Thread: Latest nvidia drivers (66.94)

Zideon Locke

Default Latest nvidia drivers (66.94)

I am starting to notice a trend of missing text and other graphical glitches associated with the new nvidia drivers (66.94). If you have any problems and have recently changed over to this specific driver can you please put your issues here..I am beginning testing now on it.

Default Re: Latest nvidia drivers (66.94)

I've got version 66.93 with a GeForce Fx 5200 256mb card. Anyways, I had no problems at allwith these drivers before the last patch, but after the patch I get low fps, extremely high textMem and graphical glitches. Not for sure if its the drivers, but I'm going to open a support ticket to get some help and maybe try some of the older drivers and see if I notice a difference,so if it turns out to be the drivers I'll be sure to post back.
    - The Paladin is the Judge, the Jury and Executioner!
    - Zarcharien Justice - Lvl 100 Paladin & 71 Armorer
    - "Evil can only triumph, if Good stands by and does nothing."

Default Nvidia based Users beware

I am posting this as an Alert for all Nvidia based graphic card users as a potential issue.

I have experenced numerous in game issues with Chat and Stability utilizing the latest Nvidia driver 66.93 below is a list of the symptoms i had
    ( i did not see the problem right away) after driver update

1. Half of the text in my formulas became invisible.
    2. Text chat was totally invisible to me, i could not see what what typed in game however it wasreadable in the chat logs in the hz directory
    3. I had a lot of difficulty even staying in game i crashed far to much to be able to play game.

Troubleshooting the issue i did the following,as i thought it might be a xp or game corruption issue.
    1.Formatted and reloaded op sys xp pro
    2. uninstalled and re-installed hz

After doing all thisi still had the above issues so i checked driver to see if i was using nvidias current driver and was as a troubleshooting proceedure i went back to the previous driver 61.77 and installed it and suddenly my stability/ability to stay in game was great and all text in chat was visible to verify i loaded the 66.93 driver again and the text chat and formula issue came back so i rolled my driver back and was back in business so all im saying is be wary.

Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

Default Re: Nvidia based Users beware

I had no problems using the 66.93 drivers with my 6800 ultra

Zideon posted about this here:

http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=40876

He also asks that any issues seen with these drivers to be posted in that thread.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Zideon Locke

Yeah, .93 is the version I meant...I am still testing here as well and so far I cannot reporduce this but many customers can.

With the new version nividia driver, I have experienced tons of crashes, lockups, freezing. I was talking to someone in irc, and they suggested that I roll back to the version below the new one and that I did.

I have had only one lockup, but that , I believe , was from overuse of gating and recalling. Rebooting took care of that.

Running 66.93 on a XFX Geforce 5700 Ultra DDR3 128mb, Asus A7N8X-X mobo, XP 2600+ processor, 1gb of DDR400, DirectX 9.0c:

The only problems I have found are:

1) terrain triangles that are viewed at a very narrow/shallow angle do not display, resulting in very small gaps in the terrain.
    2) after being in game for an extended period of time and using up a large quantity of memory will usually crash given enough of a push (eg, porting to NR when lots of people are there).

Other than that, I'm currently stable.

Using 71.40 beta drivers downloaded from guru3d.com

Seems to work very well.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Well, no more lockups accessing the guildhouse or the silos. However, I am crashing after three gates or three recalls. It starts one by one by one in loading, from 300 down to about 68, and bam, I am no longer ingame. Have to do a hard reboot to get me back. Ya, this is getting old, and I don't blame anyone, I just need to know what to do to fix this. I am at my wits end. Its too frustrating building my plot up, having to gate and recall, and crash, five times in a row in less than an hour. ;( Sorry

Spazer

I am useing a 5200 128meg card with61.77 drivers and crashing offen more so last two days , can't port more than 2 0r 3 times with out crashing, can't open silos, houses, guild houses with out crashing, now starting last night , and even more so today , i can't even stay in game more than a few mins without crashing. it's getting very tireing , very fast.

today : log in , get almost in crashed , log in again, get in , standing on plot , open guild house, crash, log back in , make it in , recall to kion, port to New Rach , Port to Harro , run over mountain, kill one yew treant , pull next one , crash again.

last night crashed 8 times in less than 20 mins trying to open houses , silos or guild houses wanting to place items in, never got it done , gave up.

Just a question, another game I play only supports the forceware 71.25 drivers so I've been using those. Only problem I've seen so far is a periodic freeze, but it releases most the time and I continue playing. Anything entered during the freeze period is not acknowledged at all by the server.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

I'm using the 66.93 drivers, and have noticed alot more CTDs and transport errors than usual. However the problems that seem to happen with these drivers didn't start until that last content patch.

pizzabandit

Hey all Im fairly new to this game and have also been having extreme difficulty with graphics errors. I have GeForce FX 5200 with 256mb and running newest drivers 71.84. I cannot stay in game for more than an hour or so before it freezes my whole system, not to mention a lot of text seems to be missing. After reading some of the posts here its good to see it is not just me (whew!), I'll try to roll back my drivers and see if that makes a temp fix. just thought to bumb this to keep the thread active.

@pizzabandit
    I also had troubles with and my hole system get freezed so only a restart helped.
    But i have fixed it.
    My Problem was that i have forgotten to install the Via 4in1 drivers for the Onboard Via Chipset
    So if you have also a VIA Chipsetboard you can install or reinstall the drivers and look if it works after.

pizzabandit

I have been doing a lot of checking and it would seem that I have a problem with my power supply. I thought it was my drivers as I just updated them, and the crashes have just became a real problem,but that may be a coincidence. I have been running a lot of tests and am currently showing only about 2v [:@] running thru my 12v line in my PC. This would explain frequent freezes and problems when running the cpu hard as would happen ingame. I am getting a new psu this afternoon and will check and see if this cures my problem.

pizzabandit

On an off topic note, I would like to add that I like Zideon's avatar, that movie rocked!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pizzabandit
    Hey all Im fairly new to this game and have also been having extreme difficulty with graphics errors. I have GeForce FX 5200 with 256mb and running newest drivers 71.84. I cannot stay in game for more than an hour or so before it freezes my whole system, not to mention a lot of text seems to be missing. After reading some of the posts here its good to see it is not just me (whew!), I'll try to roll back my drivers and see if that makes a temp fix. just thought to bumb this to keep the thread active.
    Having similar problems when I upgraded from 61.77 -> 71.89 ... will revert and see if it is stable then.

Update: On reversion , system is a LOT more stable and working well for a Geforce 4200 card with v61.77 drivers

Hypnofrog

Partial Text in Screens:

This happens in help popups, screens for quest, tutorial and options. I can see some text but not all. Like on the options screens I'll have a block of empty screen with drop down boxes and check boxes listed line by line with no descriptive text, yet some lines do have a description and checkbox.

I'm running a Athlon 1 ghz machine with a geforce 3 ti 200 card with the last driver loaded - 71.84

Tried deleting fonts in the fonts directory and repatching with no luck. I reset my windows schemes to one provided by windows with no luck. I even tried installing the fonts from the fonts directory with no luck.

Saw this thread so posting problem here.

Re-install doesn't solve problem

Thread Information