Thread: How to have different hotkeys?

Charlson

Default How to have different hotkeys?

I have heard of people doing this but I do not know how... How do you go about having different hotkey setups for different classes, ie different sets of 10 hotkeys? I know it has something to do with making different versions of some file and loading the one you want into the Horizons directory before playing. I'm not sure if I was very clear but I hope somebody can help, 10 rows of hotkeys is not enough. Thanks :)

Default Re: How to have different hotkeys?

Its probably possible to copy the files that represent your hotkeys to a backup folder that you call for e.x. Palladin.. then change all hotkeys so they are suitable for Mage if this is another class you play.. then when you are done.. make a backup folder called Mage and put the files in there.. etc..

Btw i dont know wich the files are but this would be the general idea.

And for any developer reading this there would be really nice if there could be several sets of 10 hotkeybars that you could rename to have *Palladin hotkeys* then when you switch to mage switch to *Mage hotkeys* would be very useful [I]
    100 Warrior |100 Guardian |100 Healer
    Unity [former Ice]

wich one would you pick ?

this is how I do it frist go to your Hv pref folder
    "C:\Program Files\Artifact Entertainment\Horizons\prefs"
    when in there copy the folder with your charater name on it and correct shard name
    (example "chaos_Blue-hasia" is my pref folder)
    after you copy that folder save it to another folder and to make it easy name it what the current school and lvl. Now you have a backup of that charaters Prefs which includes your hotkey settings

Well, to add some of Blue Hasia's post:

When you have a look into that "Prefs"-Folder you will notice a file "UIHotkeys.def" and a subfolder "hotkey_icons", that's the only ones you need to backup.

UIhotkeys.def defines the hotkeys. Change this to have different sets of hotkey commands.
    The subfolder hotkey_iconsholds the icons with a graphic file for each hotkey. BUT:A blank hotkey has no file there. So before change, it will be best to empty this subfolder because you will not overwritean old iconwith an empty hotkey.

btw: I think one have to restart horizons to change the hotkeys this way.
    Devlyn Canchobhar, Daoine SÃ**dhe, Unity
    Ranger[100] Druid[100] Healer[100] Spiritist[100] Mage[36] Spellcrafter[100] Mason[55]

Thread Information