Thread: Reset characters

Default Reset characters

Reset all characters levels to 1.

Do not take anything away money or items from them.

Then set it so that your first school can be 100, your next can be 80, your next can be 60 etc.. This way players are not a 1 man group.

This will also give time to work on mobs and AROP as everyone will have to begin anew.

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

Default Re: Reset characters

Quote Originally Posted by IndyMan
    This will also give time to work on mobs and AROP as everyone will have to begin anew.
    Ha! I think everybody would be gone if they had to start from the beginning.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    i refuse to be reset in doing so would suck i have played my charector for 1 year now and if i lost everything i really worked for i would be forced to quit (armr and items are meaningless in that respect) besides what if you brought a class to level 100 and could only wear level 71 armr so you take ona class that gets 10 armr use per level and cant get it above 80? besides you wanna see the end gfame feeling come fast implament that whare everyone sucks....the only rae the wouldent be entirely murderd would be dragons and i dought anyone would want to be reset....no faster way ti kill the game i can think of then doing that
    (i dont belive in esetting charectors after it going live and being live for a year)also i think they even have it say on blight that they will do there best to avoid massive charector wipes
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketsup
    Ssafire-lvl 100 Cleric, 100 Bloodmage, 100 Mage, 100 Druid, 90 Monk, Saris
    Safiretalon-lvl 66 dragon adventurer, lvl 32 dragon crafter, lvl 14 dragon lairshaper.
    Guild: Dark Defenders
    Horizons player since: December 21st 2003

I'm sorry, but there is no way this side (or that side for that matter) of HELL that I would stay with HZ if my toons where reset to 1. 'Starting over' isn't the answer. there's still a TON of quests thatcan be done.. you just need to find them. There's still plunty of things to go. Though I do understand that 90% of that is level grinding.But NO to reset.
    AKA Maguai, PogoWolf (Chaos)
    www.PogoWolf.com / www.GamersVue.com
    [/RIGHT]

This section is for suggestions on how to improve the game and make it better for all involved. Suggestions intended to drive away the playerbase and force AE out of business should be submitted through the VN boards.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

gopher65

hehehehe Laughing good one:D

In hindsight it would have been a good way for the game to have worked from
    the beginning. Too late for something that drastic now. Very little can be done
    to limit anything that isn't already limited because it will drive away players.

Too bad they didn't know they needed these limits a year ago, but that is the way it goes.

Then set it so that your first school can be 100, your next can be 80, your next can be 60 etc.. This way players are not a 1 man group.

This must be by far the dumbest idea ive seen, did you ever stop and thought this trough before you posted ? This would be the same as the devs saying we have decided not to develop this game any further.. Do you know how many would cansel their subscriptions..im not waisting more typing on this post [6]
    100 Warrior |100 Guardian |100 Healer
    Unity [former Ice]

wich one would you pick ?

Tahrl

I like the idea, but it would cause too many people to have to change their style of play. It might work if there weresome way to leech exp from anNPC though.

*edit
    Am I honestly the only one that sees the humor in the original post?

It would be funny if the original poster wasn't serious but they are, for me this idea ranks somewhere below letting Microsoft buy the company.

25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Dunno, given that they will probably be out of business anyway for good because of letting the problems get way way way out of hand (broken game systems tend to do that, ya know), it is a valid concept to shut the game down, refactor it, and re-release it, giving previous subscribers some form of balanced compensation for their previous accomplishments.

Would it suck? Sure. No one likes losing anything they worked (erm.. this is a game, so "played" fits better) hard for. However, between seeing Horizons slip beneath the surface for the last time and starting over, I would happily choose the latter.

Hopefully, Tulga will hire some new, ingenius game management personnel who will be able to accomplish a turnaround without a complete shutdown and reset.

Miracles can happen ("Miracle builds" notwithstanding).

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

I like the idea, for the most part. Allow all characters to "spend" their XP into rebalanced classes with some sort of multiclassing limit (and higher and higher cost). For example, levels havingcost factors - primary class is normal XP cost, secondary class is 2x XP cost, third class is 4x XP, fourth would be 8x, fiftth would be 16x. Remove the weak AR factoring and lower the overly generous multiple monster XP bonus.

Oh, this is after they do what I suggested in the Evolution Engine post - http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=23906
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Old timers who are staying with the game and who aren't dragons are probably staying because they (1) have friends in game, and (2) have a lot of time and effort invested in their characters.

If AE were to do a reset, it might kill the game for a lot of old timers who invested time into their characters. Many of those players will leave.

On the other hand, I can see the advantage of the proposal. Right now, the game is unbalanced due to powerleveling on places like Elnath, resulting in overpowered bipeds with ridiculously high ratings. The reset proposed by the first poster would bring those overpowered bipeds back down to a more reasonable level. I interpret the first poster's proposal to really only affect very high level characters with multiple classes at high levels. Players at intermediate and low levels, or players with only one class would not be affected.

Still, there is no point in implementing this sort of thing without first solving the cause of the problem. Otherwise, after the reset players who stayed would immediately regain their levels at Elnath negating any benefit the reset would have caused.

Rather than having this type of reset, I think it would be better for AE to first solve the cause of the powerleveling (Elnath multi-mob abuse) and then raise the level cap. Hopefully when the level cap is raised it will open up some significant new benefits to make adventuring worthwhile again.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

oh fire come on your guilty of PLing people with mithril golems... dont deny it either ;P
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketsup
    Ssafire-lvl 100 Cleric, 100 Bloodmage, 100 Mage, 100 Druid, 90 Monk, Saris
    Safiretalon-lvl 66 dragon adventurer, lvl 32 dragon crafter, lvl 14 dragon lairshaper.
    Guild: Dark Defenders
    Horizons player since: December 21st 2003

[:#]

You can reset my toons to lvl 1... if you refund all the money I've paid to play since March of 2004.

IndyMan?... you want a lvl 1 toon... go play WoW or EQ2 [:P]
    As a Cleric of Harden I am duty bound to teach you his ways.
    or kill you trying!

Thread Information