Thread: Visible Capes

AiNoKeA

Default Visible Capes

I know, I know there's alot more important things, but wouldn't it be awesome if we had visible and invisible capes?

Default Re: Visible Capes

In the past, I recall AE's reply was that capes are unfeasible with the graphics engine. I guess they were referring to the cloth simulation mode there, too.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Istarian Wizard

In the past, I recall AE's reply was that capes are unfeasible with the graphics engine.
    So unfortunate. This is just the kind of "fluff" that this game needs. Some attention should be given to the gratuitous side of the game every once in a while,especially things that the general population can appreciate and have fun with. Dragon scales should also be made visible in some way if possible. Most people would enjoy the ability to "decorate" themselves more if they could, and I'm sure it would generate a little more interest in the game.Personally, being a wizard without a robe andforced to have to go about in spandex all the time, Ifor one would really welcome the addition of a visible cape if nothing moreto make me feel a little more wizardly,and not to mention to preserve some dignity. [:P]

not to mention dresses.

It occurs to me that I have not noticed cloth simulation on the options menu recently. I don't know if it got removed. It worked really well, stuff like awnings and door tapestries (on a couple of the shops) were very impressive.

But, oh did it hit framerate on a middling machine.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Oh, cloth sim is in place and working fine, as I verify every time I run in and out of my smithy. (journeyman smithy, open to all, very close to Aiya's pad).

I'm not sure why cloaks and robes would have to have a full cloth sim, though. The DaoC cloaks looked ok, if simplistic, just long curved rectangles with designs on them (and the much ballyhooed addition of hoods you could raise or lower). They flapped stiffly with movement. Something like that could be a placeholder until full cloth sim'd capes can be done, yes? Then again, I'm no programmer.

A similar addition I'd like would be braids. Long braids, flowing down the back. They could be animated similarly to a fiend's tail. Down with hairsprayed helmet heads!

-Levity Merrel, Crai Aisling, Sans AoP by Aiya's pad
    100 Blacksmith/63 Fitter/45 Mason/45 Carpenter/80 Reaver

Fenris Wolf

If frame-rate is the issue with visable, than I would say make visable capes susceptible to the "On/Off" option of "Cloth Simulation".

When "Off" they would appear as oblong shapes on your back that shifted a bit when you run. But when "On" they would act a lot like the curtains of many shops, which sway around as you run through them.

Quote Originally Posted by Levity View Post

I'm not sure why cloaks and robes would have to have a full cloth sim, though. The DaoC cloaks looked ok, if simplistic, just long curved rectangles with designs on them (and the much ballyhooed addition of hoods you could raise or lower). They flapped stiffly with movement. Something like that could be a placeholder until full cloth sim'd capes can be done, yes? Then again, I'm no programmer.
    yes even a placeholder would be better than nothing :-)

so please add at least some basic cape animations

Thread Information