Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: can any body else not loggin

Xeno

Default Re: can any body else not loggin

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit

Fairy Snuff Demelza... [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]

And Xeno.. yes there are details.. see above on this *very* post... [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]

Spirit
    well what i meant are official statements [;)]

By the sounds of it Luca is having a few problems!

Well.. I know how he feels! I can't even login to my own webspace! Web Interface is fine, use exactly the same login details as I can *see* on the Control Panel, but when I use FTP client.... NFI

NFI.. my statement of the Year. It just won't work... Grrrrr...

Spirit

Info on the login page:

Unity will be rebooted at 10:25 AM CET in order to attempt to fix the login problems experienced by several players. During the downtime we should be able to apply the latest client patch available.

So lets keep our fingers/claws crossed...
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

All claws crossed... so now I'm lying on my back as I cannot walk... [:P]

Spirit

All claws crossed... so now I'm lying on my back as I cannot walk... [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

Spirit
    rofl
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

[img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Sunuke wrote:
    Trying? They already should have sorted it.

IT doesn't work like that. *period*

Anyone can use IRC... just download mIRC.. [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]

Oh well.. my two dragons are broken.. and I'm not playing as a level 3 dryad that can't truly fly.. so going to play something else tonight..

Spirit
    It doesn´t work like that?

He is Community Manager of the European shard, something which means he should work on it. We still have no official forum according to our login page so our new players will have to hear where to go in case of problems from us or send a ticket which in most cases just gets closed.
    And about IRC.
    Should I now also install secondairy software because otherwise I am out of the loop?

Please think about what you are saying here.
    I know how mIRC works but how many ppl haven´t got any idea?

I have no clue where to look for this channel. I know it have to be on one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvergar
    [img]Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Korial wrote: [img]Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Dvergar wrote: he dares to talk on irc, but not posting here? [img]/emoticons/emotion-12.gif[/img]
    Because of incredibly buggy forum software, Luca has been unable to login to the forums.

sorry, never had any problems here. And IF Luca really has problems here, he should have got them sorted long ago, so that he can do his JOB (which is COMMUNICATION). Or did anyone receive the newsletter in the last few months? was done by Luca as well...
    Yes I so agree with you, when he would have a problem he can stay away while we pay for his pay check and when we have a problem we can take a hike cause he won´t do his job.

Those newsletters were really a great thing. I don´t know if that was his job thou. I do know that a community manager should do everything in his power to keep in touch with the community.

How hard would it be to make a new account on here?
    I don´t know if that could solve this problem but if it would have then he still could have stayed in touch with us.

Why haven´t the login site been updated so any n00b would find his/her way here?
    Or should they have to rely on our community strength informing each other.

I really love this game and I am now learning to play dragon, I have alot of problems but i have been having a great night last night and dragons like Aolanis, Paradise and Vahrokh and some more have been helping me great. Bipeds like Brick, Iz, Ular and some more of this great community have been helping me loads.
    Our last community event was great too. Right now it´s our great community that keeps me in game even thou GN´s support agrivates me. I have always been thought to look for the positive things in life but this doesn´t mean I can be critical.

Lystiga

Absolutely agree with Sunuke.

Lystiga

agreed Sunuke

oh anf FYI login issues shoudl now be fixed

wellhard wilson

getting stuck on recieving character info screen - this is after latest patch

Anyone else ??

The Main Hall of Khazad-dum, fighting for freedom

I got in fine like yesterday
    "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!!"

Fhrain Fireheart
    Dwarven Berserker at Night, Paladin in the Day
    --Pain is Temporary, Glory is Eternal--

Foobar Fu

Quote Originally Posted by wellhard wilson
    getting stuck on recieving character info screen - this is after latest patch

Anyone else ??
    Yes me too, 14.10 GMT - downloaded patch but stuck on recieving char info.

I agree on the information front... if Luca couldn't login, then he should delegate someone to do on his behalf... which did happen eventually. Then people wouldn't need mIRC.

As for the root problem (quote :"Trying? They already should have sorted it.") ... this game is a very sophisticated piece of coding, and it can take hours to nail a bug down. Even days if it's complicated. That's the only point I was getting at. I imagine if the communication was more rapid and forthcoming, then comments like those will not arise.

I *always* think about what I'm saying... [;)] I do work in IT after all, in the Travel sector.

The login page not being updated for such a long time really worries me, as this is the first point of contact for new players.. who may not have even seen the forum yet!

Anyway.. I am at work after all.. *signing off*

Sounds like this patch is a good one, I've heard talk of higher performance and less lag! *claws crossed*

See you later!

Spirit

Main char is broken after today patch too. Crash at recieving terraindata.
    Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

Spirit it is not like these problems haven´t been going on for a short time

How long did dragons have the problem they couldn´t see themselves fight when the tool was equiped?

When did Ice Tomb work (ICED ability) or iron body?

It? just all added up.

Yes ofcourse this isn´t easy coding or every company would make games like this. But the least they could do is give some support for the money we are paying.

PS

I work in IT to and if i would treat the ppl i should work for like this i get fired.

That is something i have said as well, Sunuke, also working in the IT...

By the by, I have after 50 minutes of downloading the patch been in the retrieving character location screen for 10 minutes now.......

Had a similar problem yesterday. I logged in, teleported a while and hz crashed. Afterwars I got stuck in "receiving character bla bla", "loading world objects bla bla", ... .
    Tried it several times.

Finally I decided to remove some prefs files and afterwards I was back to istarian life (had to reconfigure my settings of course [:(]).

If you can't login today after they are back online, perhaps try this.

-Saphosar

tixty

Login hangs somewhere after today's maintanance :( .... tried 5 times already

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one...

I can only imaging the situation at the developers, even before Chapter 11 I daresay they were working on a greatly reduced staff. Then you end up prioritising to get the critical things working, and not actually seeing that you're fighting didn't rate as high as bugs that cause crashes/database errors. I learned to get around it. Although seeing a golum animate when gathering from it still makes me jump... [:P]

It's an interesting situation. Can't wait to see the result!

The latest patch seems to have addressed quite a few issues, although I have heard that some still cannot get in. [:(]

As for the support at GN. I've had more luck with Advent getting a solution to a big problem, although with small issues they seem to answer in hours!

We have a guild member who has been trying to get his login information fixed since July, and I've been going in circles with Support for months. That member has now left the game. Thanks Support! The last I received was that "This issue has been fixed"... but I asked the player... and nope!

Spirit

Thread Information