Default Tazoon.com not coming back :-(

Ginesh posted it here :(

Seems like something shady was going on behind the poor guys back :(

http://vnboards.ign.com/Horizons_Gen...2/77142934/?57

Default Re: Tazoon.com not coming back :-(

May it R.I.P
    Leave a penney take a penney..need more than a penney? Get a job :|

It will be interesting to see how long this post lasts.

I hope dangit welcomes the opportunity to set the record straight over being registered on these new boards on 8th October when he was still modding tazoon.com (which died on 10th October).
    Felice TINK 100 / GTH 96 / MIN 81 / Adv gimp
    Shredder T4 Spellcrafter
    Wind Server

Telic

I would like to see an official response to the post, I really would.
    I also wonder if the missed data will ever be transferred over and allow tazoon.com to 'come back'. I doubt it though.
    I know the majority of information was dated to say the least, but it kind of felt like home.

To be fair, AE did host Tazoon out of pocket, and Ginesh had almost a year to find a new host and a way of supporting Tazoonindependant of AE. If you recall, there was a fundraising drive that was intended to keep Tazoon alive and, I thought, move it to new hosting.

I hate to see it go, but Ginesh has been AFK for nine months. Now he's playing the concerned owner; he shouldhave been this passionate and involvedthis entire time, or sold the siteto someone who was.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

My whole opinion on this:

http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?...start=77177901

There are being trown dirty jabs.
    By the same people that are already stirring up and raising rabble on these new forums.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

My opinion on this? Well, my first reaction would be to ask "Ginesh who? Oh you mean the always in absentia guy who left class etc databases languish as things were back in beta?" This guy had his chances; AE offered to merge Tazoon to this site, he was told that hosting would be terminated, he had many months since the beta ended to seek more secure hosting plan. The fact that AE was planning their own forums has nothing to with this, except reinforce the fact that it would've been pretty ridicuous of them to host two forums at the same time.

I liked tazoon.com's forums a lot, it was a great place. But the first person I'd thank for it being a place it was would be Dangit who moderated it on just about daily basis.

In fact (and this is not a flame, I just would like to know) what did Ginesh have to do with Tazoon except be the guy with the 'master key' to tazoon? Obviously he wasn't the host, and very obviously he wasn't in charge of updating the databases.

So long Tazoon (/wavebye), you were great fun, but powers that be neglected you for too long and let you fall by the wayside. Such can be life.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

whatever it was, it was still the best we had and a hell plenty of people found it extremely useful. for a long time that was all wegot and we loved itso why don't you flying turkeys learn how to show some respect.

by shutting the hell up.

Varangaard

** unless you have proof dont make accusations you cant backup**
    Bite the Kitty!!

Dangit!

Quote removed, not needed.

*self moderated - on second thought this was too close to a personal attack*

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

I recall the fundraiser well, but what I don't recall is where that money went. It was supposed to go to the forums, but AE was paying by about the middle of the fundraiser. Later it was said that it was to update the machines, which benefits both the boards and the owner of the machines. I think there were questionable things happening on both sides, between AE and Taz, and I doubt we will ever know the whole truth. Either way, it isn't worth the effort to concern myself with this and I do not have enough interest to take sides, I just wanted to point out there *are* two sides to this. I doubt highly either is innocent.

Taz was great, though, I liked the forums a lot and got a lot of use out of them. I am quite sorry to see them go, no doubt about it. They will definitely be missed.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

in response to how I am registered here on the 8th and tazoon went down on the 10th.
    I had already stated I was in the process of leaving tazoon. Ginesh had already emailed me saying he was tossing around some ideas, one being which I would find a host, find funding to pay for said host, be incharge of updates and the forums. My reply was if I was going to do that I would rather own Tazoon out right and continue with it that way.
    I didnt hear back from Ginesh on that. So AE said they would continue with their own boards, I agreed and said I would post my goodbye post on Tazoon tuesday. Ihad been given access to the forumsto check out the forums and see if there would be any major problems to what was being used. During the check out we found issues that had to be fixed and were going to wait for the forum update that was due to be released.

Tazoon went down before expected and before I could post my goodbyes there. Bangebeng tried to apply the update but there were issues with it and it was decided to go on with the forums.

AE created the community forum as a source of info and it made perfect sense for forums to be placed there.
    Plus there are a lot of programs AE could not do on someone elses forums. Subscriber only boards, focus group discussions. and more.

This will be my last post on the issue, If you want to throw accusations around or speculation, I ask you do it on another board. Not here.

As always if you have questions, my pm box is always open as well as the others of the staff here

Do not let them bother you Dangit. It seems recently that everybody and his pet monkey wants to see a conspiracy theory under every rock and behind every tree. Once again, as it was on Tazoon nothing but wild speculations and unfounded accusations. It is about time some stepped back and just asked themselves a simple question....Why?

To those tossing about all the speculations...take your pet monkey and go toss a few coconuts instead. At least it will build up your throwing arm and give your monkey some exercise. More worth then what is appearing here.

the above was brought to you by [B] Boris' Finest Brew
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Elkandriel

Wellthere just isn`t enough ppl now to multiple Horizons forums :(.That and other thingsjust rise some conspiracy theories. Anyway I suppose that the Tazoon "server crash" was just an accident which Ginesh also says he believes that may have happened. So it was just a chain reaction I hope. I would had hoped that more had been done to save Tazoon at least in archived format for a while.

IfI remember right quite a while ago AE asked what the players would like to see on the offical website and one of the popular requests was forums hosted by AE. I had fun a tazoon.com but I am glad AE did make their own forums.

Haldir

Quote Originally Posted by Tanglor
    IfI remember right quite a while ago AE asked what the players would like to see on the offical website and one of the popular requests was forums hosted by AE. I had fun a tazoon.com but I am glad AE did make their own forums.
    Amen, I agree 110%. I for one and glad to be here [:P]

Quote Originally Posted by Tanglor
    Its a strange thing official forums.

Look at how many companies have there own forums during beta but then close them after the game goes live, and community sites become established. Why do they do this?

Well mainly because who in there right mind pays for and mantains a service that generally slags them off and at times can be downright rude or nasty to them?

I miss Taz as it was a good source of information and differing views. Whilst this site, Im sure, can become a nice source of official information I wonder how far the forums will develope?

How lenient are they going to be when the going gets tough and subscribers are screaming the odds because someone hasnt done there job properly or a released patch turns out to be a piece of ****. Players want the perfect solution and when it isnt they can get understandably vocal. The need to vent frustration at least keeps them involved without walking away.

Actually Id like to ask a question :) Is this the official EU boards as well? Is this the place for me to rant and rave that Lucas idea of 10 minutes is not the same as most other people on this continent?
    Bleri McThrust - Dwarf
    Unity - Formerly Ice

Bleri,

I for one can tell you, if you like the moderation at tazoon while I was there, You will like it here. If you didnt like my style of moderation there, well. you probally wont like it here.

being negitive and voiceing concerns is fine. just dont let those vocalizations turn personal. Thats what I have an issue with

Telic

In all honesty the only thing I miss about tazoon.com is the plain and simple board type. Beleive me I really can't wait for some skins to be able to rid myself of this one :P .
    Everything has changed post patch so the info once hosted there was no real use anymore.
    I'm sure the community forums will be more than tazoon ever was, especially if we help make it that way.
    And Dangit, thanks for giving us the other side of the story. I'm sure you have the good of the forums and horizons in mind, and therefor the good of the gaming public, and thats good enough for me.

Thread Information