Thread: Fix Food, Fast!

Default Fix Food, Fast!

One of the principal problems with food is that it gets rid of DP penalties on the back end.

What, really is the difference between a DP fading 8 hours from now and 7 hours from now?

People are just going to leave and come back when it's gone, assuming that it shapes their behavior at all.

Over 90% of the food my confectioner makes and puts on connies or taverns comes back unpurchased. What's the point? Nobody wants it, they either ignore the DP penalties or just sleep em off.

It would make food MUCH more attractive if food negated DP penalties on the front end, for 3-6 minutes each feeding and with the same limitations (one meal/ten minutes for maximum effect) and would require very little programming to accomplish.

Show the confectioner class some love and make food meaningful, eh AE?

Default Re: Fix Food, Fast!

correct me if I'm wrong, if you consume a 3 min food it takes 3 min off your DP timer at the time of use, yes?

25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Not sure what you are suggesting here.. is it to take away time from death penalty instead of time on death points ??

If so, i think the devs wont listen, cause death penalty is the one and only punishment for getting killed in this game.. death points isnt really the penalty they just decide the time for the penalty.. so having a food taking away death penalty if you eat like 10 foods.. isnt the best idea, then there wouldnt really be a penalty for dieing at all..

dunno if i misunderstood your intentions, but just quit playing cause too tired [|-)]
    100 Warrior |100 Guardian |100 Healer
    Unity [former Ice]

wich one would you pick ?

I believe that the first poster is suggesting having food reduce the death point penalty rather than the death point timer.

The problem with this suggestion is that the death point penalty is already too weak, offering little deterrent to getting killed. Without a need for self-preservation there isn't much sense of danger.

However, I admit that food as it stands seems pretty worthless. Perhaps a better solution might be to have food grant some minor buffs when eaten in addition to its current benefits.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

I think you better check some things out first.

A FULL Death Point can be removed in 40 mins if you have enough food. THAT is the conviniency of food.

Death Penalty cannot be dispelled. Thus, it would not be able to be removed using food.

If this were to go ahead (which I highly doubt), there would actually be no penatly for dying. Just make sure you're mates with your local Confectioner and you're fine.

FYI: I know of many Confectioners who put food on Taverns, particularly in Aug Outlands, and come back the next day with all of it sold. That's when they put 2000+ pieces of food on it.

Food is fine the way it is.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Food is great. When you have 13dps or even more, it will take a long time for these to fade.
    If you get enough food you can remove them after one night.

At order food is selling fast. taverns that had more than 100 of each kind got almost empty by the next day.

What is needed are t5 forms and more kinds with different buffs and uses.

Never used food myself since I don't accrue huge numbers of death points. However, reading some of these posts from those who do, it sounds like food is working fine as is and no change is needed.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

fire i find the level penalty to be a pain myself...and yes ive given up on taverns
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketsup
    Ssafire-lvl 100 Cleric, 100 Bloodmage, 100 Mage, 100 Druid, 90 Monk, Saris
    Safiretalon-lvl 66 dragon adventurer, lvl 32 dragon crafter, lvl 14 dragon lairshaper.
    Guild: Dark Defenders
    Horizons player since: December 21st 2003

My suggestion is that the food would be better with its effect on the front end rather than the back end.

Currently, if I eat one piece of food immediately after suffering a DP, it takes effect 7 hours and fifty-something minutes from now. Sure, the counter is decremented now, but changing my state of <Having a DP> to <NOT Having a DP> doesn't happen until early tomorrow, maybe.

Every other potion, spell, or item takes effect immediately. (multi-second delays nonwithstanding)

What I'm suggesting is that the DP still lingers for 8 hours, but eating allows you a 3-6 minute reprieve from the ill effects. (immediately upon consumption) Consecutive portions of food within a ten minute window have reduced values, just like the current model.

So if you're in the middle of a hunt and you get rezzed, you can wolf down a snack, buy yourself a few minutes of good hunting to try to get a little payback on whatever smacked you down in the first place.

Also, it would be much better if rather than being completely ineffective, foods would have diminished results for characters rated higher than the food.

It makes very little sense to have ambrosia go from awesome to useless in one level.

It's very tough to be a T1 confectioner because your food only works on people from levels 11 to 20. Below 10 and they don't have any use whatsoever for standard foods. Above 20 and T1 food won't work at all...

Some new types of foods that works more like potions would be interessting to see..

Coffe +5
    Mocca +10 speed
    Black java for higher lvls +15 speed

oki maybe not the best name choises.. i dont know but would be nice to have some foods that changed stats, not just the death point timer.. [C]

100 Warrior |100 Guardian |100 Healer
    Unity [former Ice]

wich one would you pick ?

whare did potions get mixed in with food? alchemisist make potions and confectioners make food but i see the isea of food killing penalty too and i like it
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketsup
    Ssafire-lvl 100 Cleric, 100 Bloodmage, 100 Mage, 100 Druid, 90 Monk, Saris
    Safiretalon-lvl 66 dragon adventurer, lvl 32 dragon crafter, lvl 14 dragon lairshaper.
    Guild: Dark Defenders
    Horizons player since: December 21st 2003

cattoy. I don't think you understand food. It is not just one piece of food that rules them all. You can have many many many pieces of food and eat them consecutively and each time they will have the same effect (until you have eaten all the types of foods, and then wait 10 mins and start again).

Try contacting your local Confectioner (or yourself, if you are one) and make EVERY piece of food that suits your lvl.

As I said before, you can remove a FULL Death Point in a matter of 40 mins. Set up a hotkey that eat every piece of food in your inventory (make sure you have every piece of food in your inventory at the time of pressing the hotkey) and press it every 10 mins. Problem solved.

Food is fine the way it is. Too fine, if anything.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

I seem to remember a similar post on these boards . . . anyway, waiting for AE for follow through on a developer posting on Tazoon.

As I recall, they were going to make the Death Penalty worse (more so than the 40% or so hit on statistics) so confectioner made food would be more valuable.

Did that ever happen? I wouldn't know as I try not to have more than 4 death points.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

As a 100 conf food works okay not great i think the times need to be adjusted. read the chaos herald shard report for my thoughts on the confectioner trade skill
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

Thread Information