Thread: rating system

Soulsmaster

Default rating system

I think one of the problem of this game it is is too much based on the lvl nuber itself. There are heavy lvl thresholds on damage, on chances to hit and whatever else. For example i don't like the fact if a lvl 40 has more dex, streghtand skill with a weapon, than a lvl 70, the lvl 70 still hits better and with more damage.

I guess this has been done for the pourpose of preventing powerleveling and things like that. Well if it is for that i can guess also it isnt working.

I think 1 good solution can be making a better rating system... it is based now on the levels of theclassesas far as i can see. And this is a problem when u get 1 class to high lvl and multiclass, becouseyour rating remain very high and this cause:

1. u cannot go on with multiclassing alone couse in most of the classes there are lvl malus that prevent u to get any exp.

2. u can be powerleveled very fast as exp share in group is based on rating.

2++that meanalso if u have high rating anyway even if u are not high lvl with any of your classes u get more exp than someone choosing his classes better and having rating lower

3. yes also u are not strong as the rating say u are!

I think these problems can be solved putting a "real" rating that really shows how stronger is your char in an average fixed combo. For example a power combo like healer/spiritist should have higher rating than a dunnow scout/berserker. this will help also having more variety i think. But also mostly should be based on the chances a low multiclassed class character has to kill any mobs higher than him. For example a lvl 100 druid/10 warrior should have a rating not more than 20 couse he cannot kill any mobs higher. and a lvl 100 warrior/10 druid should have something like 50 just only couse of cloack of thorns. This should be class based "same-for-all" as not good for better made characters to get less exp. I know can be tricky.. but i think it's less radical than other things.

Another thing can be done, i know there is a bottom lvl for the mob u can kill and still get exp, then below that u get that nice message the mob lvl is too low at your ratingfor u to gain any exp.. that thing i think should be done also for the mobs stronger, dunnow like if the mob is 20 lvls more than your rating then u u get 1% of exp or something like that...

Well yes this can seem bad to all people that domassive plvl, but i strongly feel this can be the problem why few people still join and a lot left already. At this point the average rating of the european server esculding lvl 1-20's is something like 80-90. And lot of the poeple remaining can see only way maybe in leeching or plvling. I am convinced this kills the fun of the game for most people. Also if this system work could be increased the general exp amount, since will probably make the game longer.

Well i hope i have been clear, feel free to add your suggestions :)

Toadd

Default Re: rating system

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsmaster
    I think one of the problem of this game it is is too much based on the lvl nuber itself. There are heavy lvl thresholds on damage, on chances to hit and whatever else. For example i don't like the fact if a lvl 40 has more dex, streght and skill with a weapon, than a lvl 70, the lvl 70 still hits better and with more damage.
    Im not really sure what you are getting at here.. some classes like most melee get more strength than say mage classes.

Ido know that i usually hit pretty hard even with a low lvl class and a low lvl weapon.. since ive got lvl 100 warrior.

ButI do agree with you thatit would be good if the rating actually said something of how powerfull you are with your current active class...

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsmaster
    For example a lvl 100 druid/10 warrior should have a rating not more than 20 couse he cannot kill any mobs higher. and a lvl 100 warrior/10 druid should have something like 50 just only couse of cloack of thorns.
    Can you elaborate what your intentions are here a "lvl 100 warrior/10 druid" should probably have rating 102 or something.. while maybe a *lvl 10 druid/100 warrior* should have rating i dont know.. 40 maybe.. (assuming that first class is the active one)
    100 Warrior |100 Guardian |100 Healer
    Unity [former Ice]

wich one would you pick ?

Soulsmaster

Default Re: rating system

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius

[img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Soulsmaster wrote: I think one of the problem of this game it is is too much based on the lvl nuber itself. There are heavy lvl thresholds on damage, on chances to hit and whatever else. For example i don't like the fact if a lvl 40 has more dex, streght and skill with a weapon, than a lvl 70, the lvl 70 still hits better and with more damage.

Im not really sure what you are getting at here.. some classes like most melee get more strength than say mage classes.

Ido know that i usually hit pretty hard even with a low lvl class and a low lvl weapon.. since ive got lvl 100 warrior.
    youhit pretty hard maybe for the lvl u are atm, but u don't hit hard even close as using your warrior 100. for example given u have a warrior 100, and u are using a cleric 20 u will do very little damage to a lvl 50 mob, assuming u can hit. the damage could be given by the weapon.. but the chances to hit shouln't they be the same? After a certain point the lvl difference goes heavier malus than other stats can be a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Soulsmaster wrote: For example a lvl 100 druid/10 warrior should have a rating not more than 20 couse he cannot kill any mobs higher. and a lvl 100 warrior/10 druid should have something like 50 just only couse of cloack of thorns.

Can you elaborate what your intentions are here a "lvl 100 warrior/10 druid" should probably have rating 102 or something.. while maybe a *lvl 10 druid/100 warrior* should have rating i dont know.. 40 maybe.. (assuming that first class is the active one)
    The active class i intended as the low lvl, the second one. And the meaning was referred to the problem above. A low lvl druid, with a lvl 100 behind is strong, couse it has cloack of thorns and can use the lots of health to make it work.. different is the casewhen the warrior is the low lvl, that can barely hit mobs at his ratings, and cannot use the cloack of thorns of the druid couse it's esclusive class ability of druid/rangers. So the power of 2 combos is very different, and this should result in a different rating, thing that is not.

Thread Information