Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I feel like old and outdated, not ready for the bright future

Default I feel like old and outdated, not ready for the bright future

I tried to have a part in the hypocritally named "Unity" shard, hard. But apparently my generation of players is out of luck nowadays.
    I tried hard to roleplay, to stock consigners, to help and teach newbies, to keep the forums and the in game players updated with the most important IRC chats.

It all started few days after the merger, when I warned that undercutting was becoming rampant at glowing essence orbs.
    It was not the fact "per se", but the subtle change in the general behavior I sensed that alarmed me.
    Of course me and the others after a while ceased to consign these things. While I could earn at least 1 easy gold a day doing mithril I felt like to spend some hours gathering no exp no gain orbs for all to enjoy.
    Now, even those who undercut me and the others by 1c stopped consigning them because other even worse ones undercut them in a circle that lowered the price to 25c.
    In a real life economy maybe this could be "nice", but here we are not. Here we should attempt to have some respect for the other's spent time doing boring andthankless work.

And soon after the first signs came the next. The self proclaimed Channel Cops. And the Forum Cops.
    If you talk what they want it's fine. But if you sway and i.e. joke a bit or report what's up in IRC they take the piss and pull out the guns.
    Likewise, the Forum Cops want to hear just their vision, which is either completely bleak or completely overenthusiastic. And will flame on purpose not conforming posts till they get locked or moved to rants, knowing in advance how to manipulate to this end the moderators.

I used to post IRC transcripts and it's even painful because the IRC program can only copy and paste a sentence at a time.
    If fact the only ones who bother doing that are me and Aamer Kahn.
    I have been so much flamed, so much treatened, so much jabbed for doing this that I am stopping at once this "service" I was doing.
    Likewise after the latest channel cop flamed me up I am stopping on the IRC chats too.
    So much for the many willing to be informed. No one pays me for this hassle.
    And too many PMs and tells about me willing to play "know it all" just because I transcribe what's told by developers.
    Not to talk about the recent "harassment" event, where I copy and pasted what others said and decided and have been slapped in game and so heavily flamed on the forums that Dangit had to republish my transcript under his name.

After seeing newbies begging for spells I for extended periods of time on market, I used to tell to bring me the bricks and I'd make the spells for free.
    And since long time I used to make and store newbie spells at New Brommel.
    Lately I have been contacted way too many times about how I am so greedy and I rob the market to newbie spellcrafters and ruin the market making them free with materials given.
    So I am dropping all of this too not to hurt the precious sensibilities of those people.

And dropping spells III too since my price of 3s (2.5s for multiple spells) provoked fits enough to let me be publicly declared a sort of greedy thief.
    Maybe I should start making everything for free so the leeches can level up 2 tiers a day and cheap. And teach them how to exploit the open holes, which are still several.

And what about the old things, the pride of ICE, that is public buildings? Last time a dragon alt alone and level 30 is building the lava tube. With all the time and deaths involved for a level 30 in a tier V mobs place.
    And the simple mining? I get killed, the usual 100 x 5 uberped passes nearby and goes on. With no ress even if they could. Then after a while but only rarely a level 60 crafter passes and resses me, dodging golems that would toast him on place.
    Likewise when the said uberpeds understand that pulling 20 golems maybe is too much, they come at me (in craft scales and 0 armor) and sprint away and the golems aggro me and splat!
    And what about anchors? And the blighted stuff? No one but 2 or 3 I know will waste their precious time cleaning the blighed nodes, go to the good ones and will just leave them to me.

I could go on for hours, like i.e. why grouping (when someone bothers grouping me that is - I had a full grand total of three "spontaneous" invites since merge vs the 3 a day of before) when I cannot loot fast enough due to size and I am left without ANYthing?
    "but you already are given exp and hoard" is what I am told. Sure, useless exp for me capped at level 100 and an "hypothetic" hoard item that usually does not drop and even if it drops does not cover even what I spent in that hunt.

Or the dirty and community devastating techs V "event". Where I am contacted by tech mongers (they buy many techs to resell with gain) or backstabbing people that go: "I know I should give this to XX guildie but if you offerY it's yours".
    Plus the constant accusation of wanting to grab all techs IV and thus stab the tier IV crafters.
    Like we still have tier IV only crafters or that they can remotely afford up to 200s for a tech IV.

Or the constant harassment by dyslectic leeches ("pliz pliiiiiiz tkx gz yw m8"), the continuous leech-invites and those who raise them as a job or as a one-task guild.
    Or those who skip everything because they: "I got Paypal".

Of course, I will be told or I could convince me that all of this does not exist.
    I will be told to or I could leave the channels not to see the crap. I could put tons of people on ignore. I could leave the forums.

I should basically go in single player mode, blind and deaf to all.
    What an accomplishment for a massive multiplayer game.

Notice how in all of this I never mentioned the game (bugs or not) or the class balance.
    Because even the best game in the world is worth nothing with no good community.

So in the end...

- GEOS cancelled.
    - Spells I-III cancelled. Unless I am requested explicitly. And I will warn that I am a thief, a public enemyin advance.
    - IRC posts on the forums cancelled.
    - IRC excerpts on the in game chat cancelled. Too bad, they were talking about fixing the "too few hotbars" situation, but I "disturbed".
    - Newbie isle stocking cancelled.
    - Grouping with people cancelled.
    - Clearing anchors and nodes cancelled.
    - Autorenewal cancelled.

Every day for me is harder to log in and today for the first time I logged off after little time and don't feel any desire to relog in "game". Cooking my lunch gave me more satisfaction.

My massively gone guildies call me from other games, I logged in my old games and found old friends still here ready to help me "return".
    I urge all those who have open commissions or desire odd or rare teched scales to contact me as soon as possible.

I don't know for how much longer I will stay here. And, most of all, why.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Default Re: I feel like old and outdated, not ready for the bright future

Vahrokh,

We talked some time ago about HZ and how fun/unfun it is for us all.

I stand by what i said back then.
    I have NEVER, EVER seen ANYONE as unhappy in a game asyou mate.
    I have NEVER seen ANYONE trying so hard despite hating this game.
    I have NEVER seen ANYONE sticking by a class/race, in your case dragon, when you clearly dont enjoy how underpowered it is compared to a multiclassed biped.

I do not understand why you are constantly posting 5 pages worth of "essays" about things ingame, about a game, that you are NOT enjoying.

I dont get it.

You want to make spells for 1 copper each?
    Do so, let the cry-babies cry.

If you are enjoying action X, just do it..wtf man.
    Its a game.

Stop writing this long essays.
    All you had to do iswrite the following:

"I hate this game, i am moving out"

Hell, i might do the same soon.
    Gonna try a few first like WoW and a few more.
    But for now i am having fun being what i am...:)

Anikitos

P.S
    Even though i would hate to see you go away mate, i strongly believe its the best thing for you to do.
    Stop wasting your time bro and find a world where you can have fun WITHOUT writing 5 page essays....
    Anikitos

100 Warrior / 100 Cleric / 100 Shaman / 100 Guardian / 100 Monk / 100 Spiritist
    60 Druid / 40 Chaos Warrior / 36 Mage

What he says is true.. the atmosphere of unity has changed.
    It feels more and more like the only thing to do is just grind more lvls,
    and make as much cash as humanly possible to get the latest teched out gear..
    This has caused the said backstabbing that vahrokh speaks of..

I gave up on crafting weeks ago, nowdays i only gather materials if i get
    and order for spells, and those are far and few between.
    In all honesty , i can make tons more cash by just doing some adventuring (read tech farming on satyr).

And about the irc pasting in market, i dont see why this has to be a bad thing,
    very few of the ppl ingame hang out on Irc to see the converstations take part,
    whats so bad about interupting the usual "wts x forms / techs pst" spams for
    a few minutes to let ppl know what going on ? ..

Isair Maelowyn [Retired]

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh

After seeing newbies begging for spells I for extended periods of time on market, I used to tell to bring me the bricks and I'd make the spells for free.
    And since long time I used to make and store newbie spells at New Brommel.
    Lately I have been contacted way too many times about how I am so greedy and I rob the market to newbie spellcrafters and ruin the market making them free with materials given.
    So I am dropping all of this too not to hurt the precious sensibilities of those people.
    Vahrokh, and to those who feel it necessary to say that Vahrokh is ruining the market for newbie spellcrafters:

What newbie spellcrafters?

If they existed, and if they woke up every once in a while to realise that other low level players need what they can make, then high level crafters like Vahrokh wouldn't need to be occupied with low level spellcrafting at all.

To those saying Vahrokh is ruining the low level spellcrafting trade, he's willing to spend time at no profit making spells that a low level crafter should be making. He wouldn't have any requests if these low level spellcrafters would wake the hell up and get with the plot. And I'm sure he's got better things to do than craft Primal Bolt I...

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh

I used to post IRC transcripts and it's even painful because the IRC program can only copy and paste a sentence at a time.
    If fact the only ones who bother doing that are me and Aamer Kahn.
    I have been so much flamed, so much treatened, so much jabbed for doing this that I am stopping at once this "service" I was doing.
    Likewise after the latest channel cop flamed me up I am stopping on the IRC chats too.
    So much for the many willing to be informed. No one pays me for this hassle.
    And too many PMs and tells about me willing to play "know it all" just because I transcribe what's told by developers.
    Vahrokh, ignore the few whiners who didn't like the IRC copy-n-paste. As I remember, only one person complained about the IRC transcription, and at least four mentioned it was nice that someone was taking the trouble to pass the information on from IRC (which not many use) to the market channel (which lots of people use). And if people are sending tells, calling you a "know it all" or somesuch, then ignore the idiots, or name-n-shame them.

I'd agree, Unity is starting to get a bit messy. Maybe it's time to get the big boots on and to start kicking some buttock.

Start kicking korial , ill be right behind you ;)
    Isair Maelowyn [Retired]

SmallFluffyBunny

only Gradouble moaned, everyone else took the piss out of him [8-|]

Im always rather pleased to see your little IRC excerpts in the market channels Vahrok. I always relay them to guildchat instantly as they arent often on the channels.
    So, for what its worth, thanks.
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

If the Vahrokh is leaving, that is bad.

Vahrokh is great dragon, nice RP player, best crafter i ever know, and very responsible elder.

What is true, that after the merge, all fun is gone. Now everyone is so hasty and idea of satyr island is very bad, i stayed here for a while and get many expert forms and techs...another thing ruining the "spell" of the game.

I will pray for you.

Greetings!
    I am of two minds, I hate seeing people unhappy, and think that if the fun is no longer there, you should give it a break or just plain stop. But just know I would hate to see ya go.

At various times in the past you had made my 'ignore' list but you would eventually flesh out your ideas and post your consolidated thoughts and that would make a lot of sense and showed that you had indeed put thought into it as opposed to a generic kneejerk 'slamboy' rant. And so I started taking your posts seriously.

About the various situations, I think a lot of us feel the same way. I can offer no more encouragement than what the others have said. If they think you charge too much, well they shouldn't BUY from ya. And yet if they think you are 'ruining the market' for others by making lower level stuff, let THEM offer to make poor newbie their spells. Very often it's just a matter of them perceiving a loss of business to themselves or them just being a busybody.

At lower tier there is noone willing to take their time to make the things, and at higher tier the money is useless, since they can do better pawning T5 stuff or are busy grinding quickly to get there.

Anyways, If it sucks, stop. Come back if and when it is enjoyable to you. And feel free to ignore a lot of the folks who whine and moan, they are likely just pissing and moaning because they don't have anything else to do, much like many of us, but can't find a constructive way of expressing it. Since the merger I have managed to accumulate about 10 ignores whom have remained there, as opposed to just 2-3 that would be on ignore for a few days to let them 'cool down' or get over a particular rant. Aye... the world has changed.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

I am sad to see this happen Vah. I have had a period that I didn´t like the game but ever since the vault shrinked I have been hunting with friends having loads of fun.

Think about Snowy´s hatchling we helped thru the RoP. This was great and sure there are ppl that got started and in 2 days are adult and we all know who I am refering too.

The IRC transcripts I have always liked to read. GN doesn´t bother with letting us know these things and then a player like you atleast takes the effort to keep us informed which seem to be ruined by some moron.

About the T3 spells. If TM thinks you are greedy then let him make these spells for 2s . I have been answering questions for an hour to get just 1 T3 double teched spell made while you had them done in 5 to 10 min. And then I would like to pay the 3s. there are crafters that ask 10s for T3 spells so let them if they enjoy this. FREE CHOISE this is what every human has.

It´s not like someone is standing next to them with a fully loaded Glock 34 forcing them to buy.

Sure the leechers are a bad thing and we don´t have to take care of those. If ppl wanna leech let them cause they will be gone in 2 weeks - 2 months max because Hz would be way too easy.

Today i was with a group at the topaz fighting the best fight I might ever had and someone invited a lvl 22 warrior and both Hagen and I have kicked him out as he didn´t belong in this hunt. This is MY CHOISE. I have fun in this game because i choose to play in a way I like and if anybody doesn´t like this I could change it if it would be a friend but if it would be one of these moaning and whining ********* (fill in all of the nice words you can think of in any language) then let them take a hike. I am not going to let them ruin my game as should we all.

So Vahrokh my dear friend I have a request here and it´s your FREE CHOISE if you wanna do it or not and any of your decisions will be respected.

Please don´t let them ruin the game and just keep on going with the good things you always have been doing for our community.

This fiend is not going to let her game being dictated by some ******* that just don´t wanna put any effort in this game and i have decided to ignore any of them from now on.

PS

To prevent any of the nice harrasment ******** no I am not a female in real life I just decided I don´t wanna look at a male chars but the whole time I play this game so made me a female char.

Well what to say about this "issue" ...?

1.) The length and kind of your "5-page-essays" shows me that you love this game wholeheartedly. So do i. And as i do myself, i understand that you feel incontent with the game and want to (help) change it into better. "Brother" (in mind) - though there may be hard times, stay on your path - as i still believe that living the good way keeps up the good way.

2.) Sunuke is right. I had a _very_ intense and enjoying play-day. I had so much fun that i even couldn't get angry about that lvl 22-leecher that somehow made it into our group. I just kicked him and didn't care about him anymore. Was really simple :D

3.) The above mentioned fun was possible as i didn't care about my "to-do-list". I opened my mind and said "WTF, this is a game - enjoy yourself!" I didn't think a second about my filled (and -again- blocked) vault and gave not a single thought about my unfinished plot. Maybe we get the more "tense", the more possibilities we get.

So here is my "Tip of the day" - especially for you, my dear and most appreciated scaled friend.

Hang loose a bit!

Get yourself a joi.. - erm cigarette - a good glass of ...(fill in whatever you like).

Fly around and spend some time only joking on peeps. Maybe on the smelly old dorf named F***** [short tip here: he does not like snowballs. ;)) ]

Krun

I just came to the boards to see how HZ was doing. ( i left just before christmas for those that dont know me)
    It seems all the best people are leaving or have gone. My G/f who still has an active account (but canceled re-sub, and hardly plays anymore), confirmes that the old ICE spirit has gone.

I happily remember making lotstier Iitemto filling the newbie consiginers. I'd spend 1 day a week just making a bunch of stuff so some newbies could actually buy something. Every good ICE crafter seemed to do this from time to time, just to make sure new players could buy some starting kit, (or tools to make a start at crafting).

ICE market channel was always an open chat room that was occationally interuped with adverts, I believe its why it was so popular.

Vahrokhcanceling just shows how far the community has fallen.

I want to thank all those people that contacted me both in game and here showing that there is still some pride left in our shard.

I am still very undecided, though wether to stay or not. Or stay at least to see what good if anything ARoP will bring. Keep the good intentions.

And even if I decided to go, don't forget that I am writing all of this because I ******** much cared and want for the situation to improve before all the fun is spoiled away.

[hr]

For Krun

Hello mate, long time no see...
    Some day ago your wife telled me but I had been AFK and could not answer. Please take her all my blessings and to have fun wherever she is now.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Valid points there. One thing I don't understand though. Why do you care what the griefers and haters say about you? Just put the whole lot on ignore. They want you to stay quiet for their own selfish and greedy reasons. By doing that, you are playing into their hands. They are telling you "shut up!" and you are replying, "sir, yes sir!"

Keep doing what you have been doing. If the griefers get too loud for their own good, send stuff to support with logs attached. And I don't mean petitioning via GN, but go straight for the Man, and send them to AE/Tulga, of course clearly explaining it is about an EU harrassment case. Only if they fail to moderate their own ******** game, then you can throw up your arms in defeat. This is Artifact's game, and when they yell "jump!" GN asks, "how high, sir?!" if they want to keep their contracts.

That's my 0,02?.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

MMAI_ice

I have seen the good spirits somewhat drift away in every game i have played online for a long time.
    When you do nothing but play one game, day in day out, no wonder there are times when you just want to leave, quit, whatever.

About allowing other people to ruin "your" gameplay (assuming you play in a nice way where you dont step on 1000 toes doing so):
    Just ignore them (we have a feature for that), ignore posts about greed, about what you can and cant say in market, etc etc....

Do your thing, and be happy about it.
    And dont play this game becauseof whatitmight be in the future, but because what it is like today.

Alot of people are bored. Events are needed along the lines of the Dryad, Feladan, Satyr events etc. They helped forge our community on the old shards and so far we have not had a great deal of help in forging a new community on Unity. It all seems very fragmented. Not much of a feeling of togetherness survives except in-guild.

But all is not lost. I have met alot of new folks and made some new friends and acquaintances. We just need something more to bring everyone together.
    Orophin Eluch - Elf

Disappeared without a trace....

But we do have events.

We have been hunting anchors with ppl we don´t even know and neverhunted with before, isn´t that forging our community. The problem is just with the ppl that only wanna rant and not take part of our community.

ppl that feel the need to whine at the ppl trying to give the lower lvl players a fair chance to get for example spells

Snowy

I can only agree to that what is said in this post.
    Vah i know you now since you was a little cute Hatchling (Please dont bite me now[:P])
    You are one of the best players i know and if you will leave the game it will be a great lost to a dieing community

I know the feeling quite well and often was my short bevor leaving this place forever but came back as there are still real great ppl i would miss

And about those that say you ruin the market for newbie crafters they should start a new char and try to get spells/gear without asking the crafters they know (just with consigner and low crafters) and see how far they go (just tried it some days ago)

About leechers i cant speak as Snowy is invis to most since reaching 100 alchemist (to many tells about can you make me t1 potions of spellcraft and such.... or ppl that want to get 100 potions for 10c each and such.....)

Sorry if my writing is bit confusing [8-)]
    Greetings Snowy of Ice (Sadly now Unity as i miss the old comunity feeling we got)

Sunuke if you think the Blight Anchors event is a good event you are sadly mistaken. The kind of event we need is something that is action packed from beginning to end and not every now and then when the mobs pop up.
    Orophin Eluch - Elf

Disappeared without a trace....

Thread Information