Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help to clean up Horizon's general forum on VN boards.

Xiicri

Default Need help to clean up Horizon's general forum on VN boards.

General complaints:

1) Comments that would most likely lead to a lawsuit regarding David Bowman/AE/Tulga games if he/they bothered with it go unmodded.

2) Completely off topic threads about WoW or Wish does not get moved, modded or even commented.

3) Rational debate is greeted with hoards of insults and a footballfan-mentality. Forum regulars go unmodded, forum newbies get banned and/or modded without explanation.

4) Attacks like "Very effective policing by Dangit and his horde of brown shirts." goes completely without modding or response from a moderator.

5) Conspiracy theories galore, without facts to back things up go completely unchecked. One can basically say ANYTHING conspiracy-wise without getting modded or banned (if a) conspiracy would be bad for HZ and b) you are a regular).

An assortment of links to threads with above severe moderator faults:

http://vnboards.ign.com/Horizons_Gen...52/81692177/?6
    http://vnboards.ign.com/Horizons_Gen...52/80969770/?9
    http://vnboards.ign.com/Horizons_Gen.../81108634/?168
    http://vnboards.ign.com/Horizons_Gen...2/81464122/?22
    http://vnboards.ign.com/Horizons_Gen...2/81271952/?40
    http://vnboards.ign.com/Horizons_Gen...2/81361591/?27
    http://vnboards.ign.com/Horizons_Gen.../80861247/?105
    http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?...;ui=cb_post_05

Now what can be done about this cesspool? I suggest this link is used by anyone who feels it is needed to clean up the VN hz boards: http://vnboardsadmin.ign.com/comments/

There you can fill in your own complaints, or feel free to use mine if you feel they are good enough for you to sign under.

/Nescio, Xiicri, Kaninfan.

Marrek

Default Re: Need help to clean up Horizon's general forum on VN boards.

Hay i am a football fan! i resent you comparing me to a VN poster ;)

But seriously, i found early on in my gaming that VN is just a magnet for the K3wl D00d kinda people and that there is always trouble there, that and toped with spy/addware on thier boards it just isnt worth going to them for any reason. I suggest just dropping your account there and posting here :)

Xiicri

*snickers*

I appologize to all hooligans out there for that quite unfair comparison. ;)

I do, however, wish to believe that even those boards can become a little less than a cesspool. Please join in the quest, it might prove to be quite impossible if but one angry voice is raised. :)

Althar

VNBoards is well known to be the haven for trolls in any game. They mod the same way almost site wide except for the odd moderator. I feel for ya but I'm sure they've had mountains of complaints over the years and nothing has changed.

hahaha

I was fine till the one where Tant posted his question and the one posted back in may on darkstaff. Both of which do not violate the TOS in any shape form or fashion. The Darkstaff thread was supported with undeniable evidence when it was an issue. You are saying that this particular thread should not have been posted when it was so clearly a major issue ? Game wide as well if you were actually around back then.

The rest say for one other were off topic pretty much. But you will find that VN has given up on those boards pretty much. They would have probably closed the horizons boards down for now if not for the posts that have been there. They don't care.

Those boards will clean themselves up when the game horizons and those developing itactually do a half way competant job of doing it. As they are a direct result of the game horizons and its current state. Thats the challenge that Tulga Games now faces.

Odd i'd think that the problems Horizons currently had might best be represented by players who currently play the game. Not some overly bitter rejects who have nothing better to do then trash a game they haven't played in 6 months.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

i don't like it when they trash Dangit using Pox Mulbert and Dana Slutty. hey did you know Dangit is actually Charlize Theron?

the rest of the stuff however, is more to point, and most of the time, correct.

Hex

Maybe next we can burn some books :)

VN / IGN doesn't exist in my world, nor any other person's world that I care deeply about.

I suggest let them smoulder in their own self-imposed purgatory, and we get on with our lives without worrying about what a bunch of rejects from the state mental ward have to beat their gums about.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

I value my brain cells too much to subject my eyes to the Horizons Vault boards.

The greyness of the vault boards is just evil.

However it is amusing to watch people who haven't played the game since march try to talk with authority about the game.

However here is not the place to post about getting vault threads removed.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Quote Originally Posted by Tryagain
    Those boards will clean themselves up when the game horizons and those developing itactually do a half way competant job of doing it. As they are a direct result of the game horizons and its current state.
    Has nothing to do with the game, the developers, or Tulga. VN's owners and moderators bear sole responsability for the "community" (used in the loosest possible sense of the word) that forum has attracted & retained. No change is possible until the owners & moderators act to improve the environment.

Of course, that would involve banning a significant percentage of their subscriber base and their moderators... Not going to happen, I think.

If you have ideas or commentary for improving the game, post them here; they will actually be heard and may even be acted upon.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Warning: Meanderings below. I have no idea what could be done to really improve the situation over there. If we all "invaded" in force and made some realistic posts, then bumped them for a week or two, it would be fun, but not much help.

I'm afraid that when AE chose VN over Tazoon.com as the official boards, they did themselves irreparable harm.

Tazoon.com understandably lost interest, and the player lost the Horizons Guide Database, and later the player-generated guides. They have never been fully replaced.

As the official boards, potential players were directed there, and would encounter negative comments on the game, frequently from incompetent ex-players who had not been able to master the game. (Not that it's that hard.)
    And many beta players simply stayed in tazoon.com as long as possible, for many reasons.So the VN boards lacked their input to some extent.

Stray thought; did AE owe VN any money?

In any event any semi-positive post gets a "whacked bee-hive" reaction.

As for not playing the game for 6 months; some a year now, some NEVER played the game, but just echo others. I have long suspected that some were provocateurs, in the pockets of, or on the payrolls of other games.

And some are just very misguided. Some while ago, I responded to a post that rangers had gone another three months without being fixed. I explained why Ranger was now a polished class, what had been done to fix it, and when. It turned out that they were fairly earnest, but had no idea that combat queue fixes affected rangers, and they did not have any idea of Krald's suggestions about using roots, stuns, etc. Nor did they have the slightest idea that kiting was possible again (albeit not worth the trouble), and they had no interest in learning. And they kept repeating themselves.

A lot of them sound like middle schoolers who have joined a Children's Crusade, to protect the world from the spreading evil that is Hz. Not a clue as to the game. But solemnly telling each other that "they tell the truth".

Oh well, I did issue a meandering warning.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

VN boards are perfect trollin waters. They can hit many games back to back all in one area. Spam-a-troll.

But, if that keeps em busy closing pop-up adds and off our forums here then great. Let em have it.
    Sajid,
    Lone Lizard of the Apocalypse

Champions of Honor

Yes, IGN was named in the Chapter 11 filing as a non-secured creditor (meaning they got zip and doo-dah). Wouldn't surprise me if they are basically "AE stiffed us; rant on!"; basically, they have no impetus to squelch the mindless twits who live there.

Anyway. Repeat the mantra: THEY DON'T EXIST IN OUR WORLD! Don't go there, don't participate, ignore them.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Ha, I just now found this thread :)

I have spent many months over there on the VN forums debating with many about Horizons.I have had some great discussion actually and met some great people there. However, I agree, there is a pattern of which forum rules are obsolete and do not apply on the Horizon's VNboards as they are suppose to be set by theirown forum standards, and they do follow these rules on the other boards there. This is undisputable. I have hadthis discussion with the moderators many times, but that is all I'll say at this point.

But for now, I no longer have the timeto post their to make my small difference, if any at all,on those boards.
    - The Paladin is the Judge, the Jury and Executioner!
    - Zarcharien Justice - Lvl 100 Paladin & 71 Armorer
    - "Evil can only triumph, if Good stands by and does nothing."

Could AE just tell VN to shut down there forum boards...they are of no good use for the game...all they do is talk trash about the game

Not all of VN is like that - Ryzom Vault, which of late I was a member until daring to post on the Hz boards - is very much a supportive, fan-based site. The staff there are wonderful, and I am proud to have walked among them, if only for a short time.

Hz Vault - you'll not hear anything from me that hasn't already been said here [:)] Suffice it to say, no love lost there.

Hey..it is fun to pop over, make a glowing report on Horizons and just be totally opposite to what thay are saying. A week later you can go back and they are still flaming you! Fun! Fun! Fun! [;)]
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Quote Originally Posted by Bori Grimbattle
    Hey..it is fun to pop over, make a glowing report on Horizons and just be totally opposite to what thay are saying. A week later you can go back and they are still flaming you! Fun! Fun! Fun! [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]
    Well, the same THREE people are still flaming you anyway . . . .[;)]
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Thread Information