Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GN dead? bankrupt? gone?

Default GN dead? bankrupt? gone?

hmpf

ok Luca is gone, posting nothing new since 1 month (or longer?)

any news about this dying company?

or maybe an official statement about this

the majority (i heard of) are fed up with GN and their lack of service and communication

ok im not happy too but maybe GN is planning a come back?

want to set up ONE Worldmaster

want to set up some quests? even if they are easy like the last ive seen (find the lost Guy in the mountains)

Default Re: GN dead? bankrupt? gone?

I have spoken to Chris T about GN and i have requested any new information about Gn to be passed on to me so i can make a forum sticky for you all :)

Right now all we can do is stick together as 1 community, have hunts together instead of only sticking to hunts with guild members for example.

Build as a community for example the Lava Tube we are going to work on saturday.

These are just a few examples of what we can do.

And let GN then dig their own grave. I think it really doesn´t matter how many times we all complain about it in here. The only sollution I see is to let David Bowman know as much as possible about these things.

yes and i hope AE knows what happens there

its a real frustrating thing what we experience with GN :(

OH AE know about our problems with GN so does Chris T, i hope to hear something soon(tm)

i asked chris for this info too, but i get the same silence as we get form gn (i have gotten reply's from chris about something else)

can people in irc keep bugging ae/tulga for this info, i try to get in there as often as i can but thats not often :(

i might have gotten an answer cos it was in pm and i explained who i was i cannot be sure

I think we all need to know whats going on..
    Good to know ur on it tho dem ;)

But doesnt it just feel like they dont really care anymore?..
    No info, exepct "server offline for maint"... "sever is now online" on the login
    page.. is this all they do these days, reboot server twice a week? :p
    Isair Maelowyn [Retired]

Waiting also some news from GN or AE on unity status and how things are going to be like in the next month(s).

Agree with what you are saying Isair
    Got a ticket dropped on the 10th of last december...
    Of course there is holidays but it will be soon nearly 1 month now it has been dropped and any answer yet [:^)].

Still a link to the tazoon board (asking myself if they know what happened....[8-)][:S])
    and the last news except maintenances
    Corporate News: Horizons Statement 18/06/2004 And the patch notes we asked....Not a word[:(]
    (...)
    Don't know what to think of all this[:S]

We are totally screwed as euro players anyways GN owns our characters so dont hope to escape from their hands . GN is just running the stuff so we cant attack them on court and are well protected by the EULA we can just sit and cry wont change anything. Only thing we can hope is a mass agro of italian players attacking GN in Milan and taking over the computers lol wish I had hack skills like in good old movie " Wargames " to hack in their systems at least i know how to make a web page more dynamic than <text></text>
    Ishar Xhaan => Ishar_Wind Xhaan => Imrryr Xhaan Lunus Destroyer
    and his biped slave KalTorak XhaanSlave Ice Disciple
    == Ancient Order Of Istarian Knights ==

Posted a support ticket Nov 17th 2004. This is a major support issue (invisible barrier surrounding the town of Jeanne) not had a reply since Dec 17th when and I quote
    [/quote]Hello,

we appliex a fix today that should have fixed most of the bugged plots, could you please confirm us that yours is working now?

Best regards.[/quote]

What did this tell me?

a) They didnt read my support ticket fully

and

b) They havnet the decency to even reply to me stating that it wasnt fixed. Even if its to say they have passed problem onto AE would be nice.

Having read on the login page a similar thing (when the fix was applied) asking people who still have problems to file tickets I did so. Filed a new one referencing my old one. Suprise suprise it was closed with no reply.
    Bleri McThrust - Dwarf
    Unity - Formerly Ice

So.. they do take the time to close tickets, but cant be arsed to answer them?..
    Gee, thats nice..
    Isair Maelowyn [Retired]

you destroyed the Forum layout [:@][6][:@][6][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]
    ^^

Ex-Moderator
    Lauryav|Unity| Lvl 100 Wizard- Lvl 8x Mage - Lvl 82 Weaver

Vindra

Well, paid up front 'til June 05 already - but still all this makes WoW all the more interesting to me.. When it's due in Europe? End of January or so? Guess there will be a lot less players on Unity as soon as it is available..

From what is known from other games, the database für Unity should be property of GN. It's the same deal for the german version of Anarchy Online - German Provider handles all database cleaning, account managing etc. though one is able to play transatlatic there nonetheless.
    Right now, I don't think HZ in Europe brings in any cash for GN - so they keep it up on a "minimal cost" base. I don't think we should lay our hopes on Tulga to find a good way to clear this problems for us - there's just to few players on Unity to make them really care.. I expect the Unity server to get closed sooner or later - as soon as cost get's higher than income. Which means: as soon as WoW is available, the player base gets even smaller and long term accounts end and are not renewed.
    What then will happen with the database one can only imagine. If there's no regulation for that case in contracts, I guess GN will just pull the plug and scratch the data to put some dirty movies on their servers.. at least, that's what I would expect after the "care" already shown by GN to the players on the Euro Servers..

Not everyone falls for the Wow hype..
    I for one, hope this gets sorted, that either Gn shapes up or Ae/tulga takes over..
    Id like to see the promised content, i want to experience the improved client..
    Because i think this game has alot of potentiall..
    Isair Maelowyn [Retired]

hmm are you sure that GN owns our chars and the DB? i dont think that but it would be very interesting to know it true

Vindra

Quote Originally Posted by Isair

Not everyone falls for the Wow hype..
    I for one, hope this gets sorted, that either Gn shapes up or Ae/tulga takes over..
    Id like to see the promised content, i want to experience the improved client..
    Because i think this game has alot of potentiall..
    Potential it had since the beginning.. 12 months of waiting for delivery though - and I'm not the only one getting a bit tired of waiting, I guess. Yes, I too would like to see promised content delivered - and my account runs 'til June 05.
    Nonetheless I will take a look at WoW to see if the reports in those Game Magazines were just hype - which I don't think they are.
    Aye, WoW might be a lot easier than HZ, as some people from the US already complained. But, to be true, as a non-powerplayer, easy doesn't mean "bad" to me.
    And I DO think, that Unity will be even more deserted, as soon as WoW hits the shelves. EQ II already did takea big bite out of the population. 500 people online each night during the "high tide" times - between 18:00 and 01:00 GMT - means there's not that many active players left in HZ Europe right now.
    People I meet online fall in three categories:
    - lvl 100 rating 100+ ones.. that are to stubborn to go away *g*
    - small alts, from people like me, trying out different professions
    - some few new players, doing the 7-day / 30-day tryouts..

Many of the last don't stay. And a couple of the first and second get a bit bored, with not much change and absolutely no information from GN about what's supposed to go on.

Well, I DO think a lot of people will fall for the "WoW Hype"
    I mean, HZ even lost players to a game like Ryzom.. so what do you expect WoW will do to the HZ population...

From what i read all over , and logically, yes GN owns our characters . But on an other hand even if they lose money with the game I dont know what deal they made with AE maybe they have to keep running the game.
    What bothers me most is I asked like 10 times in general forums, in tazoon or here what was going on now that AE theorically dont exist and Tulga took over, as the AE/GN deal is supposed to be void now and no one ever answered, I think Demelza also personaly asked chris t and didnt get any answer neither.
    And strangely when I read the numbers for cash flow on november ( I am 100%unsure these numbers areaccurate or even close to it ), it didn't mention any cash in other than subscriptions, and logically GN should pay AE for the game so I dont really understand what is going on, but what I understand clearly is that GN is the worst game provider I ever heard of.
    Ishar Xhaan => Ishar_Wind Xhaan => Imrryr Xhaan Lunus Destroyer
    and his biped slave KalTorak XhaanSlave Ice Disciple
    == Ancient Order Of Istarian Knights ==

I am one of those who stayed and will stay till the end, I guess. Many times the end of hz has been pessimistically expected in the near future, but still it is stumbling along. I think aside from the monetary issue (which is of course important) another issue is also interesting when GN or AE or whoever decides whether to keep the european player base or not. To shut off a shard and leave many longtime players with nothing would create a reputation for failure which even surpasses the one GN already has. Anyone who will learn about this will be very reluctant to do any further business with them. So (as paradoxical as it may seem to us, who see them already in the worst possible light) they have to fear image loss.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

either way creek and paddle spring to mind

i havent heard anythign else from chris yet but hes not been on irc, or maybe the boards i dont know

however the flipside is, if chris doesnt yet know anything then chances are we wont either :)

Thread Information