Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fast leveling multiclassed craft schools?

Default fast leveling multiclassed craft schools?

ok after the admins deleted my original threat about this topic (without warning or pm) i start a new one =)

what do you think about the current craft system in the case of multiclassing

to get 1-100 as a single class crafter is a great task and takes a lot of time and the achievement is great

but what then? if you are a crafter able to craft t5 you get a real good exp for it and you are able to get this exp in another school with related skills (miner/armorer/weaponsmith/fitter and other combos)

if you use this game mechanic you can lvl fitter till lvl 1 to 100 with mithril and dont have the stress to craft steel, cobalt... and can gain very fast levels

to look at the adventure shools: if a berserk 100 changes to warrior 01 than he retains his 2handed slash ability but not the ability to use his tier 5 axe

whats your opinion about this multiclassing?

1)is it to fast

2) is it ok

3) is it to slow

what do you think is the effect of multiclassed crafter on the community? is there any use of be a single class crafter? wasting your rare t4-5 techs for only 1 thing (e.g. armor)

Default Re: fast leveling multiclassed craft schools?

you really can't compare them, they're completely different. I had a whole long post in your last thread that explained it all. Maybe i'll rewrite it later.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

@pj sorry i had been out at work so i couldnt read your answer! the post got deleted to fast [:'(] i would appreciate a pm or if you would post it again, thx

Vlisson,

Several things to consider... assuming your a 100 fitter... what does a fitter and armorer/outfitter share... smelting... thats it that produces exp... ah... but as a level 10 armorer can you do anything with that mith bar you just smelted?... nope... store it or sell it... thats all you can do with it.

reverse the situation... 100 armor and want to be a fitter... same thing... only thing you can do with that mith bar is sell or store.

I have a personal goal of 1900 craft classes, there are others that have personal goals of 100x11 adventure classes... why should the crafters be limited moreso than adventurers?

Crafting multiclassing is a necessity because you dont have the player base or a stable economy to support forced individuality.

IMMHO the 100x11 adventurer is more of a threat to the community than a 100x19 crafter... but thats my opinion, take it for what its worth.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Merriweather Honeythorn

It basically boils down to what skills you are using to gain said XP...

When you Adventure you are using the whole compliment of skills available to said school to gain XP and level. When a Spearman goes out and hunts they aren't just using 1H Pierce, they are also using Parry, Block, Shield, additional abilities, etc to defeat mobs and gain levels.

Whereas when you are crafting to gain XP you are only ever able to use a single skill for each task you do... If you smelt some ore you are only using Smelting. If you make a stone tool you are only using Sculpting. And so on. You don't get special abilities to help these jobs become easier unlike Adventuring. If your base Smelting is very low, and you can only work with the lower tiers of metal then your XP gain will reflect that. If it is very high and you are able to work with higher tiers of materials then again, your XP gain will reflect that.

Not all JoATs do it all to be the best in everything first or the fastest to get as many schools as possible to 100. Most JoATs take on so many crafts because they honestly enjoy crafting and prefer spending their time that way than out hunting and to be self sufficient. I believe I can also say that most JoATs don't level one school to 100 then use that elevated skill set to make levelling other schools to 100 that much easier; they instead level all schools of interest simultaneously. This is speaking from experience as to what I myself do and have seen done throughout my friends and acquaintances. These types of people do not tend to shoot up through the levels in all of their schools overnight.

(note: I did not mention buffs, stats, or techs because both Adventurers and Crafters alike use these to aid in advancement)

Do a search on your own post, the topic is still there . . . kinda.

Players play to have fun . . . some will interact to work together - A mines and crafts for XP while the other takes that crafted item and refines for XP. Some work out barter arrangements, some don't (due to playing times, storage management, or other reasons due to roleplaying or not). AE stated a goal of increased player to player interaction . . . maybe it was not intended for craft multiclassing.

Remember, Horizons 2.0 is an Istaria of convenience on the crafting side:
    * Player made shops are nearer most resources (proximity)
    * Player made shops are nearer tier III and IV resources (much more so than pre-merge)
    * Tier V resources are in Istaria (absent pre-merge except for transmuting)
    * Player made shops give + 25 / 50 to skills (+ 0 pre-merge)
    * More storage options are available than pre-merge
    * High current skills + triped teched tier V tools aid leveling from 80 to 100 a lot

Oh, don't forget the long period of time with 1 million bulk vaults with no plots (some opted to work on community buildings, some opted not to). Then when plots were released, some may still have focused on leveling craft/construction schools until the vaults were restored.

So, players will level their crafting side faster and for a variety of reasons multiclass crafting schools (buffs statistics, guild needs, player convenience, storage ability, problems with combat post-merge, etc.).

Some players will study the crafting classes and find common skills between them. I think they mainly involve crafting tools. So after the first 100 (or high adventure levels), the other schools can come easier by following that path of common skills.

Granted, trainer chats talk of high tiered resources being more remote (last I checked), but that is no longer an issue. Lore has gone by the wayside, all for the sake of convenience.

Granted, AE (TulgAE) has not anticipated (nor planned) for rapid craft leveling. Craft trainer quests are coming (Tinkerer as stated), just that players are faster than AE's content to enliven the crafting side of Horizons for players that enjoy crafting (to the point of pure crafters).

It is all part of the new game design of convenience and . . . . well other factor$.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Speaking as someone who's quiet a bit of multiclassing via the shared skill route, there really isnt' much of a difference speed wise up to a point.Although for super high rated adventurers it does slow down after a point.

hmm i get circa 30.000 EXP for making mithril bars per run (full inventory, without disc), and i make swords (without exp) and then sell it to the pawni (because i need money)

Part of the problem is that some T5's are very easy (mithril, marble, yew, gems), while others are much harder (ironsilk, shining essense). Mithril is about as easy as it gets, so you're only looking at 1 extreme situation. You won't see people out at the shining wisps trying to powerlevel themselves.

The merge made things a whole lot easier for crafters & adventurers both. That being said, we definately have 200+ rating adventurers, but are there 200+ rating crafters? I'm not sure what Seranthor's craft rating is, but I wouldn't doubt his craft rating is the highest on chaos. The game on the whole is far easier than it was, but if you make it the way it was before (ie: longer run to resources, less machines) then you'll probably end up just losing more people.

Adv: 12x100, 72 Wizard, 60 Warrior, 40 CHSW, 10 Monk (200)
    Craft: 19x100, 100 Tailor (234)
    [extended vacation]

Easier since merge? Shorter runs to resources?
    Have you tried confectioning since merge??

Fair enough, I'm not a confectioner, but on other types the run for t3 & t4 is much shorter. I was speaking on general terms, there may well be another exception.

[extended vacation]

Seranthor's rating isn't the highest on chaos, having no 100 crafts hurts him in the respect to rating.

The hardest thing about Confectioner prior to the merge was getting
    the clay. That is now easy. Sure the other components are farther outside
    town, but they are not guarded...

You are exactly right, PJ, not having a 100 makesa huge difference. I'm sure he would if he did have a 100 though.[:D]

[extended vacation]

atm its only 173, highest craft is 86

and I'm sure that PJ, Stizo, Serkan and probably 1 or 2 others have higher craft ratings than my own.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

MMAI_ice

Give people something to do, and powerlevelling will fade away.
    Craft events are a good example, we need more "satyr mine" alikes. Which include up to tier 5 (or even 6) material.

I disagree with all the posts about slowing things down. Instead, i challenge the creative people around to think of something else.

I am very, very tired when it comes to another change that effects my char, or my property, in a negative way. Seen it, lived with it, got the T-shirt. No more, thx.

Its always tricky, people with high ratings are the sort who tend not to show up in /who. So if they are lurking they certainly aren't the social type

Oh and I agree with MMAI_Ice. I know my random other levelign would slow down dramatically if I were needed on the frontlines to fight the WA or to build on some project, etc.

Merriweather Honeythorn

/agree

People have always said and will continue to say it; The Satyr mines (although extremely long, sometimes boring, and sometimes tedious) was hands down THE best event we've ever had.

Crafters want world changing building/crafting to do and Adventurers want world changing destruction to administer... We got both with the Satyr mines event. We need both again!!

Serkan

Nobody has hit CR200 on Chaos yet. I am not sure about other shards,but Gandalff claimed to have CR200 a couple weeks back. Nobody refuted/supported that claim up to this point.

As for levelling fast, it's not as easy as it might seem. The last 10 levels ofa school are always slow compared to the other 90.

Rough2007

I love it, didnt think about that.... see alot of things can be done in these forums, everyone that plays needs to use them

Thread Information