Thread: Changed hard drives, can't find HZ, says not installed??**

Default Changed hard drives, can't find HZ, says not installed??**

I got a new hard drive for my main C drive (Win XP) and I left my old drive in and called it E drive.

When I go to load up HZ, I login and after the 2nd login, it says HZ not installed. Yes, it is, just not on my C drive.

I'd hate to install it on my C drive and patch it for an evening ;)

Any ideas ? Can I fix my registry or something. The problem is when the Active X I guess looks for HZ on my main drive.... but it's on my OTHER drive

Thanks
    P

Default Re: Changed hard drives, can't find HZ, says not installed??**

My best guess as to what happened:

When you installed the game, you installed to C drive which left a registry entry at installation directing windows to your install directory. When you changed hard drives presumably that registry entry wasn't changed. Therefore, your computer thinks you don't have the game installed, since it can no longer find it on your C drive. I would suggest either looking for the appropriate registry key, or reinstalling on your E: drive (safer)

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Here's all that ismy registry:

Copy the bold text below into a text file, change the drive letter to whatever you want it to be, save the file, rename it to hz.reg (or anything else .reg)
    Run regedit.exe and import your .reg file.

Not guaranteed to work at all, and always be careful playing with your registry.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ArtifactEntertainment]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ArtifactEntertainment\ Horizons]
    @="C:\\Program Files\\Artifact Entertainment\\Horizons"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ArtifactEntertainment\ Horizons\version]

:o
    With win xp he could right click on the file and choose install after renaming it...I believe...

Why not go to that string in the registry and see if it lists the drive location properly... If it does then there isnt a problem with the registry...
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

Hi all,

Thanks for the info. I found a HZ launcher and it seems to bypass the web interface, so I can connect.

I played HZ for 10 months last year and loved it. Got Burnt out, so I played some other games and am now ready to come back and take over Istaria ;)

I just got XP Pro, and man this game plays weird on it. Vid issues, lag in NB but not out in the main areas

I keep getting this error FATAL ERROR: Nosector_default! : 0 @ C:\client_vs2003\source\ClientErrors.cpp:698, when I first try to load the game.

I assume this is because HZ is installed on my E drive.... Will look at your post above and try my reg. I have already thought about formatting my C drive, reinstall Win2k Pro and put HZ on, but I have better things to do with 5 hours than patch Win2k and HZ ;)

Chat Soon
    thx
    P

So from doing this, I wasn't able to import it. Says it isn't a binary file, and I don't feel like figuring out how Textpad will let me save as Binary.

I opened up regedit and can't see Artifact anywhere in my list under loc_mach/software

I added the keys and it wants HZ to be installed into a folder called /Horizons ???

Umm it is...

Anywho the laucnher app works sweet, look for a guild site called First Born (English and German - Sprechen Sie Deutch!)

Can anyone comment on my lag in towns ? and Dragons rendering without their heads, and why when I just logged in (and just now for the 2nd time), my craft xp is -4900 ???

I am running winxp pro, 1 gig of ram, AMD 2500+, cable connection. Had to switch to a lower version of vid drivers for my Nvidia 5500.. for the game to not crash

thx
    P

gopher65

same here. Running something like 55.XX video drivers. Newer ones screw my computer over royally.

While in regedit: Click Edit: Find on the toolbar. Type in Horizons or maybeArtifact. It will locate the first reference to this it sees. Then if that reference is ok, click find next. Then do it over and over until you have looked at every entry for HZ.

CAUTION: be very very very careful. You can seriously mess up your computer if you do something wrong.

Drask

just uninstall and reinstall horizons on the e: drive. Right now the registry keys for horizons are 'mangled'. Yes, its working now, but down the road you're going to have issues and wonder why you cannot do something or why its crashing. Importing registry key will work, BUT, you must find all of them, plus they must be configured to link from the e: drive.

Easiest solution: resinstall horizons, this will automatically add all the proper registry keys.

Fridlekh

Make sure you have a world_cache dir (I can understand why you might not copy it over) and inside it make sure there is a file called sector_default.def

if you need to make one, it's contents should look like:

SECTOR_INFO
    {
    int version = -1
    }

rename your current patched hz folder and reinstall hz to the e drive in whatever folder you want. then copy all the files from the renamed folder into the newly installed folder. you shouldn't have to patch again and the install will rewrite the registry values for the e drive
    This page intentionally left blank.

Thread Information