Thread: Only have to type Username (email address) and PW once.

Default Only have to type Username (email address) and PW once.

I know this has been asked alot but I HATE having to type my email address twice and my pw!So AE PLZ take off the 2nd log in!
    Leave a penney take a penney..need more than a penney? Get a job :|

Drachnyen

Default Re: Only have to type Username (email address) and PW once.

well you could always use the save password option that IE has...

I have that but it still a waste of time imo...
    Leave a penney take a penney..need more than a penney? Get a job :|

For me, IE won't save the password for the second login, just for the first.
    Not sure why, but it has something to do with not being able to press enter to press the "play horizons" button.

some of us appreciate the additional security ... I vote for leaving the double log-in.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Garden Gnome - Order
    Impure Mage lvl 52 / Enchanter 45 / Spellcrafter 42 / Mason 23
    ( Last of the Forgotten )
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    (99.6% html free signature)
    Nicolas de Chamfort : "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."

It's one of those very small irritants that becomes more of a pain after the 1,000th repetition. A burr under the saddle blanket, it gets worse with time. Since it does provide protection for those with multiple users on one account (younger brother protection [;)] ) it is a useful feature, and I believe was added for cause. Ideally, for those of us for whom it serves no purpose, it would be nice to make it optional, set at the time the character is created.

And if it stopped the cries of a very few that "Hzis a lousy game because it has a browser login"; well that would be a definite plus.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Esskaron

Perhaps there could be a optional separate password for each character on the account?

Drachnyen

Quote Originally Posted by Magfuddle
    some of us appreciate the additional security ... I vote for leaving the double log-in.
    its already 128 bit SSL secured. why would you still need to have a second login/ pass? if someone does get past the SSL, your now just giving them a second chance to hijack your login/pass

Qwyn

I have to disagree with this statement. How is it extra security? It is exactly the same as the first one.[^o)]

My first time in game I did not come to this page and go "Oh Crap! What do i put in here?"

Nalaureth

I think people find it most annoying when they are doing a quick swap of characters, and they end up having to stop and re-login. It's a pain in the butt and for those of us who don't have little brothers or roommates or anyone else who might share our accounts, it would be spiffy keen nice if we could opt out of this really really really annoying step.

its already 128 bit SSL secured. why would you still need to have a second login/ pass? if someone does get past the SSL, your now just giving them a second chance to hijack your login/pass
    It's not a security measure. It's for parental protection.

Anyway I agree that making it optionally enabled (and disabled by default since I believe it's used by a minority) would help a lot in the usability department.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Sevakordran

I vote to negate the web log in all togeather....

Qwyn

What protection?? You already know the info if you got to the second time??

Ziggy

I don't like the browser usage or double password either. At least let us be able to enter the 2nd password with Enter instead of hitting the button. It could be worse, we could go through that gridlock that FFXI uses.

Best login I've seen so far is the Funcom launcher for Anarchy Online. Quick and simple with "remember me" options, graphics settings and links to your account, where you can actually activate or deactivate your account, change the subscription type or your credit card information quickly and easily. Almost enough to make me go play the game more often than I do Horizons.
    Brassandyn and Landowyn
    The Steelworks. Realm of Order

What double login? I only double-click on a small 'dragoniade.bat' and it load Horizons automatically. No login page, no Internet Explorer.

I only use IE to patch the game after a maintenance. Otherwise, I simply start Horizons manually.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

You dun have to click on the 'Play Horizons' button folks.

If you dun want to create a small programthat auto-logs youin like Dragoniade has done, then simply hit TAB and then enter. Saves the dreaded 'Lift hand off keyboard and place on mouse and hit the MOUSE1 button once it's over the 'Play Horizons' button' action.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Actually, it's a simply a small .BAT file I've put in my shortcut bar. Another version was posted somewhere in the forum, but I trimmed it, not needing to disable every running services.

My .BAT kind of look like this:

start /D "D:\Program Files\Artifact Entertainment\Horizons\" /MAX horizons.exe weblaunch_standard MY_EMAIL MY_PASSWORD chaos MYBIOTE 0 68.142.64.210:47101 MY_PUBLIC_KEY MY_PLAYER_NAME DefaultShard

MY_EMAIL: Your email address you type each you log in.
    MY_PASSWORD: Your password you type each time you log in.
    MY_BIOTE: Your biote number. Can be found on the last player login page, on the URL of the character you play.
    MY_PUBLIC_KEY: Your public key. It can be found on the last player login page. You have to open the source and select the alpha-numeric key after "publicKey".
    MY_PLAYER_NAME: Your character name.

All those info can be found by opening the "runGame.aspx" page before starting a game.

One double click and the game start fine, without entering the website.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Thread Information