Thread: Greetings

ehb

Default Greetings

I had just recently purchased Horizons. To my disbeleif, you cannot use your free game time without using a credit card. The game has 1 month included with the game. You should atleast get your free time and make any payment option before your free time is ended.

Also unlike most other massive online games, there seems to be no game cards that can be purchased to pay for game time. I do not use credit cards, will not use credit cards. Is there any other option to playing without using credit cards?

If I was to go with the number of registered people for the forums, then I must also assume there is not a large player base either. Maybe they need to consider getting more players, getting new expansions to the game, easier payment options for those who do not want to use or dont have credit cards.

And to tell the truth, when I first came to the main page, I got to wonder if this game was an old dino before it ever really got started. SWG is the next game I will be looking at. Atleast they already have new expansion and you can atleast get game cards in the stores as well.

Default Re: Greetings

And a pleasant evening to you as well . . . .
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

...u won't get far online if u refuse to use a credit card...

Welcome to Istaria and have a pleasent stay, I'm sure you will fit right in with most of the people who play...<Sighs>
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

Moved to hello board.
    Greetings Ehb weclome to Istaria. Most things you apply online that involes moneywill require a credit card even if its a free x amount of days.

ehb

Hmm needs credit card, lets see -

Ultima Online - may purchase game time codes from EA
    Star Wars Galaxies - may buy game time codes at retail store
    Everquest - may purchase game time code at retail store
    Asheron Call - accepts bank debit cards
    DAoC - uses PaybyCash as an option for payment
    Lineage - accepts cashiers checks, money orders, paypal and internet checks
    Horizons - Credit Card only

These are some of the major massive played online games. I have not botherd to check on some of the others. But as you can see of the 7 major online games, 6 has alternitive payment methods, one does not. That one happens to be Horizons.

Mostof these you can use your retail cd-key to activate your account, butneed to purchase additional game time to continue playing after trial period.

UO I already play, but looking for something else to play now, but it wont be Horizons (sorry I do not use credit cards) Good thing I only paid $5 at the store for the game (was on clearance as it is getting to be old release). So wasnt that big of a loss for me.

The Main Hall of Khazad-dum, fighting for freedom

Then i wish thee Farewell.
    "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!!"

Fhrain Fireheart
    Dwarven Berserker at Night, Paladin in the Day
    --Pain is Temporary, Glory is Eternal--

Hehe...
    Ular Naga

Proud "Handy Man" of the -Dark Saga-
    Unity Shard

"First i followed the light then the blight, but suddenly nature showed me the path to walk"

gopher65

Just curious (not trying to bug you or anything), but what do you have against credit cards? Personally I hate cash/checks. In fact, I just went to OKUS and was amazed that most places not only still accept checks, but don't accept debit cards! In Canada most places don't accept checks anymore (at least where I live, can't speak for everywhere:)). And I live in a backwoodsie place too hehe

My guess would be that most players of those other game pay with credit card also.. if its an option, why go to the store to buy some kind of refillcard when you can do it from your own computer..sounds kind of paranoid to refuse to use a cc..

Btw from info about the subscription model on login site:

"Is the Subscription Model a solution for everybody?

At the moment the subscription model will be applied ONLY to those customers paying through an Online payment Method (i.e. Master Card, VISA, AMEX, Carte Bleue, ELV etc). All the users paying through an offline method (wire transfer, cheque, etc) won?t be affected by the Subscription Model.
    "

looks like there is some offline payment method avalible. ive got no more info so e-mail support or search the sites.
    100 Warrior |100 Guardian |100 Healer
    Unity [former Ice]

wich one would you pick ?

Corelleon

Quote Originally Posted by Ssilmath
    Welcome to Istaria and have a pleasent stay, I'm sure you will fit right in with most of the people who play...<Sighs>
    Thats for damned sure

Um hey mr credit card hater...welcome to the REAL WORLD. Credit cards are needed for almost anything on the internet. Gods, what are you worried about? Not like Amon or the AE's guy are going to take your card and go on a shopping spree. [8-)]

I Love Muppets

Haha cya ehb no one wanted new players here anyway

Oh wait...

Emeraq

I am going to play devil's advocate and state quite simply that (s)he has a point. (S)He could be a young adult with little or no credit, and hence no credit card, and therefore buying game cards for a MMO is the most viable way for him/her to play.

To validate the case further I'd like to point out thatthis is a MMO that really can't afford to discriminate against players in certain economic status, or even players that chose not to get a credit card. For some the temptation to overcharge credit cards and get far in debt is so overwhelming that the best way to resist that temptation is to abstain from even getting a credit card. And from all visual evidence, based on the registered users, the point that this game needs to draw players is an understatement.

Mind you I have a credit card, and use it for my MMO's, but the fact that game time can not be purchased without a credit card truly is a major downfall for a MMO, IF it intends to reach a wide audience.

Tahrl

I use a Debit Card to play Horizons too

Thread Information