Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: question about signature pictures

Default question about signature pictures

Now that these forums are actually being hosted by AE, and AE has recently claimed that HZ is a game that families can play together, will you be establishing clear standards for what is acceptable in signature pictures on these forums, and will you be enforcing those standards evenly and fairly?

Thank you.

Default Re: question about signature pictures

i like to know too, so i can know or not toapply the pic with 2 gifteds mating.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip
    i like to know too, so i can know or not toapply the pic with 2 gifteds mating
    Just "haze out" the "naughty bits" [A]
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Garden Gnome - Order
    Impure Mage lvl 52 / Enchanter 45 / Spellcrafter 42 / Mason 23
    ( Last of the Forgotten )
    (99.6% html free signature)
    Nicolas de Chamfort : "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."

but they are gnomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip
    but they are gnomes.
    OMG - then there is nothing naughty about any of that ! [:O]
    Garden Gnome - Order
    Nicolas de Chamfort : "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."

I have asked the mods to set standards as well, not only regarding what but how big they are. some folks seem to think that having a 1000 pixel wide sig is fine or ones that are 200+k. Some order would be nice, or better yet just strip the sigs like othe companies do on official fourms because its so easy to abuse for hackers posting ungainly pictures.
    Ancient Azure - Dragon of Blight (Now Chaos) 100/100
    Khan 'Azure' the Patriarch - 1st Adult Dragon
    Too Much Hoard To Count.

Personally I think removing html coding ability in signatures is cool by me.
    Garden Gnome - Order

or better yet just strip the sigs like othe companies do on official fourms

NOOO you cant get rid of them they are special to us and having avitars this time around makes things even better

Sigs and avatars show who we are.DONT take em away! ;)
    Leave a penney take a penney..need more than a penney? Get a job :|

Certainly not talking about taking them away. I am asking for a clear set of standards of what is and is not acceptable content for signature pictures, and for fair enforcement of the standards.

Well because HZ cannot initialy control what content is linked via tags this leaves the boards open to a whole host of issues and because they are now officialy hosting/providing the boards they have some liability on what is shown. But anyhow I just want a standard in place for width/hight and file size so it doesnt impact peoples viewing.
    Ancient Azure - Dragon of Blight (Now Chaos) 100/100
    Khan 'Azure' the Patriarch - 1st Adult Dragon
    Too Much Hoard To Count.

Agreed.

AE, please review your plans for signatures and state your policy surrounding signatures. If this is indeed a family safe site then it should be modded as such. My 14 year old plays this game and used the Taz forums. I would just ask you if you would like your 14 year old to see the aforementioned mating?

Regards,
    Barbie
    Play nice and show some class
    www.theamazonbasin.com

You do rember that ae states content of game may change online...or something like that. But i have yet seen a fellow HZ player abuse the sig or avitars

Unai

Default Signatures

It would be a great solution adding the capability to see/hide people's signatures, in your Control Panel.
    There are still many people around with no freaky broadband internet connection...

Clearly that's a matter of personal opinion, and others here seem to disagree.

I don't think that asking people to turn off signatures is the answer. Or even if that is possible, we still need an official, clearly stated policy on content and size of signatures and avatars.

Wonder when we will hear an official comment on this issue?

I wonder if the picture AE uses to advertise their 7 day trial is any indication of their stance on the matter of sigs like Kumu's. =D.

*Editorial comment on the nature of Kumu's sig suppressed cause the whole things just do ******** silly*
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Kumu, I have not explicitly mentioned your signature picture anywhere in this thread, and I carefully avoiding doing so.

You were the one who brought it up.

But now that you havebrought it up, I will point out that your signature picture is a sexually explicit drawing of two dragons mating. That is not a matter of opinion.

I hope that if standards are set in place for signature pictures, that they will clearly state that sexually explicit material is not allowed, and I hope that your signature picture will be removed.

I agree that the picture of the dryad breast doesn't bode well for a favorable response from AE on this issue.

But if AE is serious about its claim for HZ to be somethat that families can play together, then I think they'd better give this issue a little thought.

Quote Originally Posted by arseovrteakettl
    Kumu, I have not explicitly mentioned your signature picture anywhere in this thread, and I carefully avoiding doing so.

You were the one who brought it up.

But now that you havebrought it up, I will point out that your signature picture is a sexually explicit drawing of two dragons mating. That is not a matter of opinion.

I hope that if standards are set in place for signature pictures, that they will clearly state that sexually explicit material is not allowed, and I hope that your signature picture will be removed.

I agree that the picture of the dryad *** doesn't bode well for a favorable response from AE on this issue.

But if AE is serious about its claim for HZ to be somewhere that that families can play together, then I think they'd better give this issue a little thought.

Umm his sig isn't explicit, its suggestive. Not like you can see anything, even assuming that there's something to see when dragons do mate.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Thread Information