Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happened to our "old Players"?

Lady_Freya

Default What happened to our "old Players"?

To all those Players that have more then on levvel 100!

What does happened to all the High-Level-Chars?
    Are they to good to help lower levels?
    Or do they only help guys in their Guild.

Now it happened a lot of time that i asked for help, leeching a bit xp, dont wanted any loot or something else, and got answers lik:
    "Go away", "Stop Begging", "Parasite" or something else...
    Couldnt you say only no?
    Are the low levels not worth to get some Help?
    I thought this is a Massive Multiplayer(!) Game...

Default Re: What happened to our "old Players"?

It looks like some low levels have screwed it for the rest by being very annoying and bothering high level players all the time to power level them (see some posts in the general forum)

if i were you, then i would say on the community channel or the market channel that you are looking for a group to hunt with and mention your level, so you get a group of players with the same level range (or use the player search to find people around your level and send them a tell). This is much more fun hunting than sitting and getting xp while doing nothing or not being able to hit anything.

Not reached 100 in any school, but feel free to catch up with me for a hunt some time [:)] I've been having a lot of fun as a guardian lately, and it's been great fun out at the obsidian / lava golems lately with some friends - no-one else out there most of the time, and the occasional anchor and minions pops up to add to the fun [:)]

The Main Hall of Khazad-dum, fighting for freedom

I agree Sibbe, a few ruins the fun for everyone. And a group around your own lvl is always more fun than sitting and watching the xp tick in imo.
    "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!!"

Fhrain Fireheart
    Dwarven Berserker at Night, Paladin in the Day
    --Pain is Temporary, Glory is Eternal--

Ever tried hunting on one of the 4 satyr islands lately? The second a highlvl player shows up there he is swarmed by low lvl chars, giving random groupinvites to all lvl 100's they see, begging and asking for groups, for XP, and they all don't need loot they all want some XP

Well I have news for them, fight maggots on the newbie islands, as I am not planning to powerlvl lvl 10-15 chars on Alged or the other islands

I have 3 lvl 100's on Val, 2 ADV and one craft, and a craft at 95... + I have Ari up to 75 and alc 60 and i did it all by meself, hunting and crafting at the proper lvls.

Lady_Freya

I never did say, that i dont do anything.
    I am not level 10-15...

Level 72 Battlemage (thx to Thokk and Wailmer who did helped me with that)
    Level 42 Cleric (need 46 for good heal spells).

So i could heal a bit and i do a little damage at the Mobs.

lol, the fact you say: "do a little damage at mobs... "
    tells me you only have been hunting lvl 80+ characters.
    I tried that for myself when i was lvl 1 scout, but it
    didnt work out :S

----= And YES I don't fucking like leeching n00bs.=----
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

Trust me, getting your first adventure school to 100 is much much easier in the new world compared to times before the merge, and before the first appearance of the Crimson Scourge.

Magic immune Deathly Ogres, slash/pierce/crush immune Animated Marrows; those were our bread-and-butter mobs for xp way back then. Compared to some L100 mobs out there, the old-school Animated Marrow would easily beat it's way into the Top Ten Tough <Illegitimate Offspring> chart, and it was only Rating 80.

Only time I 'leeched' at the Elnath XP Fountain was my last 9 shaman levels, to compliment my Ranger 100 school. But it wasn't really leeching, I turned up in group with five (six when I hit Shaman 95) area-nukes, and enough armor to survive a 20 mob pull with a healer busting a gut to keep me standing.

Lady_Freya

I remember times that "big" players did help "low" players.
    But i think a lot of things have changed since the first big Patch and the server merge.
    Everyone wanna have the best Forms TierIv or V.
    I did see Freinds going away because of beeing annoyed from that.
    The new Techs and forms had changed a lot of Players.
    Think about that and remember hte "old" time before the first Big Patch.

I did see more groups with high AND low level chars!
    No one can tell me that this wasnt for leeching XP!

Do you really expect players to sympathise with you when you clearly state your desire to "leech" exp?

You basically want to fight MUCH higher level mobs so you can get 10k exp per kill instead of 3k. I know, I've been there. It is awesome to group with some friends at a much higher level and see HUGE amounts of exp roll in. I did it mself at the lower levels, on a couple of guild hunts, but only a few times.

MOST of my exp was gained solo, or in an equal level group.

When a player leeches they are gaining exp off of someone elses skill and effort, including the time taken to get to those levels at which they can fight the biggest mobs. When you leech you rob yourself, by skipping levels, and failing to develop skills to fight your equals or betters. Try soloing some Withered Aegis at your own level, and you'll see what I mean. How much skill or knowledge of your abilities and spells do you need to just stand and fling heals while a level 100 mows down mob after mob?

If you are invited to join a high level hunt, by all means go, but don't whine that high levels will not "help" you do what you could do yourself, just not as quickly. Nobody OWES you free exp.

Give me just 1 good reason why a level 100 player SHOULD help you get exp at 3-4 times the normal rate with little or no risk to you, and little or no reward for them for doing it.

By the way, how many level 40-50 chars are you helping to power level by killing mobs at YOUR level whilst they stand and watch?

Lady_Freya

If any Level 40-50 Player would ask me to help i would.
    I did help level 10-30 Level CHars to get some XP with my Other Char.
    She is level 88 reaver now (way easier to play then a Battlemage)

But no level 40-50 char did ask me because i am to low to help them leveling.

BTW. Thx to my Guildmember Ular that came back in game after Christmasholiday and did help me getting 4 Levels in Cleric (he is level 93 Shammie and 100 Pala)

Maybe all the Readers here see a "only-leeching-Char" in mine.
    I can tell you i dont do that all the time. I only wanted some help for a few levels.
    I ever did go my own way and i will do that again now.

No more asking for help to get xp or anything else (maybe in Market if i need some Stuff or Ressources).

Aber trotzdem bin ich immer noch der Meinung dass sich viele geändert haben seit dem ersten grossen Patch, da alle nur noch nach den neuen Formeln und Techniken ausgeschwärmt sind.

Un was mich am meisten schmerzt ist, dass viele "Freunde" in Game gegangen sind ohne auch nur ein Wort zu sagen.

Quote Originally Posted by Korial
    slash/pierce/crush immune Animated Marrows
    Tough bastages those. But to be completely fair, they were not immune, just highly, highly resistant. I could do some damage to them even without a satyr event scale at L100 (back when those scales still helped), and I estimated - as far as one could make any estimates - that the marrows had maybe 100-150 slash/pierce/crush resist.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Well, I am one old player.

I simply got sick of the incessant "pliz pliz pliz" and seemingly macroed invites as I go to "strategic" spots, like wolves, topaz golems, sathyr islands.

By toons called like "IROXXOR", "DABEST" etc. (capitalized of course).

In the beginning I tried to explain how they were losing the best part of the game etc.

Seeing they don't care the less (apparently they discovered some level 1 training isle with teleport to sathryr isles), I stopped caring of them.

Expecially when helping one stirs up several tells of others begging, whining, demanding 10 times more.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

im an old player too

have been in istaria since the first day

dragons dont get tells for help others (only from other dragons)

Can you make me Sandstone Bricks

Can you help me leveling fast

if someone send me a tell and beg me for a full set of spells/scales i will help but if someone asks me for EXP or fastleveling than its a clear no

why should i take care of a lvl 10 while killing lvl 100? its no fun for me and i hate this stand arounds doing nothing but beeing afk

Same is with the guild or friends, if there is a leecher who wants to group then sometimes its ok but i want to see actions! cast some Heal me or strike the enemy! show that the guy is there and we have fun

but most the times i dont like leechers, it took me a long time to get my level and i dont got pushed too!

i guarantee you if you leech all important lvls you will quit HZ very soon because you dont know your Char and enjoy it.

Leveling is a time eating thing. Enjoy it. Im lvl 100/100 since more than 6 month, as a dragon i get 0,00 EXP

Enjoy your time regardless of your lvl, there are always mobs out there who are worth beeing killed for you (for EXP and big FUN)

Your Welcome Sweetie.
    It's always fun hunting with u and i don't care about your lvl.
    Yesterday was a nice hunt. I rather hunt with u and get less xp since i enjoy your company. Xp isn't everything you know ;)

[<:o)]
    Ular Naga

Proud "Handy Man" of the -Dark Saga-
    Unity Shard

"First i followed the light then the blight, but suddenly nature showed me the path to walk"

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh
    Seeing they don't care the less (apparently they discovered some level 1 training isle with teleport to sathryr isles), I stopped caring of them.
    Really?...i need to check this out, my "usual" spot is on isle of corvus , port Nr, port Ml, and haul a** for 10 mins to get to the cave, hehe.. a direct portal would be great ;)

Oh, and i agree with everyone on the leeching part, i have been getting tells from
    people begging to be powerlvld , but they have atleast been polite.
    I.e not chars with capitalized names screaming and shouting..
    When i said no, he asked why, and i gave him a reason, and he did not ask again..
    Guess im lucky not to have been bothered by the most irksome of the leechers..

Imo helping a lower lvl player, does not automatically mean xp leech, as an
    experienced citizen in istaria, my knowledge about the world is quite extensive
    and so , i can offer info if needed, or provide a spell or two..
    In rare times, if im bored and just plain sick and tired hunting alone, and none
    of my friends / guildmates show any intrest i willl take anyone who asks with me ;)
    Isair Maelowyn [Retired]

i fully agree, help lower players dont mean let them leech XP

but the most lowbies dont want help! they want to be pushed

they dont ask, they demand :(

I think there also is a big difference between new players or regs playing more then 1 char like freia.

I always like to stay more diplomatic and i also think it would have sounded different if someone ask for a nice hunt or ask for an XP boost.

WhatI h8 more is being telled by low lv players asking for help power lving their craft thats even worse than leechers with their adv lv's. They usually go "Can you help me by crafting X thousand bricks/orb/bars etc for me" Best way I find of getting rid of them is saying "yes I will craft them, I will charge u 100c/bar etc and I want it in advance" they suddenly stop bugging u after that[:)]
    Kaze Ancient Lunus Dragon 100/100 ~7 million hoard (Lv75)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Freya

To all those Players that have more then on levvel 100!

What does happened to all the High-Level-Chars?
    Are they to good to help lower levels?
    Or do they only help guys in their Guild.

Now it happened a lot of time that i asked for help, leeching a bit xp, dont wanted any loot or something else, and got answers lik:
    "Go away", "Stop Begging", "Parasite" or something else...
    Couldnt you say only no?
    Are the low levels not worth to get some Help?
    I thought this is a Massive Multiplayer(!) Game...
    we worked for our 100's so why should you get them by doing nothing [8o|] and if a group is already comfortable in strength versus thier pulling size why should they invite more players? also another things is that players that leech too many levels will get to thier 100's and actually be bad players as theyve not had solo time to learn abilities.
    Spud,Half-giant on Unity(Hibernating)
    KNOC-Mage-Cleric-Warrior-Berserker
    Blacksmith-Fletcher-Carpenter

Thread Information