Thread: Horizons is hiring!

Talonder

Default Horizons is hiring!

Yep - Horizons is hiring - who would have thought. If you check out this link: http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/gig...hp?gig_id=1914
    You will see Chris is hiring people. Not much info at all, just looking for people in the catogry of game design - hey thats still pretty good. You need to design the content before you make.

P.S. - switch your browser to firefox at www.firefox.com

Default Re: Horizons is hiring!

if this is true (didnt see the link never singed up for site) then that Is great News Ae getting more staff to help around. Hehe im going to college atm to go into a career of game design.. though im only in my frist year I would love to take up an internship at AE just to be able to work such a Fine company[:D]

*thinks of the poor internship poeple at the X-play crew

Someone needs to RTFP.

That is not a "hiring" notice. That is a "pimping" notice. Tulga is offerring to hire out to work on MMOG projects for cash.

Tulga Games, LLC, an Arizona based digital entertainment developer, invites properly financed proposals to engage Tulga Games to develop and produce massively multiplayer online titles based on the Evolution Engine technology. Proposals will be treated in strictest confidence and will remain the property of the owner.
    Perhaps, if they get the right projects with the right financing, they will be hiring for working on those projects. However, that has NOTHING to do with Horizons.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

No, not directly related to Horizons, but indirectly it does. In fact such deals could surge more money back into Horizons to further the engine more or simply justify its existance depending on the strategy.

It is an advertisement, sure enough. However, that wasnot surprising. I recall reading somewhere that Horizons was the engine flagship, but was never entended to be exlusive.

RTFP, pimping, heh - someone is seems edgy[:D]
    Sajid,
    Lone Lizard of the Apocalypse

Champions of Honor

Well, if we are going to enter into rampant speculation mode, it could just as well mean that they take on another project and shut down Horizons to cut their losses. Each possibility is equally valid.

Every game company that makes a game that develops their own technology uses the finished product to showcase their technology. However, I am not so sure the technology is sound enough to attract any serious money. Could be wrong, though; only time will tell. Fools and their money, and all that rot.

Not particularly edgy. Just a pet peeve of mine that people misrepresent one thing as something else because they failed to read what they are representing. *shrug* RTFP- Read the Fine Posting, by the way.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    Read the Fine Posting
    Boy I was wrong... heh, guess you can imagine what I thought that meant[:#]

But true enough
    Sajid,
    Lone Lizard of the Apocalypse

Champions of Honor

If TulgaAE are hiring more devs to work on Horizins I'll be glad.

I am still hoping to see real content added. Class based quests, both randomly generated and arc story style, from low levels through to the upper and perhaps including some REAL rewards, not just more cash and exp.

Would be good to have some new places to explore too. I mean, REALLY new places, totally different looking places, not just more snowy landscapes like Trandalar.

Raid style encounters, immersive events, actuall WA advancement.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    Someone needs to RTFP.

That is not a "hiring" notice. That is a "pimping" notice. Tulga is offerring to hire out to work on MMOG projects for cash.

Tulga Games, LLC, an Arizona based digital entertainment developer, invites properly financed proposals to engage Tulga Games to develop and produce massively multiplayer online titles based on the Evolution Engine technology. Proposals will be treated in strictest confidence and will remain the property of the owner.Perhaps, if they get the right projects with the right financing, they will be hiring for working on those projects. However, that has NOTHING to do with Horizons.
    First impressions mean a lot. Going to a one page web site then clicking onto another link to see a dated web site (2003 at the bottom).

Well.

Then reading the flash material and looking for links for technical details (such as a white paper) and how the Evolution Engine is designed for a variety of applications.

. . Well.

Thenlooking at the most prominent application of the Evolution Engine.

. . . . Well.

Investors are the ones behind "properly financed proposals" and if they look closer . . . .

It is just odd to see the quoted text above. In one sense it is not, but overall it is.

:: shrugs ::
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

All speculation aside....

1. Tulga Games is fully committed to developing and expanding Horizons.
    2. The Evolution Engine and its associated technologies are exciting products that have the "scalability" to enable many diverse forms of multi-user simulations.
    3. The development of other products moves the entire company forward.

I hope that the language in this message is as clear as possible and will not lead to further speculation or parsing.

[:#]

Any Questions? Send me a message: [email protected]

Enjoy the Game. [Y]

gopher65

Please don't post in Black Chris (or anyone else). Those of use with the default forum setup can't read what you write unless we highlight it.

Thank you Chris, for the heads up. BTW, I didn't see the text either until I put my cursor in the box.

Thank you so much for stopping the insane paranoid statements.

Thread Information