Thread: Tier VI EQ

Default Tier VI EQ

I keep hearing that all of VI EQ is going to decay.

I can tell you now, if this is true, don't bother. You're wasting your time. V EQ is already far superior to what we used to have, and it is all we need against the weak hoards of mobs we have faced so far (and I'm sure that when VII ranked mobs are released, people will be able to kill them with ease in V EQ).

My suggestion? Stop all VI EQ development. Or remove the whole decaying system.

Nobody is going to want to spend a coupla gold on tech comps for armor/weapons/tools/jewelry/scales that will decay over time. Untech'd gear of VI will be inferior to tech'd gear of V (unless some astromical bonus is given to wearing/using these items).
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Default Re: Tier VI EQ

I think having tier VI decay is fine, but as you said, the bonus is going to have to be enough to make it worthwhile otherwise nobody will bother. I think Tier VI items should be close to twice as good as tier V.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

The Main Hall of Khazad-dum, fighting for freedom

lol...twice as good...i like that, gonna run around with close to 4k armor[:P].

But on a serious note i agree, if they gonna have decay they gonna have to make it worth it, hope it can be repaired at least.
    "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!!"

Fhrain Fireheart
    Dwarven Berserker at Night, Paladin in the Day
    --Pain is Temporary, Glory is Eternal--

I have to agree on this as well...
    Frons Von Frik - Order

Spazer

the gear is rechargeable. the gear it self does not decay, but the charges of the high powered techs do. same as the blighted mithril short sword. the recharge kits are made from trash blight items that drop.

I myself use a blighted mithril short sword that adds 110 power when I am playing Palllie and want to be casting. I also have one that gives 50 spirit and 50 blight. not bad for a revear. and one that gives 50 nature, one that has 3 plus 4 damage delay ajust. techs. so if the rest of the blighted gear comes out like the short sword , I am very sure you will end up finding a few items very much to your likeing.

Spazer, I'm not talking about loot drop VI EQ. I'm talking about player created VI EQ. i.e. NOT Blighted EQ.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

I've already pretty much figured out armour and jewellery (unless the comps can be regained somehow) will not be worth our time to craft, only your weapons will be really worthless to keep upgraded.

Spells, I'd say only your main ones, but definitely not your whole line of spells. Tech comps are just too expensive to gain to keep making new things.

IMHO IF they add decay at all lower tiers should decay at a declining rate until t6 when items no longer decay. The reason being the lower tiers are made using lesser resources and often by less skilled crafters.

It should not be the stupid rate of decay one might expect in Diablo 2. Should take considerable use for an item to decay.

But I would rather not see decay at all
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

I just need to know2 things:
    1) Will there be T6 techs
    2) Durability or decay? I can live with one, not the other.

However, not a fan of either durability or decay.
    Sajid,
    Lone Lizard of the Apocalypse

Champions of Honor

gopher65

I dunno. But I always that thought blighted items decayed, and eventually were unusable (this is true), but tier VI items had a duribility type decay, in that you have to get them "repaired (recharged)" every so often. But that they don't ever completely fall to pieces.

But I could be wrong. That simply seemed the logical way to implement it from my perspective.

The Main Hall of Khazad-dum, fighting for freedom

Well if we just have to repair it and not buy new stuff then i think i can handle it. Warrior identify with their equipment, to lose it and having to buy new isnt an option for me at least (neither can i afford it with the prices at Vielo on tech trophies not ingame).
    "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!!"

Fhrain Fireheart
    Dwarven Berserker at Night, Paladin in the Day
    --Pain is Temporary, Glory is Eternal--

Thread Information