Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: your thoughts on the flight speed boost

Default your thoughts on the flight speed boost

In my opion this new ablity how it is set up is not worth it all to use. If im already flying I need to land, stop cast ablity then take off, which takes a sec to get in the air and eats up two secs of your time, so now in the air you have 18 secs of flight speed boost. so by time the flight spped boos is over I really have gained no extra distant if I would had continue to fly and not land to cast the ablity.

My thoughts is please let this ablity be cast while flying, or add 2 secs to the ablity to compsinate for the fact that we loss time in the flight take off process.

Default Re: your thoughts on the flight speed boost

first off we got 85 base speed and last i knew the sprint was supposed to be removed. granted id love it left there and care less about casting on the ground i can see immesurable uses for it and can understand if the devs remove it as they stated that was the plan but id be happy if it stayed too its not huge or unbalancing but can be a very nice ability used wisely and well.

If the devs remove it aww well but dont see why its an issue personally. any Devs want to post on this subject and oh yeah fix my useless (atm) fangs crystal plz its nice you added the delay and all which pleased many til we have to choose it or WD

yes, please fix the deadlands / fang crystal stacking issues first. :)

as for the air speed boost. im pretty sure they didnt make it useable while in the air due to other issues, like it might unlock the ability to recall, or cast spells/abilities while flying. something they really dont want hehe. so they had to make us land first. it's also another reason they decided on an overall speed boost instead of the sprint. i expect them to remove the ability as well.

This page intentionally left blank.

i like the flight speed boost because i like to go fast while in the air. its a cool ability i mean archers get speed boosts even though its passive its still a speed boost. [Y]

(little of topic from the speed boost now)
    as for the crystals they are working on them to make them stackable with WD crystals last i heard.[:#]
    100/96/21 32.2 mill hoard Killer 87% socializer 47% explorer 40% achiever 40%

I had a little idea that I thought would be cool, using the Drulkar's Wings ability.

If they are going to take it away anyway, what would be really cool is if an ability like it would fire off every time we launched, essentially giving us that "from rest" boost.

You launch with wings rested, flying fast for a short ways, and then slow down to settle into a long term, sustainable flight speed.

The problem is that people would abuse it by taking off and landing every 20 seconds, so it would have to have a 10-minute cool-down timer somehow enforced. Maybe you would have to spend 5-20 minutes on the ground "resting" for it to fully recharge.

Would probably be easier to leave it in, because that is the only way it can be used anyway at present.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

wait - I thought on the updated stats Manga posted they had removed the sprint ability altogether and made up for it by raising our base flight speed to 85?

Are you saying they raised the base flight speed and kept the sprint too? I understood the sprint was now out.

It is still given as a reward. Used it yesterday.

That doesn't mean it won't go away sometime soon, but I don't see the need to bother. Not like it is useful for anything other than a high-speed post-launch flight, since we still cannot use abilities in flight.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

just want to remind every one one there is already a thread on the fang of fury crstlyes so please go make your comments there[:@]. this thread is on the flight speed burst

Phar i like your idea you had making the spped boost be passive when you take off. And if the speed boost timer is on a 5 min timer dont see how it can get abused. sure poeple will land and reuse it but that is what it is there for when im on the ground I use sprint when ever it is charged up.

or lower the speed boost make it plus 20 and have it only be for 10 secs and is triggered every time we take off?

The flight speed burst ability was meant to be removed, but was overlooked. It may just be left in, though we're not planning to automate it.

thanks for the response smeglor,

I dont think any dragons would mind if you live it in[:)]

Smeglor thanks on the reply. I love the 85 base and if the sprint is left in thanks to the team for that we all will appreciate it. I as said above was surprised it was still there but its nice and ive used it a few times and even escaped with my life once!

Its a nice ability despite its limitations and i cant ever refuse an extra ability :).

PS if you get final word on its status wed love to hear it here!

Quote Originally Posted by Smeglor
    The flight speed burst ability was meant to be removed, but was overlooked. It may just be left in, though we're not planning to automate it.
    Please leave the Drulkar's Wing's fly sprint in the game. Its so much fun being able to fly really fast for short periods of time after taking off. Gives that ZOOM feeling.[:D][:D][:P][:P][Y] From an RP perspective it could be left in as someone else stated: When your wings are rested (on the ground), you are able to take off and flap really fast for an initial but short-lived burst of speed.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Smeglor wrote:The flight speed burst ability was meant to be removed, but was overlooked. It may just be left in, though we're not planning to automate it.

Please leave the Drulkar's Wing's fly sprint in the game. Its so much fun being able to fly really fast for short periods of time after taking off. Gives that ZOOM feeling.[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img] From an RP perspective it could be left in as someone else stated: When your wings are rested (on the ground), you are able to take off and flap really fast for an initial but short-lived burst of speed.
    I hope it stays. I'm starting to like a little boost to fly a bit faster[;)]

same it's only usefull for escaping casters though so i mostly use it any time i take offf rather than for escape

I would rather replace the flight speed boost by a lower cost Rez
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniade
    I would rather replace the flight speed boost by a lower cost Rez
    The rez is a one hour cycle anyway. Not like you will be burning much hoard with it.

I say leave them both as is.

thx Smeg...id like it to stay, even as is its nice...more a thing while yer craftin imo...yer on the ground anyway right? ;-) boost over to the machine or whatever...im likin that idea.
    Soaring the skies of Istaria every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Dragoniade wrote:I would rather replace the flight speed boost by a lower cost Rez
    The rez is a one hour cycle anyway. Not like you will be burning much hoard with it.
    I say leave them both as is.
    Oh yeah. I forgot. I wanted to say: A lower cost and recycle.

I wasn't aware the fly sprint was still in.

Since there's nothing to run away from in the air, and since you have to land to cast it, it seems to me like it isn't worth much. As was said, I guess it makes for a faster takeoff but that would be it.

As far as I'm concerned they should feel free to get rid of it. It wasn't supposed to be in at all since they gave us the permanent fly speed increase instead (which is MUCH more useful).

If they do decide to get rid of it I suggest they do it quickly, before people get used to having it and startthinking of it as something they're entitled to as opposed to a bug. It would probably be best to explain that the fly speed increase was put in instead as a more practical alternative but it's an ALTERNATIVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Goriax
    I wasn't aware the fly sprint was still in.

Since there's nothing to run away from in the air, and since you have to land to cast it, it seems to me like it isn't worth much. As was said, I guess it makes for a faster takeoff but that would be it.

As far as I'm concerned they should feel free to get rid of it. It wasn't supposed to be in at all since they gave us the permanent fly speed increase instead (which is MUCH more useful).

If they do decide to get rid of it I suggest they do it quickly, before people get used to having it and startthinking of it as something they're entitled to as opposed to a bug. It would probably be best to explain that the fly speed increase was put in instead as a more practical alternative but it's an ALTERNATIVE.
    You have to be on the ground to be able to activate it? That's stupid. Before the casting animation ends, you take off and actually get enough height before being able to use it sucessfully, the timer is nearly off. Because, flight sprint when you're 3 meters off the ground isn't much different than normal sprint, except you waste a lot of time before using it.

Thread Information