Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Latest trend on Elnath

Default Re: Latest trend on Elnath

there is practically no penalty for multiclassing, as well as no incentive to specialize. i always thought this showed how poorly thought out horizons is.
    sure leechers suck, but please do not try and justify the bypassing of one of the only downsides to multiclassing.
    it sucks to level from 1-20 w/ a 80 ar? it should and you should have to grind it out, especially since most of you preach taking the good with the bad so u can fully "appreciate" the game.

Arebetter

I've been playing since May. When I began a level 100 character was rare andconsidered special. Since the server merge and theintroduction of lvl 100+
    mobs,certain islands etc many now find it easier to level to 100.
    Times change and so does this game.

why worry about it? Each of us plays as we wish. We pay the $$ and
    that's all that matters. With all due respect,complaining about how someone else
    gains experiance is a moot point.

I want HZ to survive and if that means new players who may Power lvl, So be it!Many of them may not stick it out,but some will.
    We need to consider the whole and not the small part thatdisturbs us.

Finally,the best thing about HZ is our community. Please let's not become
    smug or worse yet snobs. We pay to play......enough said.

P.S. Who here has not had the benefit of someone Power leveling them?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Arebetter Ironaxe,Long live Horizions!!!

Couldn't agree more Arebetter. If someone disturbs you with requests for PL, just put him on ignore.

If someone asks me to PL him, I'll just explain nicelywhat I did to level. It always works out.

This is kinda funny tho - everybody's talking about the magnitude of the problem, but it seems I'm the only one in here who's been powerlevelled?

Ah well..

Either way, wether or not I powerlevel others depends a lot on the person - lets do an example:

"gruop me plz!!!!11" - That I ignore

"hello there, would you mind letting me join your carnage for a little while" - I'd say yes to that on most occasions.

Celenor Sarafien - Unity - Proud member of Shinzawai.
    93 ranger/47 healer/37 tailor/36 mage/21 weaver/15 fletcher

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderZtorm
    This is kinda funny tho - everybody's talking about the magnitude of the problem, but it seems I'm the only one in here who's been powerlevelled?

Ah well..

Either way, wether or not I powerlevel others depends a lot on the person - lets do an example:

"gruop me plz!!!!11" - That I ignore

"hello there, would you mind letting me join your carnage for a little while" - I'd say yes to that on most occasions.

Powerlvled to me is this:

Low lvl, same rating...begging to get into a team.
    I lvled my first class, warrior, to 100 in the end at Marrows.
    Almost all lvls, solo.
    I quit the game after that.

When i returned i lvled my second class, cleric, to 100 solo or mostly solo.
    Not on Elnath.
    I hunted some at Scourge and hunted alot on Fire island, beetles aswell as Mithril golems etc etc.
    After those 2 classes where done i began to team more on my third class and pretty soon joined the Elnath crusade aswell.
    Rest is history as they say.

But even during the Elnath era, i still lvled solo many times in various places outside Elnath.
    Allthough with a few key ppl, xp was and is very sweet there.

Your example is correct.

On the first one the leecher pretty much demands a group, he will most likely not get into one.
    On the second case, the leecher asks politely which has increased his chances slightly.
    What i would do is to reject his request once and see how he handles it.
    If he handles it with dignity, i would most likely get him next time.

But as a rule i wont PL anyone with low rating and outside my guild.

Anikitos

Anikitos

100 Warrior / 100 Cleric / 100 Shaman / 100 Guardian / 100 Monk / 100 Spiritist
    60 Druid / 40 Chaos Warrior / 36 Mage

No. I've gotten a few levels and a few times I left a group if it looked like a PL show fest by the higher level characters. However, it was in total maybe 5 levels. One rule I had is that if I died three times, I just recalled out of there. No, I didn't standback and suck up the XP, else would have died a lot less.

One time I flew over parts of Elnath to check the spawns, saw the action and left, disgusted at what I saw (even was told in a tell one was there to be PLed).
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

20-40: beetles spawn decent, ruxus spawn 1-5 pr hour, amethyst (30-35) golems spawn nice the 20-30 golems has 1-5 pr hour, treants spawn pretty well, but over a giant area and a wide, wide level range, wa - of course, if you as lvl 25 ranger want to solo a wraith group, go ahead and get a few DPs.
    AI I've never hunted on.
    As kralle said, try abondoned island, running a bit along the south coast, wait a bit (not 5 hours, but 30 seconds max) and be devoured by many ruxus, small/normal and large. Kill them and keep killing them. (but around dali and chico hunting is great too)

40-60: Trandalar is the only place worth spending time at, rest of the spawns are useless 0-5 mobs pr hour spawn.
    i hunted at trandalar a lot too, but the spawn rate around aug is good for me, i wasnt able to clear the field (hunted shadow spiders at the cotton field tuesday)

Been a while since you've tried soloing I guess - all these numbers are from november and december.
    i solo a lot, my main is lvl 66 now, have lvl 20 and 28 alts, they all have no problems finding mobs, and mobs keep spawning

have you been soloing lately?

Eh eh "just" 28 alts? [H]

Only time I felt like leeching was when I soloed some levels at Crimson Scourge.
    Too little effort vs reward.

For the rest, it was from 56 to 93 at wolves. Lots and lots of them.

Btw I go at New Brommel and see two groups:

one of hatchlings and newbies who dig and earn their life. The others who stay sit and leech even craft levels. And at level 10, with money coming from heavens they post on market: "WTB 10k sand bks". For some reason leechers and lamers cannot type nor speak at least like a monkey. Nor know how to type their name without caps.

Another pattern I see everywhere, even in guild: some choose an high roleplay value class (i.e. archers, monks) and stubbornly solo it to top and are very conservative on grouping. They almost fear to "rob" exp or loot etc. They ask me teched spells and bring me the right, usually self hunted reagents, go with colored and teched equipment, name their weapons, roleplay a lot...
    These I admire. A lot. They are Horizons.

The others join their first fyakki group at level 1 and stay here for their first 2 x 100 levels, gotten in 1 - 2 weeks tops.
    They pollute the channels asking at level 2 x 100 dumb things like: "where is Mahagra - gimme coords and even worse for craft".
    When they ask spells they cannot even spell their names, they have billions of fyakki and spiders reagents but NEVER a level 10 reagent. They ask for basic spells (/ scales) with no tech "I'll be off this tier by this afternoon anyway". In the rarest case they ask some teched stuff (they chose the min max classes, so it's always cleric 2 x revits and spiritist 2 x bolts), they never ever know what reagents are needed and they always have to buy all on vielos. They have of course abundant money because they can get 1g x 20 USD on eBay so that's not the problem. Their equipment usually sucks and is basic, uncolored, all is gray and useless in them but fast and efficient. Roleplay value = -100,000. All what they know is "plz" and "tkx" because even typing is not efficient.
    Those I detest, ther suck in every pore. They are only a dung-smelling weight.

By the way, for those who say "well, they pay, they don't impact on you so what?":

- I myself pay, and two accounts. I pay to play a roleplay game set in a sort of medieval stage. Not on a factory of mutant-robots that cannot even spell their name. Some told me that having such scum it's the sign of an healty game. Well, I am off such an healthy game.

- The powerlevelled dragons discredit my race, they do all sorts of nasty things, even bannable stuff.

- The powerlevelled get access to what I slowly (yet I have 130 days of played game!) earned and will outbid me, will grab the best plots etc.
    Who played fair is shafted.

- They gloat and swear all the time, even on public channels,rendering the immersion a miserable thing. Good for us dinosaurs that there are cities like Harro in the hands of old style good people so we can still live in a nice ghetto for fair people.

- This is a MMO. Either it is true that we play a MMO to interact else it would be better to play a single player game - and in that case lamers DO affect a community, or it is true that their gameplay does not impact others and so how can this game be a multiplayer one or does this game have a meaning at all if the actions done by one don't impact on the others?
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh
    Eh eh "just" 28 alts? [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-11.gif[/img]
    Aye, one alt suffers from multiple personality syndrome :P

- This is a MMO. Either it is true that we play a MMO to interact else it would be better to play a single player game - and in that case lamers DO affect a community, or it is true that their gameplay does not impact others and so how can this game be a multiplayer one or does this game have a meaning at all if the actions done by one don't impact on the others?
    The so called lamers...they do indeed have a negative impact on the game "I" want to play.

I travel around the Lands (no matter what Char/Avatar/Toon ) to explore, to fight against vile Creatures ...short to have Fun of all sorts.

I do not care if someone has "powerleveld" his Char or bought Items for ill gotten ingame Money...but I do care ifa moronic Idiot steps into my way of having Fun while I enjoy playing a specific Role so to speak.

This Topic is about the latest Trend on the Satyr Isle ( singular/plural )...

...the Trend is...gimmie anything...NOW and EASY....I dont complain about it, I try to avoid them, hinder _them_to step into "my" circles...MY understanding of Roleplay...sure it is my Point of view, maybe it is kind of onesided judgement...but i do not care.

I dont want to be Part of this new growing ecenomy/community where Players see this enviroment like a single player game..where players just want to be ÜBER....if in Fact, they plain and simple suck...draining the bit or Roleplay out of MY game...where the peopels wich like to have fun in the enviroment wich was promised (?) are geting annoyed with those Diablo " ( soon WoW ?) Players.

Well, sorry if this Post seems a bit confused and the grammer looks not proper...I still guess you got my Point.

Now I am off to the movies, have fun and keep your dreams close [:)]

Back in the mists of time, before the Realities were merged with the power of the Novo machine, getting your first adventure school to 100 was somewhat more time consuming. The highest regular spawn mobs were Rating 75 or 80, and they were just as tough, if not tougher (Animated Marrow doing heroism and melee flurry) than the current batch of mobs out there post-merge.

Back then, reaching that first 100 was an achievement, and doing a second school was even more significant. Back then, you were pretty much guaranteed that a L100 character meant the player had a clue about the class.

Exavier

Anikitos... it sound so very familiar -chuckles-

/ignore was provided just for the kinds of people described in the first post.

Occasionally people ask me to powerlevel them. I usually ignore them. It's not hard to level in this game. Someone who wants to be powerleveled is just lazy

Theres a few people that message metelling me they are going to Elnath, constantly,I end up sitting here and just start laughing. Why? Because:

"this is my 10th 100 school, and Ionly have a full set ofcotton armor, LOL, well I'm going afk a while now"

"what do you mean afk,I thought you were going to Elnath"

"Oh yeah but I'll be standing right on the pad my group is going to be fighting around it, I'll have 20 levels by time I get back"

Now mind you, these people never "talk" it always is something on the lines of that, and to be honest, I don't pat them on the back, because in my eyes they don't deserve it. I know just how they got all those levels, by standing there in there massive groups, using spirit bolt if they even bother hitting them at all, and really it took no effort.

The system is too based on levels, monsters have levels, our weapons are all based on levels, not stregnth or dexterity, our spells are based on levels.. because lets face it , it doesn't matter how much skill you have (as 99.9% of the players already have the minimum skill required) , you have to wait for your level to used that spell.

Here's my two cents:

/ignore <powerleveler>

Furthermore, I really doubt any of these players are going to stick around for a long time anyway. Most times the powerlevelers get bored and move on to the next game.

Rocinante

When a insect asks me to powerlevel him I say "sorry I won't powerlevel anyone".

At second attempt I pull a level 80+ mob and fly a bit away and laugh.
    Now I LIKE THAT ! ... can I watch ?! *heeh*
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Garden Gnome - Order
    Impure Mage lvl 52 / Enchanter 45 / Spellcrafter 42 / Mason 23
    ( Last of the Forgotten )
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    (99.6% html free signature)
    Nicolas de Chamfort : "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."

Bak

For about 2-3 hours ago i see a Group lvl 100 Druid R 132....lvl 57 Guardian R 57
    Cleric 28 R 28 , Spiritist 31 R 31....on elnath at fyakkis the 100 was killing mobs rest was standing afk...after i had a talk with the druid he said he will dont do it anymore and now what hes doing its again...asking him again hes saying they arnt in my group so i said ok...was recalling to get some armor and such things ...after im back they still here and the lowbies were higher and higher .... so i askd him again then he said they my RL sons then i said Haha and hes saying they going now to bed....

Greetz Bakki!

What is sad is that as a character with a single 100 adv class,I have watched a rating 120 try to solo a mithril golem, and fails miserably, then cries to me for a res...thenI move in, rating 104 in cargo gear and solo 3 of the golems and ignore the dead person...I've been a paladin/druid for 9 months now, and know the inside and out of my classes...seeing someone so much more powerful thanme struggling because they do not know how to properly use their classes is pathetic, and makes me sick.

And, as a person on Order, I cannot stand seeing people posting "WTB 8k iron brs, need levels, PST"...Perhaps if they said "I am having trouble getting iron, would someone be able to sell me some bars?" I would be more willing...but you know, I had to munch through several hundered thousand iron bars to get armorer to 100, I only got 10 levels from mithril...

<Sighs> And of course, these ubernoobs have no idea how to roleplay, they don't even have a bit of personality for their characters. Everybody in the marketplace knows how I speak, knows that Ssilmath doesn't like mammals, and that he makes armor and loves a good fight...but their are so many people in there that are just PST and WTB 5K and lol...evertime I see that, I sigh...Hats off to Bori, Sinistre, Hal`cyon and everyone else who actually plays a convincing and interesting character...and shame on every high level noob that is not interested in RP...

Anyways, that's my opinion on the subject
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

Vindra

Memories, oh so bitter-sweet..

About the same discussion seems to erupt in every MMO(RP)G once in a while.. was the same in Anarchy Online. All the "Old Folks" complaining about the "leechers" who "miss so much in Game if they PL"..

Look, Folks.. I'm in this game since Dec 2003 now - no toon anywhere NEAR lvl 100 - and have been PL'ing too on occasion. Usually with my guildies. Usually catching some DPs along (highest number: 17 in one hunt - and NO, I wasn't afk.. just going hunting as a lvl 20 rating 20 along the marrows and undeadishs could get you instakilled sometimes..). That wasn't thought of as PL then - it was Guild Hunting.. and fun.

IF someone would ask me to PL him, I'd simply use the things given to me: the phrases "no" and "bugger off" and, if being constantly pestered by someone "/ignore". If I was out with Guildies, big'uns and small'uns and someone would say "Don't PL those lvl 1/rat 1 leechers" I'd say "I ain't - we're hunting" and if pestered along the same treatment would suffice here too..

So, please, don't make such a fuss about it. The leechers will go away. They can be ignored. They don't do any real harm.. no need to "agree upon a strategy to treat them" or suchlike..

We need horizons suvivor..and be able to as a community vote these parasites off the island :)

The only way we will stop PL'ing is if we as a community /ignore anyone who asks to be pl'd that is the only way as AE has shown a lack of interest in putting in any changes to prevent it from being possible.

If someone asks you to PL them tell them they would enjoy the game more if they played it themselves and then put them on ignore.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Thread Information