Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What happened to our "old Players"?

Default Re: What happened to our "old Players"?

hehe, what I had to experience in the last weeks is that it became harder and harder for ME to find people wanting to group with me.

Although I am playing since March I am "only" 79 KNoC (with a bit of 36 Mage). now, when I post in Market (only channel with enough players :) ) that I am looking for group I usually get NONE, ZERO, NADA replies.

the only people that I find to group with are

a) guildies (when they are on)
    b) people I know from playing the game, but usually 2nd or 3rd school levelling

My problem - put simply - is that I am one of the minority people not having a 100 at all. and most of my other people I know are already levelling their second or third class. so they are far away in rating screwing the XP I earn.

I am not first place ADV (maybe the time I did Flaxen Bolts and Dim Spheres for the trees on my plot would have made me 100 in KNoC already, hehe) but I can only say that sometimes I would love to have a group I can hunt with.
    It's not so much the "leech"-factor, it is more about having a GROUP.
    I think it's boring to kill Fire Opal Golems for hours and hours - which I did for my last level. but 4 Hours at the Fire Opals for ONE level is really not fun.
    Face it - all the groups at Rating 80+ are at the Satyr Isles or at the EDL Fyakkis. So if I want to fight with guys and gals in my range I have to go there, too.
    And since for some weeks our guild people have been rather small I am forced to send tells out to people I know.
    Believe me, I feel ashamed, to be forced to ask other people all the time to hunt. I am not around for the leeching, I want COMPANY. it's much more fun to be around with peeps and talking instead of doing a solo session at some golems.

But what I never really liked was joining a group where I couldn't do damage at all. I am now 79 KNoC, got new armor and I am suddenly helpful to kill mobs up to lvl 100.
    this is much more fun than just standing there and watching other people kill the mobs while I can do nothing.

long talk, little message: groups are hard to find these days, if you are not already 100.

Or maybe people underestimate the power a 79 KNoC can have :))
    -- || knoccest of the tailors. period.

its all about having area-damage or heals (or both) .. thats a "usefull" groupmember in those days .. all others are more or less "leeching" .. we have to face it as it is... this is where friends come in (or leave you allone) if you can´t fill one of those parts.
    The multienemybonus going up to 1000% of the base exp of the single mobs pushed the game into that direction. Hope theywillfix those mobs soon as they did with others before ..it is too late allready but better now as never.

Everyone only wants to get the 3rd... 5th ... 8thclass to level 100 with maximum speed. That´s why i have notdone a single level since merge in a"random" group .. allwayssomeone demands bigger pulls for faster exp andformula/techdropsbring in problems too.
    I only hunt with long-time friends and for fun/techs now. Also my battlemage-exp would be enough for 8 or 9 classes up to 100 i have stopped the "race" and prefer to play for fun not for exp-o-mania of some ppl arround.

Looking for all types of Tier 4/5 techs!

The Main Hall of Khazad-dum, fighting for freedom

The other thing is also the multiple enemy bonus vs number of ppl in groups, for my sake they could remove it all together. I liked hunting and community better before they placed multiple enemy bonus...

Edit: and it would slow down lving abit[;)]
    "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!!"

Fhrain Fireheart
    Dwarven Berserker at Night, Paladin in the Day
    --Pain is Temporary, Glory is Eternal--

Quote Originally Posted by Fhrain
    The other thing is also the multiple enemy bonus vs number of ppl in groups, for my sake they could remove it all together. I liked hunting and community better before they placed multiple enemy bonus...

Edit: and it would slow down lving abit[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]
    The multiple enemy bonus is the broken aspect. With a rating of about 106, I could get close to 3k xp from T3 mobs, if I killed enough of them (30+) at once.

And I'm sorry if this offends you, but asking for adventure xp to be handed to you is no different to begging for cash.

Lady_Freya. My advice to you is to join a good guild and have fun with them. if you arnt at a good guild that have fun together and fight together or do stuff together then you should switch guild really.
    Vanaondo
    The RP guild Kushan Sogd at Harro, Unity Shard
    Download and install Pekkas Map Pack v2.9 today and HCC 0.26 Beta is there too

To tell you the truth, i very seldom PL ppl i dont know.
    I have seen ppl getting PL'ed and turning into complete idiots, rude and very unfriendly.

I will PL ppl that i get to know and that are not only interesting in getting PL'ed.
    For example, every time...EVERY TIME i go to elnath i am getting tells by ppl that do a search on Elnath for high lvls.
    I like to remain visible to all players as a matter of principle.

If someone comes up to my team and asks Politely to join and is of a rating 70-80+ or something, chances are that he will get in.
    But the fact is, we dont need anyone to hunt there and its actually better for us to be as few as possible.

Steel Phoenix teams with a few non-members that we feel have earned our trust.
    We try to control the size of Elnath teams as much as possible and are selective most of the times.
    That is by choice.

That does not mean we wont help, just plz dont demand it.

Anikitos
    Anikitos

100 Warrior / 100 Cleric / 100 Shaman / 100 Guardian / 100 Monk / 100 Spiritist
    60 Druid / 40 Chaos Warrior / 36 Mage

"The multienemybonus going up to 1000% of the base exp of the single mobs pushed the game into that direction. Hope theywillfix those mobs soon as they did with others before ..it is too late allready but better now as never."

Once again, DT, you hit the nail on the head.

Shaw el Shadai Moking
    'Coming at ya...like a spring!'

I guess im mostly hunting bigger game lvl 90-120.. not many low lvls in these areas and usually im against powerlevling new toons.. anyone with low lvl/rating.. but toons with higher rating and low lvl are more often in these places, but this is not noobs.

So yes if a lvl40 rating 40that i didnt know came and started begging repetedly for group i would say no. If alvl/rating 60+ asks politley then they will most likley get grouped.

Anyway ive watched some lvl 10-20 in the lvl 115-120 area.. they lvl much slower then the 60+ does.. so its not even a good spot for them to powerlvl.. they just gets a libility for the group to waste more heals on..

If its someone i know, an alt of a bigger toonor a friend of someone in the group,that want to look at the deadlands or just wants to join the group instead of playing alone.. this i dont really mind.. but what i mind is the noobs that just stand there and do nothing.. if your in a fight atleast try your best to hit mobs.. if your better at healing focus on this etc.. buff other players with abilities if you have anything useful for the group.. if your a cleric/healer and don't heal the group when in trouble but just stand there leeching xp.. thats the kind of mentality that gets you kicked from a group real fast or atleast not gets you to join on the next day.

Im not against helping new toons, ifsomeone askfor directions or basic questionsabout the game i will try to answer.

I think the error you might have made.. is if you ask "may i join and leech some xp" if you asked like this that is. Just say hello and ask if you may join the fight or something. atleast try not to use the word leech ;-)

Good luck!
    100 Warrior |100 Guardian |100 Healer
    Unity [former Ice]

wich one would you pick ?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius
    Anyway ive watched some lvl 10-20 in the lvl 115-120 area.. they lvl much slower then the 60+ does.. so its not even a good spot for them to powerlvl..
    There may be faster places with lower level players pushing them (t3 or 4 mobs in larger numbers) but there are no groups arround you can find so easy as on the satyrs ... and even if they are slower as level 60 players .. they are still faster as playing solo or killing mobs of their level with a non optimal group in most cases.

Looking for all types of Tier 4/5 techs!

The Main Hall of Khazad-dum, fighting for freedom

Quote Originally Posted by DeathTiny
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Aquarius wrote:
    Anyway ive watched some lvl 10-20 in the lvl 115-120 area.. they lvl much slower then the 60+ does.. so its not even a good spot for them to powerlvl..

There may be faster places with lower level players pushing them (t3 or 4 mobs in larger numbers) but there are no groups arround you can find so easy as on the satyrs ... and even if they are slower as level 60 players .. they are still faster as playing solo or killing mobs of their level with a non optimal group in most cases.
    Sadly this is true..
    "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!!"

Fhrain Fireheart
    Dwarven Berserker at Night, Paladin in the Day
    --Pain is Temporary, Glory is Eternal--

Everybody knows them: they start a new char and don't want to waste time hunting for themself with the risk of dying. Instead as soon as they enter the world, they ask for someone to group.
    When they find a group, they just stand there and do nothing - going afk or just watching others do all the work. They never think about to use a revitalize I - a small gesture, but anyway. They only stand there and say "rezze me, I don't get xp".
    Very "nice" if these people are insame guild with you: they ask for armor, they ask for jewelery, they ask for spells, they want tecs and formulars they never ever ca use, they ask for group and as soon as they got a few level, they think it's boredom (which it is indeed if you only stand there and only miss a mob 80 levels higher than yourself). Finally they decide: oh, there are so many different classes andgetting xp is so easy when grouping with a higher level char, so why don't start a new char because having a higher rating is such a catastrophy.

Oh, I hate this, esspecially since the big update adventure leveling became so easy with these higher level mobs that don't really hurt. And the only solution it to ignore these people - they will leave hz anyway as soon as their account expires

But sometimes you find some people that just want to ask a few questions and are proud of killing a lvl 20 mob with their lvl 18 char. And it always had been a pleasure to save them from death by casting a heal on them - I got many of these heals when I had been lvl 18 too and hat been nearly dead when some people passed by at the iron field near kion. I think this is the proper kind of help lower level player should get from higher level char.

Saphosar - Unity (100 reaver, 78 healer, 44 berserker, 36 mage, 23 cleric, 20 warrior, 16 druid, 15 spirtist and a lot of craft school)

Ich Bin Sisyphos

maybe good, we can see the other side of this problem now for once, due to freyas post.

id like to give an example:
    when i leveled healer (my second class) i sometimes grouped with a rather low pally. he was clearly too low to solo these mobs we fought, while i was able to get along solo pretty well. in group he missed a little more then me, but i knew i could rely on him. when i was in trouble he tried to get agro, used his revitalises, just fought with what he got for the groups survival.
    he was later called a leecher by others, for his low lvl only. and i had disputes with other groupmembers cause they kept on kicking him.

when i was about to finish my 3rd class i found my way to the lvl 120 fyakki area, where i was confronted with player behavior i couldnt bear.

*players to lowlvl to hit anything demanding to be grouped (incredible aggressive tells when refused - these were only certain individuals tho ... i didnt put them on ignore but i will remember there names forever lol)

*players, already leeching themselfs inviting ~lvl 10 guildies for some easy exp (not even a fast way to get experience, bu a very convinient one).

*players not reading group chat, healers not healing. some where afk for hours (!!!!)

all in all there where groups of 10, max 2 of them where actually fighting and a big crowd of 8 which in BEST of all cases watched you working for their exp and trying to get their "fair share" of the loot, insome cases they where afk. i just felt exploited.
    we werent able to invite usefull ppl, because our group was full with this crap.
    AND you couldnt rely on anyone.

and i also fear that my precious unity will be filled with multi-100s which cant play their chars sooner or later.

all this lead to some rules i now follow, concerning grouping for experience only:

* noone will join my group who isnt of use for the group (not a very strict rule, a lvl 40+ healer/cleric can clearly make a difference if he knows how to play)

* if players are afk for more then a few minutes, they will be kicked.

* im now very carefull, when it comes to promoting groupmembers to groupleaders.

i will of course still help friends. and i hope this will end some day, i am very concerned about the player-behavior. when i log in i would like to seethe goodcommunity spirit, we had just a few months back.

i wonder if its a generic thing that a paladin when in groupa nd things get rough always try to get aggro, i always do it

back on ice we had a great community spirit, it had its hiccups yeah but the community livedon after the merge, now theres little left, maybe becuase so called 'pillars of the community' have left or hardly log in anymore, either way its not looking/feeling good

greetings deme

dunkel logs in only an hours or two aday mostly to check consis and make some spells scales or back packs if asked

rest of the time is leveling the babies without doing any adv task Quests

on some the babies are at lvl 1 most are lvl 3 and aslong noones asks this remains so i spare them for some low level kin who want help but aslong noones asks

greetings dunkel and his family
    dunkel_ice helian 100 100 5,5 mio hoard
    dunkelzahnjr helian 80 42 280 k
    Hrdunkelzahn helian 80 41 280 k
    now all adult

odrade

Sometimes I wonder what it's all about. I get the feeling that, because of xp often coming at the same time a player has fun, it becomes a substitute for the fun itself. Why do so many players want to level so fast? I don't understand it. Do they gain abilities to fight a totally new, exciting way, other than fighting a lvl 10 Mob? Do they think only as a levl 100 they are able to have real fun? It's quite similar with money.. it can be very pleasant to buy things you couln't buy before, but when not these things anymore please you, but only the growing numbers on your bank account, as a much simpler substitute, something bad is beginning to happen to you.

I'm a simple lvl 73 Elar by now, and this seems to be rather low for a player that played from the beginning on. I mostly talk and play with friends and guildies, exploring, pulling oversized monsters, running, helping lower level characters to survive, committing suicide (or being heroic, a question of perpective), crafting, making stories all around it in a way. This game can be fun if you use it in more ways than only those the developers have layed before us.

A few days before, I got into a high level group that was going to one of the Satyr Islands. At first, I thought "wow, what tough monsters, what cool spell effects, what an adventure". Then I realized I hardly did any damage, or could otherwise be of any real help. Sure, vast amounts of xp flooded my unexpectant character, two levels in a blink, for which I would have needed days of normal gameplay. But what for? The players in the group only seemed to be worried which was the optimal way to slaughter as many monsters as possible in the least amount of time, they seldom said something out of this scheme. It was much like an xp factory.. you log in, you get to work. Is this a game anymore?

So to all players that think it's a good idea to powerlevel: for me, it is not. It's like becoming an old man without having lived before. The memory of the time having fun is important, not the result.

But I can understand the initial post, too. Few weeks before, our relatively low-level group attempted to get on one of the tougher satyr islands, and sadly, I was the only survivor reaching it. What should I do? Explore it a bit, I thought. But before I could do any scouting worth mentioning, I got one aggro, ran away, towards some highlevel players of whom I thought could come some help. What an illusion! They let me die, let me lie. They didn't respond, just fought the same monsters again and again. Sure, they didn't know I wasn't the usual leecher. But their behaviour was more than arrogant, don't you agree? In my character's life I have always helped people in need (especially in the days of kion iron mines, hehe), and I thought that would be a common behavior.

Of course these are the some bad examples amogst many good ones. I just want to say: please don't make too quick assumptions about other players, not all of them are leechers. Be friendly, regardless of ratings and such technical specifications. After all, there are humans behind every player character.

Odrade

Vindra

In the 12 months I've played now, I did some "leeching" too.. when hunting with my guildies long time ago. As a lvl 15 Scout I wasn't able to do much damage 'gainst lvl 50 wolfies - but nonetheless I got my fair amount of DP's handed and sooner or later got big enough to help my mates.
    Later I helped friends by teaming them with my pally, getting them through the tedious first 20 lvls - friends, who already had toons in the 50+ lvl/rat range.
    And sometimes I went to the starter regions to just stand close to a "newbie" and heal him and take care if he managed to aggro too many mobs.
    Until now, I still have not set foot on any of those "high exp regions". Western and Eastern Blight was nice for Guild Hunts and collecting DPs - but going there for Exp? Nah.. Satyr Isles? Not really my choice of region..

Just last week I got my small spiritist a couple levels in the old fashioned way.. teaming and killing mobs about his level with some other people. And guess what, it was fun ;)
    Mayhaps it is my "strange" style of playing, that helps me..

People going afk for more than a few minutes will find themselves without me close to them- team or no team. People not using their abilities to help while leeching find themselves out of the team - or me leaving the team, depending on the situation.

People who rush up to level 100 always forget one thing: there's not much left to do when you're lvl 100 - only get the next 100 levels.. So, why the need to hurry all the way up, just to speed up the need to do it AGAIN?

Thread Information