finder for some of the same treatment the others got, with the consent of the group.
    Next time I check my screen I had been kicked by this guy I helped to level before but was new to the group.
    (chat window excerpts: ******** leechers!...I kicked him...I need fast level ups, because I want to join<a certain guild>, can't use leechers)
    Never one to hold a grudge I explain the situation to him and get reinvited. ... for about 5 min before I got kicked again by the same guy.
    (called it a day after that, bid my farewell to the other people left in group and logged off)

Claws

Don't get me wrong, I don't support powerleveling someone who is new to the game and cannot return the favor (=my definition of leeching)
    As soon as a player is able to hold his own in a battle in one of his other classes or as one of his alts and therefore can and will repay the favor it is not leeching in my book.

Tahrl

Quote Originally Posted by Claws
    As soon as a player is able to hold his own in a battle in one of his other classes or as one of his alts and therefore can and will repay the favor it is not leeching...
    You're correct, the proper term for this is 'reciprocal leeching', although in the situation you describe in your post it would be more accurate to refer to it as 'AFK reciprocal leeching'.

I wish I was in charge.

I'd ban all the leechers, whatever the reason and the means used.

Excepts for the high ratings that need to raise up some levels from 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibbe
    there is enough to level

lvl 1-20:
    lesser arodoth -> golems, beetles, spiders treants, gruok, lesser wa, blights, tarantula, ogres, maggots (this including the island of the coast of pars) etc

lvl 20-40:
    around chico and dali and south -> beetles, ruxus, golems, treants, spiders, wa, blights etc
    abandoned island -> beetles, ruxus, wolves, ogres, pigmys, oastics etc

lvl 40-60:
    mobs around tazoon, aug, mahagraand nr, mobs on talandar (the tier III island, dunno if the name is correct)

lvl 60-80 (oh wait these arent newbies anymore, except if they are pl-ed):
    dralk area, feladan area, wd etc.

lvl 80 and up
    eastern arodoth, wd, fire island/ice island, satyr islands

i think there is enough to do for low level players
    mob spawn is ok now, i have not been sitting and waiting for mobs the past week

lvl 1-20: agreed, no problem there.

20-40: beetles spawn decent, ruxus spawn 1-5 pr hour, amethyst (30-35) golems spawn nice the 20-30 golems has 1-5 pr hour, treants spawn pretty well, but over a giant area and a wide, wide level range, wa - of course, if you as lvl 25 ranger want to solo a wraith group, go ahead and get a few DPs.
    AI I've never hunted on.

40-60: Trandalar is the only place worth spending time at, rest of the spawns are useless 0-5 mobs pr hour spawn.

Been a while since you've tried soloing I guess - all these numbers are from november and december.

I gotta admit, if I hadn't been powerlevelled on Elnath and Alged, I would probably have quit the game already. I am not the type of player who wants to run around and enjoy the scenery - I'm here to kill mobs. A lot of mobs and at maximum efficiency and speed. I _CANNOT_ do that by soloing, the spawns are simply way, way off.

80-100 spawns works nicely though. Too bad that you, unless you plevel,have to endure hell from lvl 22 to lvl 80.
    Celenor Sarafien - Unity - Proud member of Shinzawai.
    93 ranger/47 healer/37 tailor/36 mage/21 weaver/15 fletcher

imported_Kealla

Quote Originally Posted by Aamer Khan
    ..."League of the Extraordinary"...Anyone interested on Chaos, just join the channel
    I don't feel like I am "Extraordinary".

I am a really regular old times Hz dude like many others.
    I don't feel special either, but I would like to help build the community. What is the name of the channel Aamer?

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderZtorm
    wide level range, wa - of course, if you as lvl 25 ranger want to solo a wraith group, go ahead and get a few DPs.
    AI I've never hunted on.

40-60: Trandalar is the only place worth spending time at, rest of the spawns are useless 0-5 mobs pr hour spawn.

Been a while since you've tried soloing I guess - all these numbers are from november and december.

I _CANNOT_ do that by soloing, the spawns are simply way, way off.

80-100 spawns works nicely though. Too bad that you, unless you plevel,have to endure hell from lvl 22 to lvl 80.
    Well...your statement is a bit wrong, I made a new Char right from scratch...and what surprise...it is a Ranger as well ( with some classes from other schools in it )

There are plenty Places to build a Char alone or in a group...beside of the places Sibbe wrote, there is this nice lil isle wich is abadoned.

Even with a low level Char you are able to gain there pretty good ( if you know what you are doing )

I played/trained my Ranger mostly alone _without_ any help from my Guild or from the Friends within.

and actually...I just train her now ...you realy dont need to travel far or wait to camp a spawn...there are plenty of places for any Level and any Preferences ( I dont like Undead Areas, the Enviroment is nice and all..but mostly lags me to dead )

So in conclusion...maybe you just look in the wrong places

Thread Information