Thread: How long to scan on dial up? Pre-merger files still...

Merriweather Honeythorn

Default How long to scan on dial up? Pre-merger files still...

Welp, been scanning for like 2 hours now and the PURPLE bar is only a quarter of the way across.. Of course I have a LOT of files to be updated given I haven't been able to log in since August of last year, pre-merger... I'm not even sure I can play to be honest but decided to see how far I could get by attempting to log into the game.

Anyhow, anyone got a clue? Anyone have a guestimate on how long just the scanning should take of pre-merger > post-merger files on dial up?

I already know this is gonna hurt but I'd like an idea of how badly it will hurt. :P

Default Re: How long to scan on dial up? Pre-merger files still...

Premerger->post merger patch on dialup would take no less than 10hrs at a rough guess there is a few hundred mb of downloads that will be required.

If you got any friends with broadband who live near by i would suggest paying them a visit with your comp :P
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Drunkenmonkey

i think it took between 8-12 hours when i finally got around to updating it on my laptop, then 2 weeks later i got a 512k conn

Merriweather Honeythorn

Yeah, the husband said to just wait until we get broadband but that could be some time from now and I'm patient enough to do the patch in batches.. Little bit here, little bit there... It's all good.

Poor poor connectionhope you get a better one soonish [O][*-)]

100 Warrior |100 Guardian |100 Healer
    Unity [former Ice]

wich one would you pick ?

gopher65

lets see.... 60+ megs map files (you can't add them up, we downloaded slightly different versions of the same files.... 5 times?)... +maybe another 50-70 megs of updates. Mainlymobmodels (treants, oscaics, vextars, many many pymies, ogres, wolves, beetles, spiders, and piggies. Kwellens) and stuctures (all human racial housing).

if you have, remember to uninstall that Pepkakke's(? think i just made that up) Map Pack.
    Will save 20-30 MB of download. (rough figure)

Shaw el Shadai Moking
    'Coming at ya...like a spring!'

Shaw, actually, I don't THINK it would matter especially if she hasn't been on since premerger. The maps have changed entirely over time since then if I recall correctly.

The doing it in batches seems like the best idea, alternately you can either drag your machine to a friend's with broadband (BEST idea) or just keep downloading every night when you go to bed or in the morning when you head to work. Or get one of us to send you a CD or DVD with it all burned. ;)

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Merriweather Honeythorn

hehe All done. Got it done in about 8 hours as one of the above predicted. Now just trying to get myself fixed up sos I don't keep crashing. lol

Glad to hear it! Good luck!

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Welcome back Merriweather! :)

Guaran

Thread Information