Thread: Disconnect while browsing consigners

Tahrl

Default Disconnect while browsing consigners

I'm getting disconnected whenever I take more than 30 seconds to browse a consigner. This has happened to me at least 5 times a night, every night, for the last year, but I usually just bite the bullet and spend the 2 minutes to reboot my machine and then 7 minutes to log back in and wait for the game to re-load. Tonight I'm disgusted enough to finally post. I can't imagine what could be done to fix this problem, since its been happening so long. Sorry for the pessimism [st]

gopher65

Default Re: Disconnect while browsing consigners

enter a support ticket and give them your logs.I've never heard of this problem before, and AE can't fix it if you don't help them to understand what your problem is.

Part of the problem is that there are so many different hardware and software configurations that it is impossible for any company to write a program that will run universally on all computers. Even Blizzard has this problem:(. I was kinda hoping they wouldn't, but how could they not given the sheer number of possible system configurations (nevermind improperly configured systems)?

There have been several problems I've had that AE has said they have been unable to replicate on their own machines. So you've gotta send in the logs (and keep bugging them until they do something about your problem;). Send error reports, post here, PM devs, that sort of thing. If you are polite they will evenutally get back to you and give you an update on their progress tracking the bug).

Thread Information