Thread: Training points & Chat Commands

Niteshay

Default Training points & Chat Commands

Hello All ..

I was wondering if someone could help with some in game commands or where is a place to find such commands. in paticular i cann't seem to figure out the chat command for talking in general chat. Seems it always pops up in say instead of general no matter what i do, so know i am missing a command.

Next thing i was wondering is who do i have to go see to use my training points. I had started playing Horizons on the day it was released, but had to quite becuase i never could log in on dial up now i got cable WoooHooo.. Anyway when i started playing again i got a message that all of my training points had been returned to me, so trying to find out who it was i turned these into. Any help woudl be appreciated!!!

Default Re: Training points & Chat Commands

First of all, welcome back to Istaria <Grins>

You can get a full list of commands with /help

And you can spend your training points anywhere you want, open you character window, click on the training points, and distribute as you see fit...
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

No idea about the chat command, but you don't need to visit a trainer for training points anymore. click the gem button and training, this will get you to a window where you can spend you're training points.

Welcome back! [:)]

I'll try with the chat command. I hope others will correct any errors I make; it's been quite a while since I messed with this.

First, there are only dedicated channels. You open a new window with <h>. (No <> of course.) Right click on the window, and choose chat settings. All will be checked on, by default. Click the blank button near the bottom, to clear all. Click on the button above for the function(s) you want for this window; say group, and group feedback. Now, for what you type to go to the group (only) , go down to the default command, and click it on, and fill in </g> for the default command. Name the tab group, for example. Click apply, or close, or whatever (I don't remember offpaw). I like to have all my private chats (</tell name>) appear as separate tabs on one window, so I designate that window by clicking the "general chat"??? "main chat"??? button. ( I've forgotten its name.) I also have a guild </gu> tab on this window.

There are two big tabs at the top of this window. We've worked with the first one. The second is for "Player Created Channels" or some such name. It shows the channels you have joined. If you click on the appropriate icon at the bottom right of a chat window, you get a list of the player created channels in existence, such as Marketplace, General, or Auction (Shards may differ). On Order, with the diminished population, often Marketplace is the only active channel, and it gets used for general questions, as well as WTB(want to buy) and WTS messages.

I hope this helps, and that others will assist in clearing up any errorsor vagueness in this first try.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

I have four (!) windows of chat tabs. Can't even see my toon from thighs down, sometimes, but I'm working on that.

Anyway, I have found that when I first log in, if I click on the "General" chattab (or any other tab) and type in that window, it comes out in /say. However, if I click another tab or two in that chat window and then return to the General tab (or whichever I want to type in), what I type comes out correctly.

I think the command is /chat general <text>, if you want to tell it to go to the right tab. This does not work in chat tabs with spaces in their names.

If you are starting a new chat window from scratch, make sure to right click on its title bar, pick options or preferences or whatever it's called, and click the "Primary" box at the bottom. Then any further tabs will pop up in that window, up to 8 tabs per window.

Also, use your blue gem Options to customize whether tells to you go in a new window or just a new tab. If just a new tab, that new one will pop up in whatever window you have designated as Primary. If Primary is full, you get a new window when someone /tells you. I am constantly redesignating which window is Primary as I delete tabs I don't need and open up space :).

But once you have tabs established for the groups you want to follow, the basic trick as said above is to click a different tab then click the one you want, click in its text bar, and type.

-Levity Merrel, Crai Aisling, Sans AoP by Aiya's pad
    100 Blacksmith/63 Fitter/45 Mason/45 Carpenter/81 Reaver

Thread Information