Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wish cancelled

Default Wish cancelled

From what I read, due to projected lack of subscribers to sustain itself.

So may be best to listen to yours TulgAE.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Default Re: Wish cancelled

good riddence to a terrible game and economy
    yes I was in the last 3 stages of beta and could not make myself

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

its so nice to know there are always people who will be happy at the downfall and sorrow of others

makes me feel so nice that people can dance on others graves

mm, lovely

FR, it's natural selection.

Were you in the last 3 betas ? I was.
    Did you see people who had suggestions for improvemtns get slammed by blind fans ? I did.

A gaming company that listens only to it's most vocal fans, when the fanbase is only in the few thousands, is likely to not make the cut. Negative comments on a game CAN be of help. Those who have them likely are interested in the game and just want some fun added to it.

I drop in to look at this game to see if the devs have decided to do just a couple things to get me to fork over the monthly fee.

From a graphical standpoint, Horizons blew them out of the water.

I agree Frith-Rae.I was in beta's 1.5 and 2.0, and although I didn't get to play Wish as much as I would have liked, I still saw that Wish hada lot of potential at being a great gamethat many players could enjoy. There were things I liked about it and things I didn't, but overall I thought it would have been a great addition to the MMORG industry. I feel for all the people who was looking forward to playing this game in the future, possibly even myself, and wish them well in their continued search for the right MMORG for them.

There are alwaysthose out therethat will dance on the graves of other games and those that are on the verge of falling,because they didn't like it, or becuase they believe their game is the best in the entire world and can't possibly fathom why someone would want to play something other then what they do,.... there isn't much anyone can do to make them care about how anyone else might feel about the situation. They will continue to act like selfish little inconsiderate children they are.

So, goodluck to all you Wish fans, I feel your pain andWish you the best in your current and futureMMORG search.

- The Paladin is the Judge, the Jury and Executioner!
    - Zarcharien Justice - Lvl 100 Paladin & 71 Armorer
    - "Evil can only triumph, if Good stands by and does nothing."

On the betaboards, they said it was due to technical issues. Which is not that impossible, considering how bad performance in major towns like Merritonwas. Maybe their engine was not that good in supporting tenthousands of users on the same server [:(]. All in all, I liked Wish a lot. Sure, some things still need fixing and tweaking (like NPCs running out of cash), but besides that, the concept was great.

It's very sad that wish got cancelled [:'(] Now if AE could implement some of the stuff from wish.... (pets, skill limitations, ...)[*-)]

Dvergar Blutaxt @ Unity (former ICE) / Paladin 97 - Mason 100 // before hibernation

As soon as I heard it a just knew we would get a fly zapper joke from woody.

http://www.gucomics.com/
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

the developers of WISH knew the game couldn't compete. There was simply to much wrong to fix and not enough time and money. I credit them for being able to admit that it just wasn't going to work. If they decide to ever have another go at a game I will look at it because they were honest with the playerbase and were very responsive. They had the makings to be the BEST player orientated Dev in the MMO market.

If AE had been as honest with themselves and the playerbase back in beta this game too would not be around.

I am sorry they withdrew, but at least they did this, knowing that things were not going well for them , whether it be the playerbase or the technology issues. I wouldnt tout a gladness, but at the same time, I would not be a customer of wish either.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae
    its so nice to know there are always people who will be happy at the downfall and sorrow of others
    I don't think anyone is actually happy, Frith-Rae. I feel sad for the MR employees that were staking their livelihood on Wish's success. I hate seeing anyone laid off, and now everyone at MR has an axe hanging over their heads.

I suspect the cause was the number of people who were so turned off by the interface & the frustration of getting started that they quit the beta. Clearly, most people play betas to play free, not to test. If the game had problems keeping people who were playing for free, the outlook for player conversion at release could not be good.

Regardless, I hope the MR employees impacted by this decision fare well in their coming job search, and I wish them all the best of luck.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

I don't play betas just because they are free. However, I draw the line when an interface just doesnt feel right for me. I will invest my time if things are ok, if not, then I will not waste my time otherwise.

WISH had its rough edges, but the game had a great basing. For those who are into an immersive enviroment, WISH did an excellent job. While many bash the graphics, the only reason the graphics 'sucked' was because of low res textures and the lack of a fog to gradient the clip plane. The graphics engine was far superior to horizons and I had MUCH better performance with WISH than Horizonswith my graphics maxed outin WISH.

The UI needed work, but a UI is not all that hard to redo, especially considering the UI had plenty of functionality it simply had an ugly look to it.

In many ways WISH had already accomplished what Horizons has tried to for ages. It had REAL live content where your actions actually mattered and you were either punished for ignoring it or rewarded for defeating it. There was none of this 'avoiding theconsequence is your reward'. There was adventurer loot yet crafters still played the most important part in that area. There were pets, mounts, and the skill system made it fun to go out and just adventure, rather than grind out experience points. It made it fun for low level players because they could still help out in a raid, even if their impact was minimal, and been just as effective with their time as if they had gone hunting.

On the forums, Devs actually talked with you and really took your ideas to heart, even discussing them with you throughout the day in a very timely manner.

WISH had alot going for it. It is unfortunate that some penpusher accountant shut it down because it wasnt going to be the next Everquest.

I will say though above all else, I had fun when I went adventuring in WISH, and thats a lot more than I can say for Horizons.
    Vesuvius Veix
    100/100 Dragon of Order with 26+ Million Hoard
    Officer of the Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    "Why am I cynical you ask? Because I have been given little to make me feel otherwise."

Quote Originally Posted by Vesuvius
    While many bash the graphics, the only reason the graphics 'sucked' was because of low res textures and the lack of a fog to gradient the clip plane. The graphics engine was far superior to horizons and I had MUCH better performance with WISH than Horizonswith my graphics maxed outin WISH.
    I don't know why ppl are so picky on graphics. I liked the graphics in wish a lot. But maybe, thats due to the fact that I grew up on the C-64 andAmiga, and I'm used to a very different kind of graphics (Bards Tale, Ultima, Dungeon Master, Ambermoon, ...).
    Dvergar Blutaxt @ Unity (former ICE) / Paladin 97 - Mason 100 // before hibernation

Dranar

WISH had its rough edges, but the game had a great basing. For those who are into an immersive enviroment, WISH did an excellent job. While many bash the graphics, the only reason the graphics 'sucked' was because of low res textures and the lack of a fog to gradient the clip plane. The graphics engine was far superior to horizons and I had MUCH better performance with WISH than Horizonswith my graphics maxed outin WISH.

The UI needed work, but a UI is not all that hard to redo, especially considering the UI had plenty of functionality it simply had an ugly look to it.

In many ways WISH had already accomplished what Horizons has tried to for ages. It had REAL live content where your actions actually mattered and you were either punished for ignoring it or rewarded for defeating it. There was none of this 'avoiding theconsequence is your reward'. There was adventurer loot yet crafters still played the most important part in that area. There were pets, mounts, and the skill system made it fun to go out and just adventure, rather than grind out experience points. It made it fun for low level players because they could still help out in a raid, even if their impact was minimal, and been just as effective with their time as if they had gone hunting.

On the forums, Devs actually talked with you and really took your ideas to heart, even discussing them with you throughout the day in a very timely manner.

WISH had alot going for it. It is unfortunate that some penpusher accountant shut it down because it wasnt going to be the next Everquest.

I will say though above all else, I had fun when I went adventuring in WISH, and thats a lot more than I can say for Horizons.
    I just want to say I agree with you, Vesuvius, very much so here, very well said. WISH did accomplish a lot, it really did have the world being affected by what people did and what people Didn't do. That unto itself was quite impressive (though I understand hard to keep up with).

Graphics are minimal of importance, though I could actually play the game on full setting which I just can't do here on Horizons. Their UI wasn't the prettiest thing in the world but it worked well enough and I am sure would have gotten an update, or even gone to allowing "Skins" like HZ does.

I just want to say though that I am really going to miss WISH and I have a hope it might return as it was a wonderful game. I doubt it will though... or at least something along the lines of it might come along again to try.

And, I did like the PnC movement once I got used to it.

I salute you WISH. ::Salutes with a wing::

~Allon

Wish did not look appealing to me at all...
    Frons Von Frik - Order

Quote Originally Posted by Frons Von Frik
    Wish did not look appealing to me at all...
    WISH had a very specific type of audience that it attracted. Most either loved the game, or hated it. Quite sad for those that really loved it.
    Vesuvius Veix
    100/100 Dragon of Order with 26+ Million Hoard
    Officer of the Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    "Why am I cynical you ask? Because I have been given little to make me feel otherwise."

Agree with Frons Von Frik.
    Ular Naga

Proud "Handy Man" of the -Dark Saga-
    Unity Shard

"First i followed the light then the blight, but suddenly nature showed me the path to walk"

WISH had a very specific type of audience that it attracted. Most either loved the game, or hated it.

Yes it did, the too few to get it released type. Maybe the next game will decide that sometimes the gripers have a point that needs to be listened to.

Here it goes, the heart of wish [:^)]

Tulga needs to buy that.

I never got to play the Wish beta...was supposed to... There are definetly some things, at least in theory, that I'd like to see Hz adopt. The idea of more active WM for example...
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Thread Information