Thread: Should we be able to make certain Hoard Items for Dragons

Soviet

Default Should we be able to make certain Hoard Items for Dragons

[*]I've been thinking a couple of times. During the past before the servers merged when we were all split up. I noticed that the Imperial Officers would give you Parcels of both Tier I and II of these formulas:

-Tier I (Lumber): Cedar
    -Tier II (Lumber): Elm
    -Tier I (Stoneworking): Sandstone
    -Tier II (Stoneworking): Slate
    -Tier I (Metal Working): Bronze
    -Tier II (Metal Working): Iron
    -Tier I (Earthen Craft): Adobe Clay
    -Tier II (Earthen Craft): Earthware Clay[*]Tier I (1 Parcel) = 2 Hoard Points[*]Tier II (1 Parcel) = 5 Hoard Points[/list]

And so I've been thinking. Why can't we hoard like gems. There hoard value should be averaged upon the Tier type. Also new Pacel Formulas. I'm not sure if they came out with Tier III, IV, or IV parcels. Although some of my friends I think did have Tier III Parcels, but not really sure. I'm thinking of adding new parcel hoards. Of course I'm not asking for a whole load of hoard just for a couple of Tier III parcels. But I was thinking? Why don't we hoard gems? After all there quite shiney[*] But anyway I was thinking of these HP's

Tier I Gems (Garnet, Turqoise, & Malachite): 3 Hoard points

Tier II Gems (Amytheste, Lapiz Lazuli, Rose Quartz): 6 Hoard points

Tier III Gems (Aquamarine, Citrine, & Jasper): 15 Hoard points

Of course, you can leave a post if you think this is sort of unfair. Because I've seen so far, only Scalecrafting and hoarding the scales for hoard, or...going out to hunt for Coffers, Bells, Sceptors, Crowns, etc. Thank you for reading and travel saftly.

Default Re: Should we be able to make certain Hoard Items for Dragons

we were originally able to hoard gems, bars, bricks.. you name it, but they stoped for some reason, probably because they wanted us to hoard other things.
    Playing since release.
    4th to complete RoP.
    Purely Lunus.
    Dragor Firestrike - (Nobody to play with.)

Search is such a lovely tool if used.

Please find a similar post and add a reply.

Edit:
    http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=36074
    among at least one other subject I recall.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

The concept of why they removed the ability of dragons to hoard cut gems was that they wanted us to haord fewer but more costly hoard items. I never understood that as we still do the same exact thing with spells or scales. I truely do miss the days when we could clean out our inventory by hoarding just about everything and hopefully they will allow it sometime in the future.

In my opinion the old hoard system had life to it. The new system is boaring and predictable, every item's hv is based on the amount of resources you used to make it. If the hv of an item doesn't fit the exact components your using to make it watch out your exploiting!

I hope they reopen the idea of exploring the possibility and make some items more efficient for certain things like hoarding or exping and leave it up to the players to find out what they are, but what we have now is once again boaring and predictable.

It was also stated at the time that part of the intent was to force dragons to use biped crafted items for hoard... especially as said items usually have a higher hoard value per bar/brick then dragon crafted items.

This pretty much failed as those who worked with bipeds before still worked with bipeds and those who didn't work with bipeds.... got really ticked and continued to do it solo.

They then added hoard only items, which are nice except for the some what outrageous prices some biped players like to charge for them.
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

I remember right after the game went live.

At that time, Chiconis was home to several major T1 gemfields each containing all 3 types of T1 gems. Bipeds complained that they couldn't get gems, because dragons were constantly vacuuming the gemfield for hoard.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

with claws being gem/metal based it's going to be that way again heh

i can understand the cease to hoarding certain resources. such as sandstone bricks and steel bar, or how about them essense orbs. but some items should be hoarded from the resource tables. gems are a definate. its ok for a dragon to sit on a pile of parchment scribed with spells, but no gems for you. gems really need to be readded. another thing that needs to be re added are precious metals. gold silver mithril ect.

as far as gem hoard values, they used to be exorbinately high and were tonned down. tier 1 = 1 HV 2 = 3HV 3 = 9 HV i believed. something like that would be fine. same with metal. since gems can be accumulated rather quickly and dont require extra steps in processing they shouldnt have a super high value, but they should have a value. it is only logical. i would much rather hoard precious metals and gems then the dragon scales im currently doing. sheez if someone walked into my cave they would swear im having a balding problem

The only resources that we need to be able to hoard are gems and only a few types of bars... for example:
    - gems (easytoget and can be carried more then bars)
    T1=1 hv per gem
    T2=2 hv per gem
    T3=3 hv per gem
    T4=4 hv per gem
    T5=5 hv per gem
    T6=6 hv per gem
    - bars (silver/gold/platinum)
    T2= 4 hv per bar
    T3=6 hv per bar
    T4= 8 hv per bar

I cannot imagin Bricks have a lot of hoarding value...
    Neither do the bars:Bronze, Iron, Steel, Cobalt...
    Dont know about Mithril, but it is used in most tools so better not...
    Hoarding Essence orbs is weird... that would defenitly have no use what so ever...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy
    Hoarding Essence orbs is weird... that would defenitly have no use what so ever...

But orbs are shiny.. I like shiny things ^^
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Also as a caster Dragon I would love essence orbs in my hoard nothing like sleeping on raw power.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniade
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Dragonboy wrote:
    Hoarding Essence orbs is weird... that would defenitly have no use what so ever...But orbs are shiny.. I like shiny things ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth
    Also as a caster Dragon I would love essence orbs in my hoard nothing like sleeping on raw power.
    And still I wonder what the point would be lore concerned...
    What kind of treasure would it be...
    Gems andsome bars have value in the RL world aswell so in this point of view it would at least be the most logical choice, but Essence Orbs...
    They might be shiny and contain raw power, but it seems a little to fragile for me...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Well... I believe the gems do have one step to be created: only allow cut gems to be hoarded. (Much puuurdier shinyer)

There are only 2 real reasons why dragons hoard go from real world stories, and no it is not for value. It is becuase gold is soft and takes heat well, I.E. does not burn. D&D is the creator of the hoard myth I do belive.

As to lore behind hoarding essence orbs? It's not like we use it as a pile too sleep on, yet. It is something we draw power from and having orbs of power in our hoard fits to me. If it does get a place in our lairs that shows how big of a pile we have then ok, like a bird making a nest I would arange my orbs so they are on the outer edge where I do not sleep on them, and besides who says they are fragile? Magic is not a fragile thing.

Lffayen

But if you're going to hoard essence orbs, wouldn't you have to have an airtight hoard? I mean, one strong gust and half of it would blow away...

I'm not a dragon, but the hoard system is probably the #1 reason my dragon is still parked behind my Yugo in the garage.

For various a priori reasons, as irrelevent as they may be, I find the idea of hoard being manufacturable distasteful. Hunting solo should be a viable way of sustaining and growing a dragons hoard.

But that's just my opinion
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Thread Information