Thread: Ranger/Scout "Camouflage" and "Mirage" spells

Default Ranger/Scout "Camouflage" and "Mirage" spells

I've always seen scouts and rangers as being more of a reconnaissance-oriented class, sneaking about amongst enemies, remaining hidden until striking. That's why I'd like to suggest some manner of Camouflage ability/spell/line of items that scouts and rangers use.

The effect of Camouflage is to make yourself harder to detect. Really good camouflage renders someone invisible until you're almost on top of them. Translated into the game mechanics, Scout/Ranger Camouflage would reduce the aggro radius of various mobs. Naturally, if you fire a round into the head of a mithril golem, it'll aggro and come after you, so Camouflage would have to be a non-combat function.

A similar ability or spell could be given to spellcasters of all races, only this one, "Mirage," can be used in combat. Mirage is an AoE debuff, with short to medium range. When cast it offers a certain percent chance of causing an attacking force of mobs to go after a mirage, instead of a player. The mirages look like ghosts (human, sslik, ghostly dragons, etc) but just stand there until the spell wears out.

In this manner, a single player could appear as a group to the mobs, diverting some of the incoming attacks.

Just a suggestion. What do you all think?

Default Re: Ranger/Scout "Camouflage" and "Mirage" spells

Collecting resources would need to negate mirage the same way an attack would
    Sajid,
    Lone Lizard of the Apocalypse

Champions of Honor

I'm not a scout or ranger, but that sounds good for the camo idea...

But, I really like the mirage idea, that is a great idea!! [:D][:D][:D]
    As a Cleric of Harden I am duty bound to teach you his ways.
    or kill you trying!

If such abilities are added, they should be non-masterable. Too many class-defining abilities are already masterable leading to little variety among players.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

gopher65

I think all abilities should be unmasterable. Spells should transfer over for multiclassing(rather like they do now), but abilities are what makes a class a class. Is it fair to a mage that I can multicast? I don't think so.

Thread Information