Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dead Corpses Running Away!!!

Charlson

Default Dead Corpses Running Away!!!

Often dead corpses are now creeping at a decent speed away, making them unlootable from whereever you are as it always says that they are "too far away"!!! This is a major issue!!! Who knows what we might be missing except one member of the group mostly had them in their true spot for some reason on his screen and was able to loot. This is a brand new issue since the patch today. It needs fixing ASAP!!!

Default Re: Dead Corpses Running Away!!!

Hmm. Haven't experienced this.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Seems fine to me. Although, the mobs have been acting quit strangely since patch.

Btw, 'Dead Corpses..'? Aren't Corpses already dead?
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Charlson

I had others in my group, we are were experiancing the same thing, sometimes one or two in the group would see them where they were and loot while the rest saw them float off, sometimes everyone saw them float away and nobody could loot... only since this most recent patch.

Very strange indeed. Never had the "luck" to see that... and i hope i never will.
    Ular Naga

Proud "Handy Man" of the -Dark Saga-
    Unity Shard

"First i followed the light then the blight, but suddenly nature showed me the path to walk"

Charlson

I see the devs are around yet no response about this issue, my ticket has had no response yet either.

Mobs have always moved after dying if they were in motion at the time of their death. I see this allot and have had loot problems very very occassionally for months. Perhaps it is just more frequent now.

[edit] sure beats that pre-merge dead golem whirlind though. ever been killed by a dead munster?
    Sajid,
    Lone Lizard of the Apocalypse

Champions of Honor

It's not a bug it's a feature:

· Fixed certain monsters losing or stuttering through their animations.

[+o(]
    Susan - Lvl 85 Tink and many, many other crafting classes
    Andarielle - Lvl 100 Adv / Lvl 100 Cra Dragoness

Former ICE

Flin

Charlson I never had the problem with them running away. I would see them move towards me a bit just as they died, but I never realized they were unlootable by the rest of the group or I would have been looting..

Charlson

It was after you were with me Flin [H] and has been occuring randomly since then, not just for me either...

This happened to me today.. I was hunting purple necroflies and one dead corpse just wandered off.. I tried to loot it but it said the corpse was xxx meters away... it finally just wandered off the screen and I forgot about it heh..
    Frons Von Frik - Order

maaaaan, that was freaky!

Shaw el Shadai Moking
    'Coming at ya...like a spring!'

The same thing actually happened to me at fire island... I pulled about 40 or so beetles and half of em ended up in the air (probably with my fire beetle mandibles lol) but I thought they also seem to follow you moreslowly as well... any response would be great. Just curious about what happens to the ******** things.

Thanks

Flin

Had this happen to us at least 3 times last night on Elnath.. You can't loot the bugs because it says you are not close enough.

I think this is related to another bug I have noticed since the last patch. There seems to be a problem with Monster AI actually recognizing where you are. I have had many a Bloodskulk and Bloodsnout turn around and run off while I was fighting them. They stiill sound like I am hitting them, if I just wait long enough pretty soon here they come storming back trying to kill my freshly buffed self..

Bloodsnouts are spawning underwater, and many of the Spiders will wander out into the water while on their patrol rounds. All in all I think for some reason the game is about 6 pixels off or something after the last patch.. makes me wonder whether it has anything to do with the updates to the mapping system.

imported_Eileen Mavourneen

We had this happen to our group today. One dwarf skellie that we defeated in the Northern Deadlands (close to Aroah Leap) went sliding away through the snow at a pretty good rate of speed, apparently evading our attempts to loot him. All the others stayed politely deceased and obediently vanished after looting. [:)]

I have a solution...

AE should let us cast root/stun/binds on corpses[:P]
    Syntael Arclight
    - 100 Knoc / 100 Conj / 100 Wiz / 100 Sorc / 100 Mage / 100 Hlr
    92 Grdn / 88 Btlm / 76 Rngr / 60 Dru / 60 War / 44 Brsk / 20 Sct
    -100 Fit / 100 Out / 100 Tnk / 92 Arm / 87 Tlr / 81 Msn / 79 Mnr / 78 Wvr / 43 Wpn / 33 Jwlr

Xydrik Shadowscale
    -75 Drag / 81 Dcra

There's only 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary, and those that don't...

I have seen this at periods and I think I lagged as well as it is only undead corpses that acts in this way at guildhunts. The looting of undead is better now compared to how it was when we got the new world and I havnt seen the floating boodies now for weeks.
    Vanaondo
    The RP guild Kushan Sogd at Harro, Unity Shard
    Download and install Pekkas Map Pack v2.9 today and HCC 0.26 Beta is there too

Quote Originally Posted by Vanaondo
    I have seen this at periods and I think I lagged as well as it is only undead corpses that acts in this way at guildhunts. The looting of undead is better now compared to how it was when we got the new world and I havnt seen the floating boodies now for weeks.
    Experienced this bug for the first time today.

However, once the dead mob had gone completely out of my vision range it reappeared where it was supposed to be and stayed there.

This reminds me of the bug where if you harvested a wisp, the wisp appeared to move, but when it moved a certain distance it would appear to warp back to your location and then continue moving. All the time, you could harvest it, because to the server it wasn't moving at all.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

I never experienced a corpse running away, but since the latest patch I have experienced that golems I kill and gather constantly stand up and fall down...
    Saw it before but only on bipeds, never on me as a dragon...
    Not really life threatening, but funny to see in a strange kinda way... [;)]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I usually see about 1/4 of the dead corpses sliding off into the horizon...hahaha, no pun intended.

I will see them enter the water, slide through the water to an adjacent hill, slide UP the hill, in a most gravity-defying manner, over the rise and out of sight....

Sucks....

Thread Information