Thread: Loot and Expire Corpse Option

Default Loot and Expire Corpse Option

For mobs that are also resource, it would be nice if we had the capability to expire the corpse after looting it if we do not intend to gather from the body. When you are killing mobs in mass looking for specific drops, it is difficult to loot them sometimes due to the close proximity to each other that the fall in. While it is possible to loot them all, it would be more convenient if there was a "Loot and Expire" button that would despawn the corpse after looting.

Here is an example of mobs in close proximity making looting difficult.

Syntael Arclight
    - 100 Knoc / 100 Conj / 100 Wiz / 100 Sorc / 100 Mage / 100 Hlr
    92 Grdn / 88 Btlm / 76 Rngr / 60 Dru / 60 War / 44 Brsk / 20 Sct
    -100 Fit / 100 Out / 100 Tnk / 92 Arm / 87 Tlr / 81 Msn / 79 Mnr / 78 Wvr / 43 Wpn / 33 Jwlr

Xydrik Shadowscale
    -75 Drag / 81 Dcra

There's only 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary, and those that don't...

Default Re: Loot and Expire Corpse Option

What can be done, and easily, would be to just move a bit . . . there is no collision detection. All that a player would need to do is move the character a few steps every now and then during the fight. Then just have a trail of golems to loot.

Oh, impressive picture. Resize/crop it to fit for the normal forum width please.

:: is trying VERY hard to restrain himself ::

Fighting and looting takes a bit of thinking . . . .
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

They all die at the same time, I throw some nasty AoE's [;)].

I could resize it, but I just threw the image on a flash drive and uploadedfrom work. Being that oour computers are slooooooooow, didn't feel like going through a resize.
    Syntael Arclight
    -100 Fit / 100 Out / 100 Tnk / 92 Arm / 87 Tlr / 81 Msn / 79 Mnr / 78 Wvr / 43 Wpn / 33 Jwlr

Xydrik Shadowscale
    -75 Drag / 81 Dcra

There's only 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary, and those that don't...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaraiden
    Fighting and looting takes a bit of thinking . . . .
    Pace yourself, you can do it, stagger them.

Don't forget, they all don't have the same health - Citrine, then Jasper, then Aquamarine.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Don't forget, they all don't have the same health - Citrine, then Jasper, then Aquamarine.
    Yes, that's true that it can be done, but that's really notthe point. This would make looting simpler which is why I suggested it. We discussed it in marketplace today and thought it would be a good idea which is why I posted it. I know there are ways to do it, but the point here is a more convient way, much like the quest menus from bounty hunters. From my experience the majority of the mobs died within 2 attacks from each other. The added steps to space them only slow combat.
    Syntael Arclight

Xydrik Shadowscale
    -75 Drag / 81 Dcra

Quote Originally Posted by Xydrik
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Jaraiden wrote:

Don't forget, they all don't have the same health - Citrine, then Jasper, then Aquamarine.Yes, that's true that it can be done, but that's really notthe point. This would make looting simpler which is why I suggested it. We discussed it in marketplace today and thought it would be a good idea which is why I posted it. I know there are ways to do it, but the point here is a more convient way, much like the quest menus from bounty hunters. From my experience the majority of the mobs died within 2 attacks from each other. The added steps to space them only slow combat.
    So you expect the developers to make it more convenient to mass slaughter monsters due to your combat skills. That will take a while due to their priorities so perhaps change your combat style now.

Take a few steps, really, you can spare those few seconds.

Actually, just suggest auto loot. Monster dies and solo character or first character in group (local proximity) party gets the loot. That way combat would be even faster. Faster combat is good, right?

You do know what the underlying fact here is, don't you? The dense spawn - either by monster placement or by rounding up the resource monsters.

lol mass slaughering at Valley of the Moon [:P]

Maybe click and drag a grid to select all, and then loot all.. would be practical from time to time.

But would also make ninja looters even worse [:S]

Maybe we could change to text view or something... like the inventory window.. if it could be done it might be practical..

Golem 1
    Golem 2
    Golem 3
    Golem 4
    Golem 5
    Golem 6
    etc...
    100 Warrior |100 Guardian |100 Healer
    Unity [former Ice]

wich one would you pick ?

So you expect the developers to make it more convenient to mass slaughter monsters due to your combat skills. That will take a while due to their priorities so perhaps change your combat style now.
    I don't expect this to be a rapid change, honestly I don't even expect it to ever happen. But in a perfect world it would be nice. From a development standpoint it would not be hard to implement. Add another button to the loot screen, copy and paste the loot code and add a method to expire the mob. I'm sure it already exists and would be as simple as a calling the method.
    Syntael Arclight

Xydrik Shadowscale
    -75 Drag / 81 Dcra

Great idea, I would love to see this feature. Even when trying to walk around, some would die at the same time and it still very hard to loot.

I think id like this option as well..
    Frons Von Frik - Order

You can call the option: "FARMER JOHN'S BACKSCRATCHER"

Instead of making it easier and more convienent to farm MOBs< 60 rating from your adv level I would suggest letting them focus on new content worthy of your skill.

Unless it is a dragon alt PL session where they rumage through the MOBs like vultures.

Please don't take this wrong. That place is one of many that is used in good and bad ways, but the game could definatley do without it. It is just T3 Enlath with hoardables. [+o(]

Sajid,
    Lone Lizard of the Apocalypse

Champions of Honor

It's not just in this place. even when killing 4 golems looting can be a problem.
    Treants are hard to loot too.

You hunt for tech comps and go around the corpses for a long while to make sure you didn't miss one of them.

Thread Information